Author Topic: Someone has screwed up - Not happy....!  (Read 12088 times)

pazzorilancio

Someone has screwed up - Not happy....!
« on: September 24, 2009, 21:15:24 PM »
Very angry!!!

So I put in my card details... the card gets rejected.. No reason why.. just plain out rejected. There"s way more than enough on the card and I withdrew £10 from it about an hour ago.. Had the same issue with pokerstars...

With Halifax btw..

Recently changed my address.. Checked it online... My new address is on the account though there is no "county" for my new address.

Apat side marked county as none optional thus I had to put "yorkshire" ( i live in Leeds ). Could this be why it hasn"t matched?

If so I"m very angry with APATs payment provider for stupidly making the field compulsory when it obviously shouldn"t be.
If the Halifax person screwed up for not putting a county on I"m very angry with them...

If it was none of teh above I"m very angry with someone...

:( Can you tel I"m mad? :(

EDIT: Didn"t mean to sound disrespectful :) You can imagine my upset after waiting for so long to enter :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 21:27:26 PM by pazzorilancio »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: Someone has screwed up - Not happy....!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 21:16:50 PM »
Learn a little more respect please.  APAT don"t set any of the payment parameters.

pazzorilancio

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 21:26:35 PM »
Apologies if it sounded like I"m actively mad at Apat.. I didn"t mean to come across that way. I"m just generally a bit mad due to the amount of time I"ve waited for the clickfest :p

Can you inform me/remind me of the people u use for payments so I can complain to them? At least I could try and get it changed for next time... ;)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 21:35:53 PM »
Likewise, apologies if I jumped back at you :)

Our payment provider; reputedly one of the biggest in the business is PayPoint.com, formerly Metacharge. 

When members have had problems previously, we"ve always looked at the point they attempted their purchase and reserved a seat for them based on that.

pazzorilancio

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 21:44:12 PM »
Is this something I"m going to miss out on due to my anger rage personal issues? ;)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 21:48:55 PM »
I suspect your timely second post puts you back in the frame Joshua  :D  I appreciate you edited the "APAT rage" out of your original post, but please think before you shoot the messenger next time.  We"re generally on our players side.

pazzorilancio

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 21:54:58 PM »
As i wrote it I knew I had the external company in mind... ;) haha!

In all seriousness though.. I work in IT so it drives me absolutely wild when some teccie somewhere hasn"t done their job properly with regards to optional/required fields! Something so simple! I"ll be speaking to both companies... I can"t imagine I"m the only one that"s had this issue!

Ah well look forward to a call with the fraud department at halifax tomorrow! They auto-block the card if its rejected..grrr

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 22:20:36 PM »

In all seriousness though.. I work in IT........

I was starting to have some sympathy but now.......  :D
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 22:32:43 PM »

Had the same issue with pokerstars...

this may indicate it is nothing to do with APAT

also your county will officially be West Yorkshire
Looking forward to making my first day 2

pazzorilancio

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 22:35:18 PM »

Had the same issue with pokerstars...

this may indicate it is nothing to do with APAT

also your county will officially be West Yorkshire

Tried West Yorkshire first time ;) Then Yorkshire :(

With pokerstars it was before my address change. The bank said it auto prevented the transaction due to fraud possibilities thus details were not posted wrong. Just a random halifax fraud prevention thing...

I gotta find out more details before I blame either Halifax or the payment provider... It could well be either I imagine...!

And AceOnTheRiver, I work at a child protection software company.. it makes working in IT a little less evil :D!

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 22:37:07 PM »
I"m not sure the county matters much for matching purposes - i put my town in the county field (and the village in the town field) and it went through OK.

Prob 1st line of address and postcode is all that really matters.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 22:39:12 PM »

And AceOnTheRiver, I work at a child protection software company.. it makes working in IT a little less evil :D!

That"s not fair I can"t take the mickey out of that!! And I suppose you volunteer looking after sick animals at the weekend! Pfft!  :)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

pazzorilancio

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 22:40:52 PM »

That"s not fair I can"t take the mickey out of that!! And I suppose you volunteer looking after sick animals at the weekend! Pfft!  :)

LOL! Nono I do enough good in the world by drinking tea all day.. err I mean implementing new features into the software... ;)

AJDUK, you may be right...but then why is it a compulsory field?! And if it doesn"t matter then why the heck was my card rejected :(

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 22:54:16 PM »

AJDUK, you may be right...but then why is it a compulsory field?! And if it doesn"t matter then why the heck was my card rejected :(

dunno - could be compulsory for a number of back office reasons i suppose. Reading through other posts lots of cards seem to get rejected for whatever reason so you aren"t on your own. Des will sort you out if it was in time (and you don"t upset him in the meantime ;) ). He"s good like that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 22:59:25 PM by AJDUK »
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 23:01:31 PM »

dunno - could be for a number of back office reasons i suppose. Reading through other posts lots of cards seem to get rejected for whatever reason so you aren"t on your own. Des will sort you out if it was in time (and you don"t upset him in the meantime ;) ). He"s good like that.

There is a difference between the card being rejected and a processing error though. A small point, but the latter one is definitely down to the processor rather than the banks.

I strongly suspect that it"s a compulsory field because whoever programmed it didn"t get proper instructions, or just decided it was easier to do it that way - rather than because it"s actually needed.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341