Author Topic: luton seats  (Read 2768 times)

fish

luton seats
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
Can anyone tell me if there r any seats left for luton as the link is still on the home page.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: luton seats
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
Still a couple left.  It will sell out this weekend.

pokernuts07

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:55 AM »
Any particular reason why these are not selling out straight away?  My 1st live event was Dublin and have bought into Bolton and Luton without any problems but the general opinion was that they would all sell out in a matter of minutes (as per previous years).  So what"s changed?

Not complaining of course just interested!

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »
We sold two events in a week (a first) both taking place just before Christmas...I would say that"s largely the answer.  We also did not send an email to the database for either or promote them on external forums.  Bolton sold out very quickly of course and we have very few seats for Luton left.  As this is effectively the last event of the season to buy into, I think it"s good that we might see a few players coming to the site for the first time and actually finding they can buy a seat to an event.

pokernuts07

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »
Yes the 2 buy-ins in a week was a dent in the BR!  

I understand and probably the "credit crunch" has not helped matters either.  Definately not a bad thing and like you said it"s good that everyone who wants to pay should be able to too.

As I said, not a critisim just wandered what had changed.

Grant

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 19:53:18 PM »
 i havent brought in for luton because 2 buyins in a week is two hard for me. Im banking on cashing in Bolton then getting on the seat exchange. Im probably not the only one thinking this.