Author Topic: how to improve online  (Read 7648 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: how to improve online
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »
Good stuff
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »
great post Noble - useful stuff

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 15:09:30 PM »
you old wise owl :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 02:50:17 AM »

i think that im a good live player but my online game is so terrible, its unreal. is there any pointers or books to help as the internet is the best place to earn some good cash,

yes it is but if you struggle to adjust your game to online and cant be successful at it by your own standards then solely sticking to live play may help you manage you BR better and additionally allow you to improve your live game furthermore. Why carry on making the same mistakes if your not going to adjust...?

1. when im playing live i dont lose concentration, online i cant sit for hours as it seems so boring

If your not concentrating online as ur bored then this is -ve and will not help u "earn some good cash" to your full potential. This seems like a key issue for you given the info you"ve provided. Concentrating is not difficult if u rly want to do it, its all about frame of mind, i suggest reading this book.
http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Poker-Tommy-Angelo/dp/1419680897/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224710526&sr=8-1

2. i dont know why but it seems that im always being bluffed so i always call light no matter how tight or loose the player is

this question is prolly void until u resolve your concentration/boredom issue. tommy will help here imo.

On a personal note i would add that game selection is key, what have ur last 20 buyins been? have they all been at the same level and the same field size and the same type of game? or is it v erractic to cure boredom.... discipline in game selection is essential for online poker imo, it should allow u to cure some of that boredome playing 52s utg every now and then!

hope i"ve not come across rude but i would much rather get my points across in this manner to help you, either focus your concentration to your live game OR help your erradicate whatever it is that drove u to start this thread. either way it shold save u some bucks if you get serious about it! (even tho i prolly come across as a douche)
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »
great way to relieve the online boredom - multi-table (3 or 4) six max NLH games. At the .10/.20 level on most sites they have a really high player to flop ratio, meaning there will be action in almost every hand.  You can choose to mix it up and live on the edge, or play tight and know that you are going to be 3/1 ahead when you do finally get your chips in.... but one thing you can always guarantee is that there is too much going on in front of you to allow any boredom to creep in. Make sure you use a Tracker with a HUD though!

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 17:22:43 PM »

Make sure you use a Tracker with a HUD though!

Some sort of AHK script as well always helps if your multitabling.

Wld recommend modding the skin your playing on too if your going to get involved with more then 2 tables to ensure you always know how many players are in a pot!
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"