Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - January 2010  (Read 137815 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: APAT UK Team Championship - January 2010
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2009, 15:58:36 PM »
Define a small forum tho?!  I wouldn"t like to be split too much - mite take the camraderie out of it sumwat!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2009, 16:24:57 PM »
So for example you could have the UK Shark Poker Praetorians.  Thirty seats sorted right there.  :D

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2009, 23:12:54 PM »
Thread started on Punterslounge now

I know we will be overwhelmed with players wanting to play and i hope we get a team in!

Graeme
APAT Northern Regional Champion 2008
APAT ECAOP Online Player of the Series 2012

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2009, 23:20:22 PM »
While this discussion is raging, as it was always going to, I would just like to throw a my two-pennoth in on the subject by telling you players who are eligible to play for my Black Country Poker Club in this tournament.....in no particular order......

ANDY OVERTON, MATT McKINLAY, MARCEL FURET, MALCOLM HOWELL, TOD WOOD, BRIAN YATES, PAUL FOY, MAXINE McKINLAY, WILL YOUNG, ANT WILLIAMS, TONY TRIPPIER, JOEY WILLIAMS, STEVE REDFERN, ANDY DUNCAN, CLIVE PADDEN, DEBJANI DUNCAN.

In that lot, you have THREE APAT Champions, the winner of the APAT Online League Central Division and ALL of the Walsall team members, a runner-up and 3rd in other APAT live events this season, plus a GUKPT 3rd place to boot,2 England Team Members, to say nothing of the other final tables made by members of my club (at least one in EVERY live Season 3 event, often more !).
 My point is, this club supports APAT, promotes APAT by wearing the logo on our shirts and as such we DESERVE a place on MERIT.

Hopefully, that place will be confirmed this weekend........(I will be looking out for you in Manchester Des !!)

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2009, 23:25:41 PM »

While this discussion is raging, as it was always going to, I would just like to throw a my two-pennoth in on the subject by telling you players who are eligible to play for my Black Country Poker Club in this tournament.....in no particular order......

ANDY OVERTON, MATT McKINLAY, MARCEL FURET, MALCOLM HOWELL, TOD WOOD, BRIAN YATES, PAUL FOY, MAXINE McKINLAY, WILL YOUNG, ANT WILLIAMS, TONY TRIPPIER, JOEY WILLIAMS, STEVE REDFERN, ANDY DUNCAN, CLIVE PADDEN, DEBJANI DUNCAN.

In that lot, you have THREE APAT Champions, the winner of the APAT Online League Central Division and ALL of the Walsall team members, a runner-up and 3rd in other APAT live events this season, plus a GUKPT 3rd place to boot,2 England Team Members, to say nothing of the other final tables made by members of my club (at least one in EVERY live Season 3 event, often more !).
 My point is, this club supports APAT, promotes APAT by wearing the logo on our shirts and as such we DESERVE a place on MERIT.

Hopefully, that place will be confirmed this weekend........(I will be looking out for you in Manchester Des !!)

What point are you trying to make Brian ?   It"s not very clear from your post.   ;D

Nice Roll of Honour for BCPC.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: November 05, 2009, 00:33:08 AM »
Point being Leigh......I wouldn"t think that some of the players that will play for some of these forums will be APAT regulars. We send 11+ to EVERY tourney.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Hammerheid

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:01 AM »

But that doesn"t solve the basic problem, in fact, it makes it worse next year.

The problem isn"t getting in next time, it"s getting in...in the first place!

According to the scenario you posit for next time there are now only 10 team slots available for the numerous forums (I"ll go with that word) wishing to take part....and we"re back to the basic problem which is too many forums for the number of team slots.

Automatic entry for the outright winners (and APAT) doesn"t worry me as it seems only fair but selecting a forum who finished 2 - 5th (or whatever) when the team personnel (and thus no more representative than before) may not even be the same, doesn"t.

Reducing the players per team and thus increasing the number of forums seems the fairest way to go for the most number of forums.

i can pretty much guarantee if RTR (2nd last year ) are selected then we will have most if not all their team present
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:13:37 AM by Hammerheid »

dicie

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:17 AM »

teams of 5 players will reduce the value and prestige of the tournament imo.

It was always obvious that the next one of these competitions was going to be over subscribed and how the powers to be decide on selection is going to be just as difficult. I suppose that comes down to what APAT want from the tournament. We at Newcastle Poker Forum ran a similar event in late February which was a huge success and plan to run it again giving 1st option to teams that played in it last year. I think this tournament cant really be chosen along those conditions although Im sure that the decision makers within APAT once they decide the type of tournament they want will come to a fair and satisfactory conclusion.
The event is not too far away and to be fair to everyone a decision needs to be made to enable all concerned to begin making their plans. Picking a single team of 10 from our forum will be an absolute nightmare as so many members would love to play in it but to me this is what gives the tournament the appeal and prestige to play in and to be crowned the APAT UK Team Champions.
Good luck in how the decision is reached but one thing for sure is you will never be able to satisfy all applicants no matter what you do

This man always speaks alot of sense.

Ello me old mate, hope ur well. kh 6h

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2009, 10:17:45 AM »

Point being Leigh......I wouldn"t think that some of the players that will play for some of these forums will be APAT regulars. We send 11+ to EVERY tourney.

Totally agree with you Brian.

Des and I were discussing the other day whether for season 4 we should just rename APAT and call it BCPC.   ;)

If you guys get in, I think you would have to be one of the favourites to take it down.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »

Seems from this record this team have all had plenty of APAT experience and as such should be banned from this event to give others a chance ;)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2009, 10:38:30 AM »

Seems from this record this team have all had plenty of APAT experience and as such should be banned from this event to give others a chance ;)

Good point.  Let others enjoy the APAT experience.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

RobGibraltar

« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2009, 16:43:28 PM »

Good point.  Let others enjoy the APAT experience.

Damn. There goes my idea of a THMF team including the mob, vicky, neil.....

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2009, 19:49:08 PM »

Team TGF/Brs also interested in putting a team in and have asked me to post there interest.

Thanks.

Dicie

Who is this Dicie?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2009, 19:57:15 PM »

I agree with Ross.  You"ve taken enough APAT Silverware this year.  Do they also do seances at that pub?  ;)  

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2009, 20:00:33 PM »
LIST OF TEAMS SEEKING TO PLAY

APAT
Bristol & South West Meetup
Chezger
NIPoker
Raise The River
OfficePoker
Blondepoker
Newcastle Poker Forum
Eat My Stack
Ace Of Clubs
Gambling Network
Black Country Poker Club
North Norfolk Poker Forum
Punters Lounge
UK Poker Life
Sky Poker Forum
A World Of Poker
Northern Poker Stars
Kracked Kings
Furness Poker
Team TGF / Brs
FISO
The Hendon Mob
Voyage In Poker
Bubble Poker League
UK Sharks
London Poker Meetup
Poker Player
Shark Poker School

29 applications for entry to date.  Entry closes on Sunday.