Author Topic: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion  (Read 216311 times)

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »

I"ve had media training you know. Would make a good final table commentator. For this reason, live feeds are good. Co-Commentator ABK please.

ABK=Anyone but Kinboshi. I"d be asleep, and so would the viewers.

p.s As long as Leigh continues to do a lot of running, tis all good.

I"d be a bloody good co-commentator imo.

Well, you can certainly talk, Daniel. The only problem I see is shutting you up - at least when we"ve spoken on the phone I can always rely on your phone battery giving up the ghost.....eventually  :D

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »
HU Championship ftw
8-game ftw
6max ftw
PLO / PLO8 Mixed event
Sum ridiculous deep stack event (like wsop me structure)
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »

I"ve had media training you know. Would make a good final table commentator. For this reason, live feeds are good. Co-Commentator ABK please.

ABK=Anyone but Kinboshi. I"d be asleep, and so would the viewers.

p.s As long as Leigh continues to do a lot of running, tis all good.

I"d be a bloody good co-commentator imo.

Well, you can certainly talk, Daniel. The only problem I see is shutting you up - at least when we"ve spoken on the phone I can always rely on your phone battery giving up the ghost.....eventually  :D

I"m quiet, shy and retiring (awaits the jokes on the last one).
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »

You retired after the Broadway, didn"t you ?  :D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 11:45:02 AM »

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »
Love the idea of mini festivals over the weekends and esp main event on the sunday.

How about a cheap tourney on the sundays of the main event day 2, something cheep, crapshooty but fun like a bounty game so those who have the whole weekend can play again.

Really have no love for the regional teams thing (sorry) but cant please everyone, would prefer to play it as 1 game rather than divisions personally then chop it divisionally out from there if you must.  That would reduce the bias towards the bigger (membership wise) teams imo.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
Online: 6 max games to be introduced. Maybe a $20+$2 entry once a month and a HU game once every 3 months. HU is such a long game, I think it would lose it"s appeal to many quite quickly.

Live: tough one given limited resources on Sundays at certain venues. If running it as a Ranking Event, it would have to be a BuyIn which would bring those who live within commuting distance of venue back for another shot at points but without taking any exclusivity off the £75 / £100 Main Event. £25 wouldn"t do it and £50 too much IMO.

Oh, and no Kinboshi in the Media Box pls .. decent enough fella but he has a funny accent ... ;)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 13:04:30 PM »

Online: 6 max games to be introduced. Maybe a $20+$2 entry once a month and a HU game once every 3 months. HU is such a long game, I think it would lose it"s appeal to many quite quickly.

Live: tough one given limited resources on Sundays at certain venues. If running it as a Ranking Event, it would have to be a BuyIn which would bring those who live within commuting distance of venue back for another shot at points but without taking any exclusivity off the £75 / £100 Main Event. £25 wouldn"t do it and £50 too much IMO.

Oh, and no Kinboshi in the Media Box pls .. decent enough fella but he has a funny accent ... ;)

Pardon?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 13:46:34 PM »
No Divisions!

Who wants to play in Division 2 or 3? Do that to people and I suspect that a number won"t bother with it.

Oh, and the league went on a bit this year, don"t you think?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 14:10:53 PM »

No Divisions!

Who wants to play in Division 2 or 3? Do that to people and I suspect that a number won"t bother with it.

No way - they shud do it EVERY sunday for 52 weeks :)

As I have said in another post - I will gladly play div3 - surely easier to cash every week and get a load of points!  Also gives a massive incentive to try relentlessly hard to try and achieve div 1 status!!  Wud b gd w/ promotions/relegations to get the competitive juices flowing!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 14:15:40 PM »

No Divisions!

John,

Hear what you are saying about length of league.  Two shorter leagues planned for running next season.

Do you not think that promotion and relegation with added value for winners of ALL three divisions will be enough incentive to play ?

If you are in the 2nd or 3rd tier you are playing for promotion with added value for winners and then the chance to play in a higher division with even better added value and this opportunity would happen every six months or so.

The teams in the lower division may have less players, but that will be similar as all clubs in those divisions and they will have the chance to compete on a more level playing field with the opportunity build the club with more members to compete better in the higher divisions.

That"s the plan, anyway.   ;)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 14:21:21 PM »

No Divisions!

No way - they shud do it EVERY sunday for 52 weeks :)

As I have said in another post - I will gladly play div3 - surely easier to cash every week and get a load of points!  Also gives a massive incentive to try relentlessly hard to try and achieve div 1 status!!  Wud b gd w/ promotions/relegations to get the competitive juices flowing!

A load of points for what purpose - the dead-end of trying to qualify for Div 2? Forget it!
And I think you are mistaken if you anticipate easier pickings in Div 3. I expect the standard would be much the same in all 3 Divs.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 14:26:11 PM »

No Divisions!

John,

Hear what you are saying about length of league.  Two shorter leagues planned for running next season.

Do you not think that promotion and relegation with added value for winners of ALL three divisions will be enough incentive to play ?

If you are in the 2nd or 3rd tier you are playing for promotion with added value for winners and then the chance to play in a higher division with even better added value and this opportunity would happen every six months or so.

The teams in the lower division may have less players, but that will be similar as all clubs in those divisions and they will have the chance to compete on a more level playing field with the opportunity build the club with more members to compete better in the higher divisions.

That"s the plan, anyway.   ;)

Sorry Leigh, hadn"t seen your response when I posted my last one. Good luck with the league. Think I"ll probably pass.

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 14:32:55 PM »

I .  One idea that was looked at by the Regional Controllers and myself a couple of months ago was inviting the top ten APAT Poker Clubs to the UK Team Championship.  In the end, we all felt it was too late in the day to make that sort of change for this season, but we may do that for next season and I think that would reward those players who play with their clubs every week.  No decisions have been made on this for S4, so we"d welcome everyone"s feedback.

I like this idea!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 15:16:56 PM by lukybugur »
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2009, 14:38:15 PM »

Any live event within 100 miles of home would be nice,but it doesn"t look as though that is going to happen. Can we play league games with a deeper stack/longer clock as this year they tended to be shovefests from the word go?  

Really ?   2500 Starting stack with a 12 minute clock.  Regardless of the runners, these events were taking over 4 hours to finish (Trust me, I final tabled all 20  ;D )

I watched one in the Southern Division where no one went out for the first hour.

What would be your ideal structure, obviously keeping it realistic that these are $10 buyins ?

My post certainly wasn"t intended as a criticism of the concept of the league and I"m more than grateful for what APAT has provided for me in the years since inception, but I played, at most, six league games in the early part of the season and I just wanted to give some feedback which could explain my lack of appearances. The current model has a lot to commend it and I"m not arrogant enough to think my participation is the be all and end all, but there is room to build upon what is already there.
  In answer to the question about exactly what the structure should be, I don"t have an exact answer to give. The structure as is stands doesn"t allow for much "creative play"; the current stack sizes limit the number of times that a player can 3 bet/ c-bet with complete air/try moves not in any text book without being at risk of losing a signifcant proportion of your stack. The nationals were generally taking 6-7 hours to complete with 10000 starting chips, so maybe we should aim somewhere in the middle, say 5000 chips/13 minute blinds? The nationals had stacks of good play and whilst I realise that having something with the same structure on a more regular basis probably isn"t practical, surely there"s room for some narrowing of the gap between the two versions of the game we saw in season 3?  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 14:44:36 PM by Chipaccrual »
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one