Author Topic: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion  (Read 216421 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 22:48:09 PM »

Next year I also would like it to be more APAT based for APAT Team tournaments criteria rather than players being selected for their non-APAT results, my view is that we work so hard within APAT to achieve and learn and grow our game and there are so many of us who do not play much poker outwith APAT so are unable to compete with those with big non-APAT stats.  Thats just my view and would hope that next year players will be selected on their APAT stats alone, might be a bit much to ask, but I feel that APAT is for us amateurs to grow, and achieve results but it seems to have gone astray this year with the selection process and kinda unfair on those of us who support 100% and do well within APAT.

With regards to the team events.  European Team Championship selection will remain in the hands of the captains.  I think it is right that they should be able to pick from all of the members as opposed to those who play the most.  One idea that was looked at by the Regional Controllers and myself a couple of months ago was inviting the top ten APAT Poker Clubs to the UK Team Championship.  In the end, we all felt it was too late in the day to make that sort of change for this season, but we may do that for next season and I think that would reward those players who play with their clubs every week.  No decisions have been made on this for S4, so we"d welcome everyone"s feedback.

IMO we should have 2 different type of team events (as I think Des is proposing).

The European Team Championship has many players who are not "regulars" as they are representing their country. Whilst APAT is not confined to the UK the vast majority or players are from the UK and those from overseas teams in some cases are playing APAT for the first time. To choose players on APAT stats alone for this event would not give captains equal opportunity to choose a winning team for their country. Also APAT has never been about "exclusion" or "eliteist" and to limit selection for this event to those that support APAT 100% is kinda unfair on those who don"t play online or are unable to tour the country to attend all the APAT events.

I do like the idea however of also having an APAT team event where APAT stats are the criteria for entry into a team. This could be from the National league teams, an equivilent of the online final we have this year.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 23:25:18 PM »
Is there going to be a closed season mini-league this year?
so enjoyed the last one  ;D

or does season 4 kick off in Jan/Feb ? and therefore no closed season!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
Stick with Sunday nights, for the league games.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »

Des, can we have some more PLO online tournaments as we only have 2 in the year?

Yes James, I"m proposing that every National Online Championship in S4 takes the form of a weekend festival, with Omaha (Friday evening) and Horse (Saturday evening) Championship events (lower buy ins) in addition to the main event on Sunday evening. 

hmmmm, BSQ don"t do HORSE............

I suspect a new sponsor!!

Have to say, glad the ME"s have gone to sunday. Saturdays clashed with too much. Just think If I"d have been able to play more than 3 this season, I"d have been even higher in the online rankings ;)
i think i love you
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »
if we are having mixed events put all the tournies on at the same time, i am sure people can multi-table
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 09:51:46 AM »
More non-Holdem events wud b great!!  Even a deep stack - 8game championship at the worlds!!

Online National League was tremendous fun this season (despite sum laptop out the window connection problem moments)!!  Hope that continues in its current form or in the Div 1/2/3 format tht was mentioned!

[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »
Any live event within 100 miles of home would be nice,but it doesn"t look as though that is going to happen. Can we play league games with a deeper stack/longer clock as this year they tended to be shovefests from the word go?  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »

...  Even a deep stack - 8game championship at the worlds!!

<>  <> <> <> <> <>    <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>  <>   <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>  <>  <> <> <>       <> <> <> <> <> <> <>   <> <> <> <> <>   <>      <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>     <> <> <> <> <> <> <>    <> <> <> <> <> <> <>    <> <> <>     <> <> ..... etc. ad infinitum.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 10:08:38 AM »

Any live event within 100 miles of home would be nice,but it doesn"t look as though that is going to happen. Can we play league games with a deeper stack/longer clock as this year they tended to be shovefests from the word go?  

Really ?   2500 Starting stack with a 12 minute clock.  Regardless of the runners, these events were taking over 4 hours to finish (Trust me, I final tabled all 20  ;D )

I watched one in the Southern Division where no one went out for the first hour.

What would be your ideal structure, obviously keeping it realistic that these are $10 buyins ?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 14:44:13 PM by Chipaccrual »

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
100K s/s...45minute levels...staring at 1/2...no ante  ::)

I think he structure is great!!  Sooo glad there r antes in there - and after the 1st wk (and 4th I think randomly) the structure was much improved!!  Due to it being on a sunday and ppl having to work the next day - it has to be ran in a way to realistically be over by 12ish!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 10:18:13 AM »

you shove 125bbs preflop?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »
I"ve had media training you know. Would make a good final table commentator. For this reason, live feeds are good. Co-Commentator ABK please.

ABK=Anyone but Kinboshi. I"d be asleep, and so would the viewers.

p.s As long as Leigh continues to do a lot of running, tis all good.

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »
Love all the apat tourneys,,very well done to all who do the organising,,,,also,, i like blue square but this season for some reason,,(no problems last year) i and many others have had major connection problems,,,sometimes being disconnected after 2 hours play,,,sometimes it has taken me over an hour to get to my table,,,on the odd occasion i have had no problems at all,,,by the way,my provider is sky and not aol,,,,could someone ask blue square to look into this for next season,,,sorry to moan lol,,but i do really enjoy playing online with you all and everytime i play  its doing my head in not knowing if i will connect or when i will be disconnected lol !!!!!!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:49 AM »

I"ve had media training you know. Would make a good final table commentator. For this reason, live feeds are good. Co-Commentator ABK please.

ABK=Anyone but Kinboshi. I"d be asleep, and so would the viewers.

p.s As long as Leigh continues to do a lot of running, tis all good.

I"d be a bloody good co-commentator imo.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
How about a re-buy during the online National weekends?

HU-championship?

6-max tournament?

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason