Author Topic: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion  (Read 216572 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2009, 15:56:14 PM »
Many thanks Phil.

With regards to a day two tournament, we"re happy to announce the addition of an APAT Omaha Championship at the European Amateur Championship in Luton next week.  This tournament will kick off at 3.30pm on Sunday and offer a 5,000 chip Pot Limit Omaha event for a £20 + £5 buy in (we"re accepting of the fee as this was not a scheduled event).  The field size will be capped at 60 runners.

The Season Four schedule is really developing now and I believe it will be the most exciting and activity filled season of all.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2009, 17:33:47 PM »

With regards to a day two tournament, we"re happy to announce the addition of an APAT Omaha Championship at the European Amateur Championship in Luton next week.

Thought this was on the cards for next year, but I didn"t expect you get it in for next weekend. Well done.

I honestly don"t look forward to anything more in my poker calendar. Sad but true. I"d like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to APAT for everything they do. There"s nothing like it. More of the same please.

+1
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2009, 09:12:01 AM »

Live

As mentioned above a day 2 tournament for anyone knocked out day 1 would be great. More international venues as also mentioned gets a thumbs up, was disappointed this year, after having the pleasure of visiting Vienna for my first APAT last year which was an amazing experience, including the joys of the Orange Wings :)

Overall though the live events are in my humble opinion perfect, and superbly ran. The buy in for my bank roll, the structure, whole APAT ethos / experience shouldnt be changed in anyway. I honestly don"t look forward to anything more in my poker calendar. Sad but true. I"d like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to APAT for everything they do. There"s nothing like it. More of the same please.

Damnit i hate having to agree with you!!

The Europeans will be my 4th APAT and I really cant wait, great atmopshere and great people, dont go tinkering with it!!!

Just hope i am unable to play in the Omaha tourny!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2009, 21:22:26 PM »

NATIONALS

Like the idea of making a weekend of it. As someone who struggles to make a day two, something on the Sunday to make the expense of overnight accomodation seem worthwhile has to be good.

this definitely has mileage - 85% of the field don"t make day two, yet most will have shelled out for overnight accomodation.

Agree

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2009, 17:40:48 PM »
ONLINE NATIONAL LEAGUE

Structure is perfect imo. No need to change anything in that respect. In terms of the three divisions thing, not really into it just yet as I think the whole thing with teams with very little members needs to be addressed first. I like the idea of having 10 or 15 member teams being made up by the members themselves and not limited to geographical location. For instance a group of ppl who know each other but are from different areas can band together and make a team, I think the mate-factor would increase the numbers because everybody would be getting onto their mates to get logged on and play regularly to do well in the league. It may also encourage players to further recommend APAT to friends and get them involved. I know I could get a couple of more mates on board who haven't been as interested thus far with this type of set up. Users who don't know people on APAT already can either band together and create friendships via the league or refer their own mates. Then after the performance of these leagues we can look at divisions in S5. Just my opinion anyway.

ONLINE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Love the idea of multiple events, especially the addition of PLO, 6-Max or HU games.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

I like the idea of a smaller APAT event for Day 2 being added for people who don't make it as they will already have accounted for being there on the Sunday anyway. Maybe mimic the plan for the Online National Championships and have a live PLO event at every national championship, held on the Sunday? Even if no PLO, definitely have a Sunday side-event.

SPONSOR

While I appreciate the work that Blue Square have done throughout the years in supporting APAT and adding prizes such as GUKPT seats, people still have problems with the iPoker network and I think everyone is in agreement that the software is absolutely awful (no timebanks, table re-sizing, etc, etc, etc). Sure the added value is great but what with Pokerstars already having had involvement at the start of APAT, having miles better software and also having the newly created UK Poker Tour of which they could offer seats of comparable value too - my vote would go there, and I'm sure many others would too. In fact even without added value of comparable value to what Blue Square has offered I'd still rather play at Pokerstars and wouldn't miss a single online event or satellite.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »
i mentioned in an earlier post about the far superior software at Pokerstars, but if I remember correctly, didn"t we have a problem in securing passwords for APAT only players?

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2009, 17:06:02 PM »
For instance a group of ppl who know each other but are from different areas can band together and make a team, I think the mate-factor would increase the numbers because everybody would be getting onto their mates to get logged on and play regularly to do well in the league.

Do run the risk of the best players grouping together tho.
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2009, 18:59:11 PM »

For instance a group of ppl who know each other but are from different areas can band together and make a team, I think the mate-factor would increase the numbers because everybody would be getting onto their mates to get logged on and play regularly to do well in the league.

Do run the risk of the best players grouping together tho.

I"m sure a few groups would already have some better players in them anyway. I"d personally prefer to play in a team with mates than chase glory by trying to band together with people I thought would sweep the boards. Maybe that"s just me but I would have no objection in playing with a group of mates vs a "super team" or whatever. At the end of the day we all get two cards.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2009, 22:07:56 PM »
Due to recent events over at Blonde, please get a sponsor that does not use the iPoker network. Thanks. :)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2009, 22:38:20 PM »
Haven"t a clue what went on at Blonde, but BSQ have been great sponsors, I play all my on line poker on BSQ and haven"t a problem with it. Having said that I am sure Des and the guys will do what ever is best for APAT.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2009, 23:59:31 PM »
WOW !!
Prophetic comments from fatcatstu !!
Got any lottery numbers there mate ??!!
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »
Having managed to secure a seat to every APAT live tournament this season, I have to say I"m looking forward to the publishing of the schedule for Season 4.

I have to echo the comments of Phil TC, each tournament is looked forward to even more than the last, and the last two have been unbeatable for atmosphere in my opinion.  I have also managed to encourage some mates to attend the last two and both have enjoyed them and had great experiences with everyone being so friendly as always.  Hopefully they will continue to be interested and support APAT next year.

The addition of a tournament on the Sunday will be ideal, especially when there is travel and hotels booked as the whole weekend experience will be extended.  It will also benefit the atmosphere as more people attend the Day 2 hopefully.

I have no issues with the online side of APAT, BSQ has always worked for me and when it hasn"t it has been due to broadband issues, not BSQ.

All in all I can"t wait for the schedule to be published to get me back on the APAT tour which can only go from strength to strength next year, 2009 has been awesome, I"m looking forward to 2010 being even better.

Many thanks to Des, Tighty, Leigh, Neil and Ian for all the hard work live and online in 2009.  You guys have made it what it is, AWESOME !!
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

Glorious

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2009, 18:40:33 PM »

Having managed to secure a seat to every APAT live tournament this season, I have to say I"m looking forward to the publishing of the schedule for Season 4.

I have to echo the comments of Phil TC, each tournament is looked forward to even more than the last, and the last two have been unbeatable for atmosphere in my opinion.  I have also managed to encourage some mates to attend the last two and both have enjoyed them and had great experiences with everyone being so friendly as always.  Hopefully they will continue to be interested and support APAT next year.

The addition of a tournament on the Sunday will be ideal, especially when there is travel and hotels booked as the whole weekend experience will be extended.  It will also benefit the atmosphere as more people attend the Day 2 hopefully.

I have no issues with the online side of APAT, BSQ has always worked for me and when it hasn"t it has been due to broadband issues, not BSQ.

All in all I can"t wait for the schedule to be published to get me back on the APAT tour which can only go from strength to strength next year, 2009 has been awesome, I"m looking forward to 2010 being even better.

Many thanks to Des, Tighty, Leigh, Neil and Ian for all the hard work live and online in 2009.  You guys have made it what it is, AWESOME !!

I"ve only played 2 live APAT events this year, but apart from that this post sums up my feelings also.

I"m really looking forward to next year. Thanks for all the hard work that you guys put in - it is much appreciated.

Neil.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2009, 19:14:00 PM »
Think national"s and online are pretty much nailed.

The national league thingy didn"t work for me cos I was with Notts and there wasn"t much participation. May be a vicious circle but because there weren"t many taking part I thought "What"s the point?" Wonder how this will work in season 4.....
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Hitsy

« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2009, 19:21:32 PM »
Finally got my bluesquare account sorted, was having problems due to a change of address.

When does the 2010 season start?