Author Topic: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion  (Read 216567 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: APAT Season Four - Pre Launch Discussion
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2010, 07:57:41 AM »
Looking forward to this announcement.  While bluesq software left some to be desired, there is no doubt that the added value in the GUKPT seats, made the APAT's even more appealing to many people!  Im sure APAT will do a great job in finding the right sponsor!

Good job Neil and congrats Mair - best of luck.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »
I too would like to thank BlueSquare for their support over the last 2 years. The added value they have provided to members has been great and sometime us players lose sight of that when moaning about software issues and the like. wp gg gl.

Thanks also to Neil. Glad that he"s still going to be playing the APAT events thus providing further added value  ;)

Congratulations Mary. I am sure your commitment to APAT will be a great help with the further developments during season 4 and beyond.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »
Really looking forward to the Season 4 announcement, thanks to BSQ, I for one really enjoyed the incentive of a GUKPT seat, and actually play most on BSQ.
Good luck to Mary, and a big thanks to Neil.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »
I love the way Des is drip feeding the S4 announcement!!  Appetite whetted.....

Good luck Mary, and Neil... thanks for all the fish.

Huge thanks to BSQ - the added valyooo has been tremendous.

jlane1980

• Silver Member
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
Hi all,
Well, I"m both excited and frustrated.  I have only joined APAT yesterday and after pouring through loads of posts, i feel that i have made totally the right decision in joining.
I look forward to the next season and am hoping top play as part of the Plymouth Team (Team Guzz!).
That"s the excitement  ::), now for the frustration  >:(!
I want NEED to get going!  I was just about to start downloading the Blue Square software last night when i checked the forum and found out that APAT will not be using BSQ this season.  So i await the announcement for which software i should download.
Just one thing though.  If only announcing parts of information (like not using Blue square and the possibility of a divisional system) is intentionally for building suspense, then well done!  It"s worked, I"m on the edge of my seat and glad i joined!

Thank you.

Jon
The all-in play works everytime but once.

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
I wait patiently for Season 4 announcements, and a new sponsor to boot. I hope the new partnership will prove as successful as Blue Sq over the last 2 years.

Big thanks and best wishes to Neil for his hard work, help and support, particularly during the League games.

Congrats to Mair on her new position, best of luck.  :)

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2010, 11:50:47 AM »
The word

is usually the way APAT builds suspense
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2010, 13:43:13 PM »

Just one thing though.  If only announcing parts of information (like not using Blue square and the possibility of a divisional system) is intentionally for building suspense, then well done!  It"s worked, I"m on the edge of my seat and glad i joined!

You"ll get used to it Jon.  It"s not always intentional to drip feed info, behind the scenes a lot of things have to get sorted before we can make announcements regarding season 4.

Although Des does take great pleasure in building up the suspense.  If it makes you feel any better, it"s a lot worse when you know what the plans are and you can"t tell anyone yet or talk about it.  ;)

We had a long conference call last night going through plans.  I can share some of it with you all though :-

Des:   Welcome to APAT Season 4.
The first rule of APAT Season 4 is: you do not talk about APAT Season 4.
The second rule of APAT Season 4 is: you DO NOT talk about APAT Season 4!
Third rule of APAT Season 4: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the event is over.

Mary:   What have I joined up to ?

Ian:   Don"t worry, Des always does this.  He gets bored after rule eight.

Des:   Fourth rule: only two guys to an event. Fifth rule: one event at a time, fellas.

Leigh:   Errr, Des.  We"ll have to adjust those two rules now Mary is onboard.

Des:   Sixth rule: the events are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons.

Ian:   Err, Des.  Maybe adjust that one too.  Then again..........

Des:   Seventh rule: events will go on as long as they have to (Remember Walsall ?). And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at an APAT Season Conference call, you have to do a Tikay impression for the group.

Leigh:   So Mary, what do you think ?   It was too much for Neil, but that"s in the past now.

Ian:   Mary, are you still there ?

Des:   Hmmmm, maybe it was too much too soooooooooooooon.   ;)

jlane1980

• Silver Member
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2010, 14:09:47 PM »
 ;D

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2010, 14:40:42 PM »
Thanks to Neil for all your hard work.Well done Mary for your promotion to Apat"s inner sanctum (just hope you dont get as secrative as the others ) ;D
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2010, 15:32:18 PM »
A big WELCOME to the APAT "Family" (Was that my Tony Soprano impression ?) to you Jon. You will soon find you make lots of new friends and improve your own game through these people........but just steer clear of the famous BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB  ;D
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2010, 15:35:22 PM »

I too would like to thank BlueSquare for their support over the last 2 years. The added value they have provided to members has been great and sometime us players lose sight of that when moaning about software issues and the like. wp gg gl.

Great sponsor, crap software. 

Thanks also to Neil. Glad that he"s still going to be playing the APAT events thus providing further added value  ;)

Great bloke, crap restaurant guide.

Congratulations Mary. I am sure your commitment to APAT will be a great help with the further developments during season 4 and beyond.

Great girl, crap at thread management.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

jlane1980

• Silver Member
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2010, 16:09:09 PM »

A big WELCOME to the APAT "Family" (Was that my Tony Soprano impression ?) to you Jon. You will shortly (ps - I"m a bit of a comedian, isn"t it!)  find you make lots of new friends and improve your own game through these people........but just steer clear of the famous BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB  ;D

Why does everyone keep saying this?  It pops up alot on the forum!  ???

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2010, 16:24:25 PM »

A big WELCOME to the APAT "Family" (Was that my Tony Soprano impression ?) to you Jon. You will shortly (ps - I"m a bit of a comedian, isn"t it!)  find you make lots of new friends and improve your own game through these people........but just steer clear of the famous BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB  ;D

Why does everyone keep saying this?  It pops up alot on the forum!  ???

Des being a comedian - his favourite word is s-o-o-n, so he just had a bit of script run every time someone used the word and it replaced it with.... soon  :D

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2010, 16:25:45 PM »

Don"t worry Jon, you"ll get used to the characters on this forum after a while  :D