Author Topic: Cash Game Hand  (Read 11877 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Cash Game Hand
« on: November 07, 2009, 14:21:56 PM »
10 handed Home Game

£1/2 no limit.

We are playing with optional Live Straddles.

I am effectively UTG with £1/2 blinds plus £4 small straddle and £8 big straddle in play.

I have £650 - AKs

I limp for £8.

We gain a further 4 limpers for £8 (including the small straddle)

Stacks are c£300, c£250, c£500, c£450.

Big Straddle who has £173 raises to £63.

What should I do?

L
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 14:45:20 PM by Honeybadg »

deanp27

• Platinum Member
Re: Cash Game Hand
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 15:55:09 PM »
jam it in his eye
Looking forward to making my first day 2

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 17:54:22 PM »
Raise to £25- £30 when you"re first to act,  now I repop to 200 calling a shove from anyone

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 19:25:26 PM »
I"d raise to £150, and would expect this would be enough to make the limpers behind you Fold. If you face a shove by any of the other limpers for anything above £340, and if £8 Straddler Calls ... hmmm tricky spot, but at least you"ll have paid the minimum to find out that you MIGHT not be a favourite in the hand.

Jamming in this spot seems a pretty loose way to be donking off anything from 125 to 250 Big Blinds IMO. A race for £175 is fine, for more than that ... I"d have to take everything I know about the players into serious consideration before making any decision on committing a BuyIn.

Is this a £1k+ per person type night?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 19:27:29 PM by lukybugur »

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 19:43:52 PM »
Been in the pub all day but let me get this right.

Big straddle after his straddle has £240 or so left (before he"s to act). With blinds being £1,£2 straddle £4 straddle £8 = £15

with me to act with AK I"d make it around £35 in an attempt to take blinds and straddles

you"ll probably find big  straddle may fight back or at least defend but with AK (and having almost triple his stack) and in position I"m happy to gamble if he shoves or call

Should he call it will be approx £75 pot so should you miss and he makes a move and you think your beat you can still get away from it

but I am very very drunk at the moment andwill reread this in the morning    

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 19:59:10 PM »
I think you should open raise here (unless you are limping because you think someone will definitely raise it up) to say £30. As played, I make it £180 with a view to getting it in here. In cash games AK is the nuts (isn"t it??). The only thing you are worried about is KK or AA, and given your holding this is unlikely. even if the have KK, you can still hit an A to win. Obv v AA you are toast but thats just a cooler...reload!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 21:52:18 PM »

I"d raise to £150, and would expect this would be enough to make the limpers behind you Fold. If you face a shove by any of the other limpers for anything above £340, and if £8 Straddler Calls ... hmmm tricky spot, but at least you"ll have paid the minimum to find out that you MIGHT not be a favourite in the hand.

Jamming in this spot seems a pretty loose way to be donking off anything from 125 to 250 Big Blinds IMO. A race for £175 is fine, for more than that ... I"d have to take everything I know about the players into serious consideration before making any decision on committing a BuyIn.

Is this a £1k+ per person type night?

The home game has acquired a strange set up ... start point is £100 pot limit £1/£2, but when you hit £50 you can re-buy to £200 ... unlimited re-buys.

Each night everyone puts £20 in for a jackpot which is paid for 4 of a kind or better - this rolls over - when paid has to go on the table!

Last night our dealer was only available from 7.30pm-Midnight ... so we changed to NL at that point.

Last time I looked at the stats average position was +/- £350

I think last night was a little steeper.

Big win in my time +£1,362 ... biggest defeat -£1,500 (even with a £600 jackpot win)

There has been talk of changing the buy-in to start deeper but the early £100 flips are quite fun!

Very friendly and fun game.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 21:58:09 PM »
In terms of the hand itself ... I liked the limp ... but agree I should have re-raised to isolate the Big Straddle.

Instead I elected to flat call the £63 ... everyone else folds.

Flop is Q86 ... two diamonds ... I have AK spades ...

Big Straddle all in for £110 ... do I call?

L

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 22:23:31 PM »
U shud never let ur self get in this spot!!  Raise pre, as played make it 180 and get them in as fast as poss!!  U cnt flat the 63, just jam 100% of the time thr.  
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 23:00:37 PM »

In terms of the hand itself ... I liked the limp ... but agree I should have re-raised to isolate the Big Straddle.

L

That"s a pretty easy fold

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 23:35:35 PM »

U shud never let ur self get in this spot!!  Raise pre, as played make it 180 and get them in as fast as poss!!  U cnt flat the 63, just jam 100% of the time thr. 

I am not sure about the raise pre flop ... for the following reasons.

a/ I don"t want to create a massive pot and end in a coin flip.
b/ I am happy to play a mutli way pot with hands like AKs - which may get paid well if it hits.

Does anyone change the way they play this if in the early stages of a deep stack tournament?

L

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 00:23:21 AM »

L

As played, easy fold and brush-it-off that you"ve only lost 10% of your stack.

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 00:35:44 AM »

b/ I am happy to play a mutli way pot with hands like AKs - which may get paid well if it hits.

Does anyone change the way they play this if in the early stages of a deep stack tournament?

L

You"re also gonna end up paying people off a lot when you hit TPTK and they hit their 2 pair or whatever.

Assuming stack sizes are similar proportions I play it pretty much the same in a tourney, I"m def happy to flip against a guy playing 20-25x

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 10:19:35 AM »

L

As played, easy fold and brush-it-off that you"ve only lost 10% of your stack.

Does this change at all if you are sure that the "big straddle" will push with any flop? (Well maybe not the one he hits hard).

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »

L

You"re also gonna end up paying people off a lot when you hit TPTK and they hit their 2 pair or whatever.

Assuming stack sizes are similar proportions I play it pretty much the same in a tourney, I"m def happy to flip against a guy playing 20-25x

Yes - the two pair scenario is sick - actually earlier in the night I won a big pot with A2s into A2x

Defo - I raise if in a later position - Defo raise without the straddles.

Cannot fold - but feels highly likely flipping for a large pot or winning £15 of blinds/straddles.

In a tournament I am happier with my play ... two pair argument aside ... I would not be keen to flip for 20-25 BB though.

I don"t like my £63 flat call ... though there is a bit of history of AA/KK limping wait for the late raise/steal.

Still pondering the route to keep this pot small ... looks impossible ...

L