Author Topic: live speech play and hand reading  (Read 2787 times)

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
live speech play and hand reading
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
tis a tough topic for a live fish like me but wld like some opinions on this. I had A2s, opponent shoves heads up. I say out loud if u got an ace ur beating me... What signs are u guys looking for to call/fold? I"ve left this vague on purpose.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:17:21 AM by TopPair2Pair »
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

deanp27

• Platinum Member
Re: live speech play and hand reading
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »
it doesn"t really matter, stack sizes do though. Live or online.

A2 doesn"t really have great equity here does it unless we are fairly short stacked.

unless you have history with the opponent i would take more notice of betting patterns etc than trying to get "live reads" - alot of the time they are over-rated.

Looking forward to making my first day 2

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »
there are things to be looking for but you have to see these "tells" on numerous occasions so you can take out that it is coincidence. You cant really rely on this on the one time you have spoke to him.

I think the bottom line is that even if he doesn"t have an ace you really are not that far ahead. If he has suited connectors for instance you really are not far off a coinflip

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
20K in play.. I was down to 2K at one point...got myself back up 5K.... and this hand happened. Speech play/reading isnt "any part" of my game but got me thinking....if that happens again what do i want... what do i not want to see.

(He was def shoving with A/K/Q/J x. Only scared of pairs and Ax in this sit, if he had sommin like 22-66 then gl to him...)

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
its not speech play that"s important, trying using pokerstove to work out your equity against his range of jamming hands.

still depends what the blinds are though. I take the flip if blinds are high probably

problem is that A2 is not huge against any hand and can be a big "dog. if he has 35s you aren"t streets ahead.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 20:58:34 PM »

problem is that A2 is not huge against any hand and can be a big "dog. if he has 35s you aren"t streets ahead.

Thanks Dean. Sheer Apat class. love it. (didn"t know this-yh i shld but i iz fish, 35s ftw).

And...

Queue more waffle from Tops whilst he pokerz....

The actual hand in general is effectively a nothing situation which tbh is why left things vague. but can only be gd to discuss it (wld b nice to rerail topic in future tho). 20K in play, holding 25%, 500/1000. Up to now, I am nugget nit that villain cant flush for the life of him.

its not speech play that"s important, trying using pokerstove to work out your equity against his range of jamming hands.

still depends what the blinds are though. I take the flip if blinds are high probably

Equitywise my instincts are okayish... a "few donkey" mistakes now and then but pretty relentless at this. Wasn"t sure how much extra equity no ace in his range gives me at the time.

Discounted 77+, maybe wrong to do so but my instincts were telling me he would complete here w 77+ to induce a shove so I happy see a flop with xx and outplay with a non shove which fries his brain on certain boards. Anyway after discounting 77+I went into autopilot does he have a better ace... I speak.. I never speak during poker... hence "I am allowed to speak during poker.. wtf should i be looking for now" thread.

Its a complete nothing situation but as a life nit I feel i should pursue some form of discussion.  Even tho the specific situation is... do I have 2 cards... i"m all in. (but coming back from being a nugget to win is pretty satisfying!)

Again 22-66... GL to him. Ranges below... feel free to pwn them.. if my ranges are spewy pls change... i havent deliberately tried to rigg to my point about Ax for a 4% edge to come off as a douche and kill thread.. I am consciously interested in opinions here. pls adjust ranges as u feel fit. Wld be gd to get (stronger then me=90% apat) players opinions.

Range 1 without AKQJx -77+.
50.039% 66-22,A2s+,K7s+,Q8s+,J8s+,T8s+,97s+,87s,A2o+,K7o+,Q8o+,J8o+,T9o
49.962% A2s

Range 2 with AKQJx -77+.
44.588% 66-22,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J2s+,T8s+,97s+,87s,A2o+,K2o+,Q2o+,J2o+,T9o
55.412% A2s

Range 1.1 without KQJx -77+, -Ax.
43.968% 66-22,K7s+,Q8s+,J8s+,T8s+,97s+,87s,K7o+,Q8o+,J8o+,T9o
56.032% A2s

Range 2.1 with KQJx -77+, Ax.
40.339% 66-22,K2s+,Q2s+,J2s+,T8s+,97s+,87s,K2o+,Q2o+,J2o+,T9o
59.661% A2s

Orig topic is pretty torrential so might just save it for a rainy day.... wasnt expecting a masterclass in it. Just some form off insight from those well experienced at speech play... gaining info.. etc. (lol just stacked someone 400BB with A2s.. lmfao)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 21:02:09 PM by TopPair2Pair »