Author Topic: Biggish early hand at Euro's - thoughts please?  (Read 37612 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Biggish early hand at Euro's - thoughts please?
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2009, 15:19:22 PM »
if the german had a draw and having seen the action would he rr the amount he did with KTo or 9To not likely imo KTdd is out the window as we have the Kd , 9Tdd is possible but most would flat given the action ahead and its hard to say with little info that he would play 9Tdd fast like this. So thats 1 combo from his entire range that i"d put in as drawing hand....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 15:21:38 PM by noble1 »

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2009, 15:27:10 PM »

if the german had a draw and having seen the action would he rr the amount he did with KTo or 9To not likely imo KTdd is out the window as we have the Kd , 9Tdd is possible but most would flat given the action ahead and its hard to say with little info that he would play 9Tdd fast like this. So thats 1 combo from his entire range that i"d put in as drawing hand....

7d8d 6d7d 8d10d 9d10d QQ JJ 77 AQ QJ and a small amount of air can b his 3-betting range depending on levels of aggression and how competant he views kinboshi and foggy (obv v competant but seems he has very basic views at this early stage). 

Assuming he never folds QQ JJ 77
Assuming he 100% always folds AQ
Assuming he folds QJ some of the time
Assuming he folds 7dXd draws most of the time but stacks off w/ 9d10d a reasonable amount of the time
Obv folds his small % of air hands all the time
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 15:50:30 PM by Marty719 »
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2009, 15:32:53 PM »
i don"t think the German would (should) 3bet/fold combos 7dxd or top 2(QJ) here but obv i may be wrong
Looking forward to making my first day 2

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2009, 15:43:40 PM »
i disagree with that range marty , we have no read or showdowns to go by to assume he has such a wide range, the default imo is to assume he is strong till proven otherwise, the bet pattern suggests it..
If boshi was to assume everyone super wide in all future 3betted flops then i for one would not be looking to bankroll him if in all mtt 1st levels he was 4bet shoving basically blind over them,he"d bleed me dry lol  :)
Why are some still advocating that he is 3betting super light here is beyond me with NO read , we need to move on and see if there are merits in calling or folding...

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2009, 15:46:40 PM »

i don"t think the German would (should) 3bet/fold combos 7dxd or top 2(QJ) here but obv i may be wrong

I dnt think he shud 3bet 7d-Xd either.  Dnt h8 3-betting QJ in villains spot, but def folding it to a 4-bet from a good player at this stage.  Just putting an example of a wider range an uber-aggro villain may 3-bet w/.

i disagree with that range marty , we have no read or showdowns to go by to assume he has such a wide range, the default imo is to assume he is strong till proven otherwise, the bet pattern suggests it..
If boshi was to assume everyone super wide in all future 3betted flops then i for one would not be looking to bankroll him if in all mtt 1st levels he was 4bet shoving basically blind over them,he"d bleed me dry lol  :)
Why are some still advocating that he is 3betting super light here is beyond me with NO read , we need to move on and see if there are merits in calling or folding...

Im just saying...the only information we have is that villain is a capable aggro opponent so I dnt think his entire range has to b QQ JJ 77 QJ.  " Got a player two to my right who is very aggressive (played in the German team), and he seems to be enjoying himself."

Y do u advocate flat calling this flop?  I really am curious about this as I cannot see anything good with it.

I dnt think folding is bad at all!!  I just think shoving is better, due to the fact that I still believe we have f/e.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 15:53:27 PM by Marty719 »

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2009, 15:50:40 PM »

I don"t assume everyone"s super-wide in all 3-bet flops.  So you want to stake me?

;)
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2009, 16:04:04 PM »
i"ll wait for result dan ty lmao  :o

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2009, 16:06:55 PM »

i"ll wait for result dan ty lmao  :o

Having said tht - lets get sum more posts out here b4 results so we can have sum gd unbiased discussion of:

shoving>folding>calling

or

calling>folding>shoving

^^Think they r the only 2 arguments so far, but we may get sum differing 1s yet.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2009, 16:39:07 PM »
i am surprised that none of the AK cliches have come out yet. It is only ace hi after all etc...
Looking forward to making my first day 2

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2009, 16:41:45 PM »

i am surprised that none of the AK cliches have come out yet. It is only ace hi after all etc...

It was just a-high, but I had a Royal Flush draw :o

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2009, 16:56:05 PM »
With all this "thinking" someone may have to put the clock on!
How long did the REAL decision take?
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2009, 16:57:09 PM »

With all this "thinking" someone may have to put the clock on!
How long did the REAL decision take?

Il set the line at 7.324seconds :)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2009, 17:24:09 PM »
Decision took about 2 minutes.

The reason we talk about these situations for hours on end is so that it"s easier to make a decision at the table in "real-time".

Also worth remembering, I had a Royal Flush draw.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2009, 17:26:23 PM »
Dan - did you, by any chance, have a draw for anything, like say perhaps maybe, a royal flush?

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2009, 17:31:56 PM »
Online 20 seconds ......... no wonder we sometimes get it wrong!

No-one can fold a ROYAL FLUSH draw (online!!).

Did YOU have a royal flush draw?? We need to know.
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.