Author Topic: moving all in in a satellite  (Read 2833 times)

shozboy1

• Silver Member
moving all in in a satellite
« on: December 24, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
Hi, here"s another issue I came across yesterday in the DTD 2020 satellite. I have 7ish BBs at 175/350 with antes of which I dont recall. 97 entrants, down to the last 30. Top 20 take down a seat for Sun"s 2020 game at DTD. The chap to my right has been running like god, entering pots selectively and getting it all in on the flop/turn/river with the way best fo it - sets/straights/flushes. He goes from about 5BBs to 50BBs in the space of 10-15 mins. He then quietens down alot as you might do when you"re pretty safe to pick up a seat. He folds his SB to me on one or 2 occasions. On one occasion he limps into my BB, I push and he folds.

I"m also not particularly out of line, not really seeing any hands aswell - tightish image, but have shown my willingness to stick the chips in.

He open raises from MP to 4x. First play for a while. I wake up with QQ and shove - knowing he"ll probably call given his biggish raise. All others fold. Before he calls, I don"t feel good about it given the way he"s been playing particularly since he quietened down after accumulating a big stack...

Is it ever right to fold, given that this is a satellite, where the prize structure goes from zero for 21st straight to top prize for 20th. In a tourney I fully understand that this is an insta call - just wonder about a satellite. For example, is this a fold with 22-23 players left? Not so sure...
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

shozboy1

• Silver Member
Re: moving all in in a satellite
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »
I went out of the live APAT main event at DTD on the bubble with QQ against AA, and know this is always the right play - bubble or no bubble. But as I say, not so sure about a satellite

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:34:31 PM »
Need more info RE the average stack and how quickly players have been dropping.  It could prob be solved pretty easily using ICM

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 14:08:41 PM »
Average stack i"m not sure of. Players seemed to drop on average by one every 5ish minutes. However, I"ve played one of these before and finished 23rd. Players dropped significantly more slowly from 30-20 - maybe one every 7-10 mins.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 15:17:21 PM »
In a regular tourney it"s insta shove but sats are different

Was this right on the bubble? If so I may be inclined to fold if I had a good comfortable stack to stay away from trouble. If there was still a few spaces to the bubble it"s the right move though

many a stategy book/magazine letters page etc and proffesionals say that folding AA when action is on them if there is an all in and call right on the bubble as the prize money is the same for 20th as 1st

I"m guessing he called with AK or AQ and the A hit  

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 23:14:50 PM »
No, this was with 30 left, so I finished 30th. Dont feel I had much option with 7ish BBs and waking up with 2 ladies

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 01:11:21 AM »
This is a shove all day given the info you"ve given but to give a precise answer need more info about blinds/stack sizes etc
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose