Author Topic:  (Read 2816 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
Views please.

£20 + 1 rebuy/add on. 5000 chips starting stack. 20 minute blinds. 174 runners. £2000 added by Gala.

Blinds are 1k/2k. I have c40k. Villan as slightly more. About 65 players left in with several sitting on short stacks. I have not long moved table so have limited information on this player. He hasn"t been very active.

Villan min raised in mid position. I have   ac 4c  in late position and flat call.

Flop     ah 8h :2d:

He checks, I bet 7k. He thinks for over a minute and calls.

Turn   :3d:

He checks again. I shove the rest (about 30k)

General comments welcome but particularly -  what range would you put him on post flop?

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
ooo nasty hand to call with at this stack size imho with little info to go by.I"m guessing there are antes Stu so for me i"d mostly fold here and if i"m feeling jiggy push the whole lot in pre and put the bra on my head.
As played - Forgive if this comes out in ramble ,he checks and if you bet here, the best case scenario is that villain will correctly fold their draw and you win obv , villain may/could make a mistake and call a draw or call a pair KK QQ JJ TT 99 etc or have a better ace so a turn push can fold out a lot of worse hands but obv u get called by better mostly here [if he calls].
When you describe his actions on the flop i cant help but think his act of weak means strong,you"d have a better feel for it with it being live..So i"d probably check the turn here,we give up some value by giving his possible flush draw a free look at the river but if no heart comes we get to see his action on the river..If no heart [or even if a heart comes] and he checks again i"d check also and get to showdown , if he fires out on the river no matter what comes i"ll spew up and fold everytime unless its a 5 ..

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:29:08 PM »
hate the call preflop with A4. You say you have no info on the player - so you could be calling here with a dominated hand, and with only 20 big blinds, you don"t really have room to make the speculative call.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 13:18:51 PM »

hate the call preflop with A4. You say you have no info on the player - so you could be calling here with a dominated hand, and with only 20 big blinds, you don"t really have room to make the speculative call.

This. Having played it, would have checked the turn. Probs up against mid to good pair, or a better, but not great Ace.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 13:38:21 PM »
unusually, there were no antes.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 13:45:09 PM »
I"d fold from late position here. Only call with this hand if I was in the bb due to sheer pot odds. No clubs or ace on the flop then I"m gone. Or trip 4 obviously I"m playing.

As played I"d probably check it down or spewy call a less than pot sized value bet on river

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 13:46:57 PM »
On hindsight I agree folding pre was the best play. I did sense weakness after the flop and thought he was on a draw or didn"t like the Ace as he had 1010 or JJ etc.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 13:48:28 PM »
Full Range : Any Ace, 22, 88, AA

As with others I would fold the A4 pre ... or look to check it down.

Specific Range - given the absurd nature of poker ... A2,A3 or A5 ... with a 4 coming on the river ...

L