Author Topic: final table short stacked folded 66 views please.  (Read 12579 times)

maverick1

Re: final table short stacked folded 66 views please.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 22:17:46 PM »
sorry about lack of info.
rough figures from memory there was about 3 big stacks ranging from 15k-22kish, 3 medium stacks 7k-12kish and 3 shorts stacks, blinds were 400/800. 6 minute levels. mid-late table position. 

table order was to my left, big stack, medium, big, big, medium, short, medium, short.

the pay out structure was $24 buy in and the top 6 got paid not 8 so no i wasnt on the bubble my mistake.

1st place got $450 through to last place got $56.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 22:23:05 PM »

sorry about lack of info.
rough figures from memory there was about 3 big stacks ranging from 15k-22kish, 3 medium stacks 7k-12kish and 3 shorts stacks, blinds were 400/800. 6 minute levels. mid-late table position. 

table order was to my left, big stack, medium, big, big, medium, short, medium, short.

the pay out structure was $24 buy in and the top 6 got paid not 8 so no i wasnt on the bubble my mistake.

1st place got $450 through to last place got $56.

easy shove then
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 22:55:59 PM »
if its just a ballpark range you are looking for , with 4bb and antes with 5 players to your left to act then my 1st in shove range would be 22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q3s+,J5s+,T6s+,95s+,85s+,74s+,64s+,53s+,A2o+,K5o+,Q9o+,J8o+,T8o+,98o,87o,76o
all of these are +cEV if we think that we"ll be called 80% of the time .. you could widen more if u add break even hands which would be ATC suited [so add these - J3s-J2s,T3s-T2s,93s-92s,83s-82s,73s-72s,62s,52s,42s,32s]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 22:57:35 PM by noble1 »

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »
definitely open shove, but with lots of action before me - especially if another player is all in, I fold.
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 13:25:13 PM »
v easy shove here please.

also dont play $24 games until you are 100% confident of these situations, go play $5ish levels and learn this stuff

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 14:45:05 PM »
I think a good guide for bankroll courtesy of SNG pros is something like 5% of your bankroll max on any one SNG. At buyins of $24 you are likely to be running into very decent players who play for a living - probably not the best competition for new starters

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 15:06:30 PM »

I think a good guide for bankroll courtesy of SNG pros is something like 5% of your bankroll max on any one SNG. At buyins of $24 you are likely to be running into very decent players who play for a living - probably not the best competition for new starters

Need over 20b/i"s for 45mans imo - but yes...start lower.  Also.....shoving is fairly straight forward imo.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 15:10:15 PM by Marty719 »
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 16:13:05 PM »
Yeah actually for MTT SNGs 2% of your roll on any one game is a guide I"ve heard bandied about

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 17:23:30 PM »
99.9% of people are shoving here! And don"t believe "em if they tell you otherwise  ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

maverick1

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 18:30:50 PM »
it looks like the general census says i should have shoved lol.

maybe i should read my gus hanson book again to loosen me up a tad!

is there such a thing as a intuitive fold in this position? ignoring the math to go with your gut?

to be fair i was an average stack playing really well untill i got majorly sucked out when i had AK suited against a 64 off. i didnt feel out of my depth though.
i like to practice in the higher buy in games for the reason the players are much better which should improve my game quicker, i always find the lower buy ins are full of gamblers and not poker players making it hard to learn anything.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 20:00:11 PM »
at the lower buy ins u learn the basic fundamentals better , just watch all the mistakes ;D and do the opposite.
If u get sucked out on u have to keep a clear head and still make the correct decisions , keeping a control of how u feel/emotions is key to poker imho..

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »

also dont play $24 games until you are 100% confident of these situations, go play $5ish levels and learn this stuff

I can see Ross"s point here but at the end of the day play within your bankroll. If you have a roll of $1500 ish then this level is fine.

You dont neccessarily learn by playing at lower level....you just lose less
Rob, you are a genius.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »

Have to 100% disagree with that.  These games (but a million times more so the turbo versions) are basically just ICM games where everyone will reach the push/fold stage very quickly so you are basically playing 100% mathematical game, playing "poker" as some would like to play has no place here. 

Playing at lower levels you will see and be able to take advantage of more mistakes and be more rewarded (over time and volume) for improving your shoving/calling ranges and you defo dont want to be playing better players in these games who can play 100% correctly and unexploitably imo.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »

Have to 100% disagree with that.  These games (but a million times more so the turbo versions) are basically just ICM games where everyone will reach the push/fold stage very quickly so you are basically playing 100% mathematical game, playing "poker" as some would like to play has no place here. 

Playing at lower levels you will see and be able to take advantage of more mistakes and be more rewarded (over time and volume) for improving your shoving/calling ranges and you defo dont want to be playing better players in these games who can play 100% correctly and unexploitably imo.

good point again, but a lot of poor players play at the $24 level (albeit less) as well. But you are right that people should learn the maths if they want to be profitable. By losing at this level and posting HHs then OP will improve that way also
Rob, you are a genius.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

good point again, but a lot of poor players play at the $24 level (albeit less) as well. But you are right that people should learn the maths if they want to be profitable. By losing at this level and posting HHs then OP will improve that way also

True enough albeit much more expensive lessons.  I just find it baffling when people play up the levels to avoid the gamblers and play "proper" poker as in these games thats where your profits are defo coming from.

call it a draw? :)