Author Topic: Full Tilt Cash Tables  (Read 14844 times)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
Re: Full Tilt Cash Tables
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 10:58:01 AM »

Hey guys, listen to this.

Small stakes NLH cash game on fulltilt...on a board of AAAAx. so a king is the nuts ok. both guys have a king in hole cards, and they both check the river......lllllloooooooooooooooollllllll..

I have never seen 2 players check the nuts on the river before. Goes to show the ammount of players who dont know what they are doing. I nearly fell out of my chair when both cards were revealed.

I saw something similar in a headsup match on youtube. Chad Brown looked bemused when his opponent thought that when the board produced quads they automatically split the pot. He went to great pains to point out that his A hole card meant that he had the nuts. It then dawned on him that he had checked the nuts behind her on the river. What a pair of plonkers! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ImyrnzVMU
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:03:35 AM by coprey »

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 11:59:16 AM »
Checking the nuts on the river if you"re last to act is actually very bad, often considered cheating.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Mayfair

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 22:58:39 PM »

Checking the your nuts on the river if you"re last to act is actually very bad, often considered cheating.

fyp

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 23:49:33 PM »
 In the WSOP main event 2009, i heard a story somewhere that there was a woman who checked the nuts in position on the river, She had a straight on a non paired, non flush board and she checked behind not knowing that she had a straight. I think the dealer called the floor manager over and she was given a 10 min sitout penalty for soft play.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 08:07:37 AM »
Juha Helppi did it in the Poker Million. His reasoning was that he knew the other guy (forget who it was) would fold if he bet, and he wanted to see the other guy"s cards. Therefore, soft play, or a reasonable move to try and improve his edge?

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 21:21:29 PM »
Playing FT cash 05/10nl 10 players on 2 tables.

My buy in was $10 on each table.

Played 501 hands, and made just over $8

This seemed to be little for the length of time, and amount of hands...

Question - is this a good session (winning one yes, so good in that way)  or is this grinding beyond grinding!

table amount went from around $4 upto $13 on 2 table, and the other didn"t really fluc beyond $8-14

i mean it is a 40% increase for the session. and if i reapted this for the rest of the week, weekly total would be $150.58 profit
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Class

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 21:47:18 PM »

Question - is this a good session (winning one yes, so good in that way)  or is this grinding beyond grinding!

table amount went from around $4 upto $13 on 2 table, and the other didn"t really fluc beyond $8-14

i mean it is a 40% increase for the session. and if i reapted this for the rest of the week, weekly total would be $150.58 profit

Don"t worry about other peoples opinions, if you are happy with the result then that"s all that matters.  ;D

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 00:18:59 AM »
i played a few sessions recently in janruary on fulltilt totaling 6.3k hands at 10-25c......was a real swingy few days and i broke exactly evan.

i was up a few hundred, then back down then up and back down....but paid $115 in rake. pretty annoying, i just never put a consistent run together untill the start of Feb. as long as you get your money in good often and play well, the variance will find you the middle ground and sort it-self out.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »

Something to consider is increasing the number of tables. At this limit in particular, you only really need to play ABC poker - the meta game just doesn"t exist here - and can therefore bump up the tables to 4, 6 or even 8+. OK your ROI might slip from the 40% you just achieved.... but 25% across 8 buy-ins is more than 40% across two buy-ins, and therefore a significantly higher earnings per hour. 

There"s a really good article on this in the current PokerPlayer, and although it was written specific to STTs, the mechanics also apply to low limit cash.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »

Something to consider is increasing the number of tables. At this limit in particular, you only really need to play ABC poker - the meta game just doesn"t exist here - and can therefore bump up the tables to 4, 6 or even 8+. OK your ROI might slip from the 40% you just achieved.... but 25% across 8 buy-ins is more than 40% across two buy-ins, and therefore a significantly higher earnings per hour. 

There"s a really good article on this in the current PokerPlayer, and although it was written specific to STTs, the mechanics also apply to low limit cash.

simple logic being volume of table, meaning more cash....good point, but I would lose the ability (wot little I have) in seeing patterns, and players who are that little bit worse than me....so not sure I"d be any good at multi-ing more than the 2 i do.

I"ll re-read the STT strag - ty.  always good to learn from better players, so cheers for comments...

Don"t worry about other peoples opinions, if you are happy with the result then that"s all that matters.  ;D

true,, and I"m not, its more the case of learning from better players opinions...Which is the very reason I joined APAT.
Carpe Diem

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
If u r worried missing out on info by multi-tabling, then just get some tracking software and set up your hud to tell u everything u need.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »

simple logic being volume of table, meaning more cash....good point, but I would lose the ability (wot little I have) in seeing patterns, and players who are that little bit worse than me....so not sure I"d be any good at multi-ing more than the 2 i do.

My point though Waz, is that at .05/.10 you don"t really need to worry about the meta-game stuff. you can play robotic poker just playing the value of your cards, and you will make money. At this level, people generally don"t fold, so whilst spotting patterns in play is good, it"s not always going to help - you might spot weakness in someone, but unless you have good cards, you will rarely win the hand - they just don"t fold, no matter what you do.  by multi-tabling you can just play really nitty poker and get paid off when you have a hand - playing 6 or 8 tables helps to alleviate the boredom, and increases your earning potential.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »

My point though Waz, is that at .05/.10 you don"t really need to worry about the meta-game stuff. you can play robotic poker just playing the value of your cards, and you will make money. At this level, people generally don"t fold, so whilst spotting patterns in play is good, it"s not always going to help - you might spot weakness in someone, but unless you have good cards, you will rarely win the hand - they just don"t fold, no matter what you do.  by multi-tabling you can just play really nitty poker and get paid off when you have a hand - playing 6 or 8 tables helps to alleviate the boredom, and increases your earning potential.

will try 4 tonite....B/roll will not enable me to play 6 or 8!....post on here tonite what + / - I acheived.

I"m sure you"ll wait with baited breathe!
Carpe Diem

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 13:04:58 PM »
 A lot of online players say that the bankroll does not need to be as high when playing multitables, because variance is reduced. This is all well and good if playing 4 tables does not affect you A game, there is a big difference between 2 tables and 4 imo. It took me a while to feel comfortable playing 4 tables and at first i actually timed out by mistake when i had flopped a set on 1 table, and i can remember folding the nuts by mistake on another table. I  know if i were to play anymore tables than 4 at this minute i would be outside my comfort zone.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 14:25:56 PM »

will try 4 tonite....B/roll will not enable me to play 6 or 8!....post on here tonite what + / - I acheived.

I"m sure you"ll wait with baited breathe!

my 2 cents..

Sounds like you dont use tracking software, this is a must if you"re going to play cash games. Holdem manager is the dogs... >>     http://www.holdemmanager.com/. Its not overly difficult to set up, but if you do decide to use it and have any problems, drop a pm and I"ll gladly help you through some basics.

You should increase the tables you play gradually, one at a time is safest, jumping from two tabling to six tabling is a big ask.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."