Author Topic: Full Tilt Cash Tables  (Read 14818 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Full Tilt Cash Tables
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 17:10:35 PM »

will try 4 tonite....B/roll will not enable me to play 6 or 8!....post on here tonite what + / - I acheived.

I"m sure you"ll wait with baited breathe!

my 2 cents..

Sounds like you dont use tracking software, this is a must if you"re going to play cash games. Holdem manager is the dogs... >>     http://www.holdemmanager.com/. Its not overly difficult to set up, but if you do decide to use it and have any problems, drop a pm and I"ll gladly help you through some basics.

You should increase the tables you play gradually, one at a time is safest, jumping from two tabling to six tabling is a big ask.

I may just take you up on that!...I indeed have never used tracking software, always avoided it tbh.  Classic reason was during a cash session...I called a river bet...i was told " did you not see my stats"..that was a fish call"..(words to that effect)...meaning if i had tracking software I"d have "noticed" he only ever rivers bets with the nuts .etc, etc.  so would this mean i became stats heavy and lose feel for it..etc

Really don"t know..but I guess worth a go.

I get the impression most use it.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 17:44:13 PM »

will try 4 tonite....B/roll will not enable me to play 6 or 8!....post on here tonite what + / - I acheived.

my 2 cents..

Sounds like you dont use tracking software, this is a must if you"re going to play cash games. Holdem manager is the dogs... >>     http://www.holdemmanager.com/. Its not overly difficult to set up, but if you do decide to use it and have any problems, drop a pm and I"ll gladly help you through some basics.

You should increase the tables you play gradually, one at a time is safest, jumping from two tabling to six tabling is a big ask.

I may just take you up on that!...I indeed have never used tracking software, always avoided it tbh.  Classic reason was during a cash session...I called a river bet...i was told " did you not see my stats"..that was a fish call"..(words to that effect)...meaning if i had tracking software I"d have "noticed" he only ever rivers bets with the nuts .etc, etc.  so would this mean i became stats heavy and lose feel for it..etc

Just remember that many of your opponents will be using it against you, and will therefore have an edge that you are not accessing. You might want to keep the "feel for it", or "keep it real", but you are just putting yourself at a disadvantage against all those players using software.  By actively refusing to use it, you are simply cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The software doesn"t play poker for you - it doesn"t even make decisions for you. All it does is help you to assimiliate and co-ordinate all the data that your eyes are seeing but that your brain couldn"t possibly gather, store, and recall, in the fast paced online game.

You can try PokerTracker3 free for your first 1000 hands. I challenge you to download it and use it for the free period, and then not go buy it - once you"ve tried it, you will never lookback, and the $90 you will spend on it will be the best $90 you spent, and will be recouped with ease.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 17:47:17 PM »
at the minute, its free for 60 days. may aswell give it a go.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 20:28:26 PM »

my 2 cents..

Just remember that many of your opponents will be using it against you, and will therefore have an edge that you are not accessing. You might want to keep the "feel for it", or "keep it real", but you are just putting yourself at a disadvantage against all those players using software.  By actively refusing to use it, you are simply cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The software doesn"t play poker for you - it doesn"t even make decisions for you. All it does is help you to assimiliate and co-ordinate all the data that your eyes are seeing but that your brain couldn"t possibly gather, store, and recall, in the fast paced online game.

You can try PokerTracker3 free for your first 1000 hands. I challenge you to download it and use it for the free period, and then not go buy it - once you"ve tried it, you will never lookback, and the $90 you will spend on it will be the best $90 you spent, and will be recouped with ease.

ok, you"ve convinced me..If I"m ot take all this seriously, as I wished to do this year, then  - challenge accepted. 

Will update on here once it is downloaded and update on the 1st 1000 hands  / 60days.
Carpe Diem

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 21:27:12 PM »
Loaded it once - it told me I was shiite - unloaded it agin - tell me something I dont know  ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 23:47:46 PM »

my 2 cents..

ok, you"ve convinced me..If I"m ot take all this seriously, as I wished to do this year, then  - challenge accepted. 

Will update on here once it is downloaded and update on the 1st 1000 hands  / 60days.

done...played for 1st time last night...wow lots of information....lost $20!!...but will take a while i guess to learn....

on that note....any hints tips etc, to get the best out of my 60 days?

What am I looking for...or what stats (me and villain) should I be concentrating on?
Carpe Diem

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 12:03:57 PM »
There are gazillions of stats you can report or filter on - and if you try to use them all in one go, you won"t take any benefit.

Personally, my HUD just contains VP$IP, PFR, AF, C-Bet.  Occasionally, if I"m single tabling at higher level than I should be playing, I might amend the HUD to include things like preflop 3B and fold to 3B.  By clicking the HUD, you drop down a few more focussed stats per player that give you a snapshot insight - useful for spotting things like their steal ratio, or the %age of time they fold to bets/raises on each street.

Thing is, whoever you ask, you"ll get a different answer as to which stats are most useful during play.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 13:00:55 PM »
VP$IP, PFR, 3-bet, winrate

c/bet, ftc/bet, ft3/b, AF
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 13:28:36 PM »

VP$IP, PFR, 3-bet, winrate

c/bet, ftc/bet, ft3/b, AF

Marty, do you use flop and turn cbet stats. These two combined, point to who you can profitably float, an extreme but not uncommon tendancy is cbet flop 100% cbet turn 0%. You can profitably play pots ip with almost atc, he is going to give up on the turn lots ie: tell you he missed!
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 13:49:32 PM »
Yea agree its pretty key and a really good tool.  Do u use HEM or PT3?

As for Waz - for starters just focus on VPIP and PFR to help u categorize villains.  Also helps decide who to isolate and what range u should be playing against each.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 15:56:43 PM »

Yea agree its pretty key and a really good tool.  Do u use HEM or PT3?

As for Waz - for starters just focus on VPIP and PFR to help u categorize villains.  Also helps decide who to isolate and what range u should be playing against each.

I use HM, its the dogs. Previously used PT pre PT3.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 17:55:31 PM »
Now i know how you play brendan. tricky indeed. All i have to do vs you is fire 2 bullets now.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 19:32:17 PM »

There are gazillions of stats you can report or filter on - and if you try to use them all in one go, you won"t take any benefit.

Personally, my HUD just contains VP$IP, PFR, AF, C-Bet.  Occasionally, if I"m single tabling at higher level than I should be playing, I might amend the HUD to include things like preflop 3B and fold to 3B.  By clicking the HUD, you drop down a few more focussed stats per player that give you a snapshot insight - useful for spotting things like their steal ratio, or the %age of time they fold to bets/raises on each street.

Thing is, whoever you ask, you"ll get a different answer as to which stats are most useful during play.

talking to an amateur!!..wot is AF?  

for the vp$ip, pfr and c-bets...higher the % the more of a wider range they are most likely playing..so i play opp?!! and the higher % of c-bets, is a place to re-raise (if board friendly) ...unless they also have stats showing 0% fold to re-raise type of stat.

I saw the snapshot insight, and it was a maze of stats. all very useful indeed..if I know wot i should be noticing.  will look at steal and % fold to bets/raises  for starters.

feel free to tell me to uninstall it!!....if u think im not ready for it!!.. :-\    :-[
Carpe Diem

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 20:43:25 PM »

Now i know how you play brendan. tricky indeed. All i have to do vs you is fire 2 bullets now.

Maybe Double barrelling will lose you more $$$ Will  ;D

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 20:50:49 PM »

talking to an amateur!!..wot is AF?  

for the vp$ip, pfr and c-bets...higher the % the more of a wider range they are most likely playing..so i play opp?!! and the higher % of c-bets, is a place to re-raise (if board friendly) ...unless they also have stats showing 0% fold to re-raise type of stat.

I saw the snapshot insight, and it was a maze of stats. all very useful indeed..if I know wot i should be noticing.  will look at steal and % fold to bets/raises  for starters.

feel free to tell me to uninstall it!!....if u think im not ready for it!!.. :-\    :-[

Af is aggression factor derived from passive action (check/call)/ aggro action ( bet/raise )

2.5 - 3.5 is good, above and below are too passive or too aggro respectively.

Stick at it you"ll soon be fluent.