Author Topic: Latter Stages again!!  (Read 12091 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Latter Stages again!!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »

why the hell are we even thinking about this?  It"s about as straight forward a shove as I have ever seen!

Can you give some explanation with this?

Views seem to be split between push and fold and I don"t think it"s a straightforward decision.

Well, we"re miles ahead of both their ranges, we"ve got about 9bb and we need to get to the top few places to make it worth our while.  Makes it a pretty simple decision to me.

maybe ahead of one of them but not miles ahead of both. More likely to be a coinflip.

Which range do you not think we"re ahead off?

We"ve got the CL who is bullying and raising 60% of hands, and then a shortstack with about 6x who is shoving over the top of a person raising 60% of hands.

I"m pretty sure we"re going to be in great shape a huge amount of the time here.

Have a look at my example above where we are 42%. Many hands in their range have a similar scenario.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
Sweet - 42% with all tht $$ in the middle!!  Time to try and get a stack and shoot for a top 3 finish.

I think we can b in pretty decent shape a good bit of the time against their perceived ranges.  Just an ul sit to run into the top of both their ranges.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »

Sweet - 42% with all tht $$ in the middle!!  Time to try and get a stack and shoot for a top 3 finish.

I think we can b in pretty decent shape a good bit of the time against their perceived ranges.  Just an ul sit to run into the top of both their ranges.

I agree - pretty decent shape. Which is why I think it"s all about attitude to winning/laddering etc. The statement I was disagreeing with was "miles ahead of both".

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 10:00:45 AM »
Cnt get on pokerstove in work :(

do we figure btns range is a 22-AA, A2+, KJo+, K10s+, QJo+, Q10s+ type range?

UTG"s range with the given reads is substancially wider than this?

I think we r miles ahead of their individual ranges, but the fact that we r very rarely getting rid of c/l obv negatively affects the numbers.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »

why the hell are we even thinking about this?  It"s about as straight forward a shove as I have ever seen!

Can you give some explanation with this?

Views seem to be split between push and fold and I don"t think it"s a straightforward decision.

Well, we"re miles ahead of both their ranges, we"ve got about 9bb and we need to get to the top few places to make it worth our while.  Makes it a pretty simple decision to me.

maybe ahead of one of them but not miles ahead of both. More likely to be a coinflip.

Which range do you not think we"re ahead off?

We"ve got the CL who is bullying and raising 60% of hands, and then a shortstack with about 6x who is shoving over the top of a person raising 60% of hands.

I"m pretty sure we"re going to be in great shape a huge amount of the time here.

Have a look at my example above where we are 42%. Many hands in their range have a similar scenario.

42% counts as miles ahead whenever we"re getting such a sick price!

Also worth noting that there will an ~8k sidepot which we should have 60 - 65% equity in.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 13:02:45 PM by JamieCarra »