Author Topic: Omaha Cash Hand  (Read 6325 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Omaha Cash Hand
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 12:51:44 PM »
I think its kinda hard to fold it when hes defined his hand as Aces (im guessing players at higher stakes dont play aces quite as obv as micros?), i guess its still possible he has really strong aces and then were in bad shape but against most combinations of aces were basically flipping pre. I think a call is better than a shove because we are never ever getting a fold once hes made that reraise.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 01:38:06 AM »

reraised to mix things up,

just finished listening to a strategy podast from Daniel negreanu (all strategy) and he says this us a imminent mistake made. in his opinion, Mixing things up isn"t about 3 betting with air. It"s about mixing up your bets I other ways. Eg instead of a 1/3 pot value bet you put in a pit sized bet. Instead of 3 betting pocket pairs oop, you just make the call. Instead of your standard raise being 2.5x, you make it 4.5x!

He explains thar mixing it up isn"t mixing the cards you play, it"s how you play them!

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 14:45:02 PM »
but this isnt air, its a hand that plays pretty well post flop and if u look it up against crappy aces is flipping with them and even against good aces will do pretty well. If im unlucky enough to have my flush draws covered then nh sir. No disrespect to mr Negreanu but not sure hes too renound for his omaha cash game. A lot of the time i will get to play the hand in position against one player, in this case obv it didnt turn out that way and then i have to make another decision after i get repopped

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 20:43:42 PM »

but this isnt air, its a hand that plays pretty well post flop and if u look it up against crappy aces is flipping with them and even against good aces will do pretty well. If im unlucky enough to have my flush draws covered then nh sir. No disrespect to mr Negreanu but not sure hes too renound for his omaha cash game. A lot of the time i will get to play the hand in position against one player, in this case obv it didnt turn out that way and then i have to make another decision after i get repopped

The words dig and hole come to mind......

Peter Crouch may not be renowned for his free kicks but as a professional im thinking hes probably ahead of me, the amateur!

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 21:40:44 PM »
im pretty sure daniel is renowned in all forms of poker- and especially limit and pot limit games - cash or otherwise

when he sits at bobbys room were NLHE is rarely played or on Stars playing 200/400 8 game mix proves that

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 00:25:43 AM »
I meant in comparrison to Brian Hastings not to me...