Author Topic: cash game hand  (Read 7741 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: cash game hand
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 20:19:28 PM »

nobody else hate the call before the flop??!! surely you have to raise here. if not before the flop then on the flop, you just havent defined your hand at any point.

Hey Mark, how far would you go with 99 preflop?   4bet, 5bet.... or perhaps a 6bet, then fold??  Will never forget that one!   ;D

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 00:19:30 AM »
Preflop call is fine, without reads 3 betting would be insane and essentially a 3 bet bluff, do this with 72o don"t waste 99.

Check call flop is ok too, but you must do so with a plan as to what will happen later in the hand.

Don"t play big pots with weak hands read dependant obviously. If, as happened to be the case, villain is known to be aggro and liable to triple barrell bluff, its just wrong to raise at any point, you will either, deter him from putting monies in bad when our hand is good, or inflate the pot when our hand is not good. Playing these types is high variance and sometimes you"ll call down light and lose. Folding less is how we profit against this type.

As played and unsure as to villains tendancies, guess calling the turn and river is a losing play imho.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 15:23:05 PM »

nobody else hate the call before the flop??!! surely you have to raise here. if not before the flop then on the flop, you just havent defined your hand at any point.

Defined your hand to who?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 19:35:34 PM »

Also saying things like "if you call the turn you have to call river" is just plain wrong. This is pokers and a 4 street game. Saying the 7 changed nothing so you have to call river is incorrect. If villian has Aces he could just as easily play the hand the same way. You should call turn and probs call river however if you feel that your opponent isn"t capable of bluffing here then a fold is fine.

George, my point here is that if you think 99 is likely to be ahead when you call the bet on the turn, the 7 on the river is unlikely to have improved the other guy"s hand, therefore it would be subsequently incorrect to fold 99 to a river bet.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 21:51:10 PM »
The way the hand was played, it would be a mistake to fold river once he has check called the turn (in a cash game anyway). The river was a brick and laying it down is now a mistake IMO. people do, and will fire 3 bullets with AK and pos, so your hand is a decant bluff catcher. Somtimes you will be paying off AA however.

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »

Hey Mark, how far would you go with 99 preflop?   4bet, 5bet.... or perhaps a 6bet, then fold??  Will never forget that one!   ;D

what can i say i plain don"t trust you! ;D

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »

Defined your hand to who?

To yourself..... it just seems to me that throughout the hand it is all guesswork, you have no idea where you are in the hand.

Then again im not the best cash player! ;D

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 13:20:02 PM »
 Unless you have either the big pairs or stone cold nothing, you are never really 100% sure where you are at in most poker hands, i would never suggest anyone to reraise pre flop with 99s or the like (even oop), to just find out where you are at in a hand, you will get worse hands to fold sure ,but better hands to shove on you, and also the fact that you may be getting semi bluffed by AK/AQ a large % of time with stacks of only 100 BBS you are going to be flipping but at the same time giving them the maximum chance to see all 5 cards.
Some conditions it is sutiable for, for example if calling a raise would be putting 25% of you stack on the line then he should shove etc. But in this situation, i think a call pre flop is fine IMO. I dont really like to play a big pot in a margional situation.