Author Topic: Season 4 Announcement  (Read 148362 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Season 4 Announcement
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2010, 22:56:13 PM »

Does the online league still have a live final now that you can declare a premier division champion? Are there prizes for both?

There is no "live" or "grand" final now, with league positions deciding champions and promotion and relegation.

We have potential to add other competitions into the league structure, but not for this season.  I think there"s enough going on at the moment.   ;D

room for a Cup competiton?
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2010, 22:57:33 PM »

Does the online league still have a live final now that you can declare a premier division champion? Are there prizes for both?

There is no "live" or "grand" final now, with league positions deciding champions and promotion and relegation.

We have potential to add other competitions into the league structure, but not for this season.  I think there"s enough going on at the moment.   ;D

room for a Cup competiton?

You woudl hope so.   ;D

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2010, 23:07:20 PM »

What"s the online team championship?

Ahhhh, work in progress for me.

Not wishing to sound like Des, but I will have to leave you to speculate, as an announcement will be coming soon.   ;)

I humbly request to not have another forum team championship, as a lot of APATers are excluded from these.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2010, 06:52:18 AM »
I have a question regarding the Speciality Series being held on the Sundays which, as far as I can see, has not yet been answered.

The message I seem to have received is that these added comps were, primarily, intended for APATers who had busted out of the main Saturday comp as a sort of "added bonus", especially for those who have travelled long distances and incurred additional expenses such as hotel rooms,

So, my question is, do the APATers in the main comp have priority/first offering over locals?

Understand, I have no problem with locals/railers making up the numbers but if my above understanding is correct then surely* there needs to be some "pre-registration" procedure in place.

Of course, this may be in hand, but I haven"t seen it in B&W yet.

* Don"t call me Shirley. :)
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2010, 08:31:52 AM »
I don"t know

but

I would hope for some kind of pre registration like at the tournament which was held as a side event at the Europeans last year.

Something like - people who have preregistered can register for the Sunday tournament from when the venue opens on Sunday. Then anyone can register from half an hour beforehand - and obviously with alternates being allowed, albeit not so many might get in with the limit events.

That gives a priority for all APAT members first rather than those playing - but I think it would be a reasonable way to do it.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

sambafreak

« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2010, 09:50:18 AM »
Great work on the new format! Is there a google calendar like last season? Makes planning everything a million times easier.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »

Great work on the new format! Is there a google calendar like last season? Makes planning everything a million times easier.

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=5174.0

sambafreak

« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
Thanks dude

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »

What"s the online team championship?

Ahhhh, work in progress for me.

Not wishing to sound like Des, but I will have to leave you to speculate, as an announcement will be coming soon.   ;)

I humbly request to not have another forum team championship, as a lot of APATers are excluded from these.

+1
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »

A lot of APATers are "excluded" from other live events by not being able to get a seat, not wanting to play "Speciality Games", travel issues etc..

The Forum Team Challenge is a means of spreading the news of, and drumming up interest in,  APAT across the interwebz and in areas where it otherwise might not reach. And it"s only one comp. There are plenty of others.

There were 20 forums represented last time, not everyone who wanted to play from those forums (fora?) were chosed so they were excluded too.

I had, originally, excluded myself from my forums team (sorry, the forum to which I belong, not "my" forum) but was able to get in as a late sub. Not that I covered myself in glory going out second to a 2 outer on the turn.

In the end, the answer is simple, if you want to play in the team comp, join a forum, even the APAT forum would do, post more, become well known and get picked.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=5174.0

Be aware, the DTD dates are slightly out, they are, I believe, all 1 day before the date shown. I think it"ll be updated in due course.

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »

A lot of APATers are "excluded" from other live events by not being able to get a seat, not wanting to play "Speciality Games", travel issues etc..

The Forum Team Challenge is a means of spreading the news of, and drumming up interest in,  APAT across the interwebz and in areas where it otherwise might not reach. And it"s only one comp. There are plenty of others.

There were 20 forums represented last time, not everyone who wanted to play from those forums (fora?) were chosed so they were excluded too.

I had, originally, excluded myself from my forums team (sorry, the forum to which I belong, not "my" forum) but was able to get in as a late sub. Not that I covered myself in glory going out second to a 2 outer on the turn.

In the end, the answer is simple, if you want to play in the team comp, join a forum, even the APAT forum would do, post more, become well known and get picked.

Interesting comment here Paulie.

Why would an individual neccessarily need to become "well known" to represent a forum that they may be a member of if say, their results were good enough to merit a spot if that was the chosen criteria of that particular forum?

Also, was this/would this be a factor in choosing which forums would gain entry to the team competition, "you"re only a small forum and not well known, so you have a lesser chance of obtaining a spot in the team comp?"

What was the method used for choosing which 20 teams would participate in last years forum team comp?

Geo

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2010, 13:06:09 PM »

Interesting comment here Paulie.

Why would an individual neccessarily need to become "well known" to represent a forum that they may be a member of if say, their results were good enough to merit a spot if that was the chosen criteria of that particular forum?

Also, was this/would this be a factor in choosing which forums would gain entry to the team competition, "you"re only a small forum and not well known, so you have a lesser chance of obtaining a spot in the team comp?"

What was the method used for choosing which 20 teams would participate in last years forum team comp?

Geo

Agree with Geo, seems that this could be very cliquey in that the most frequent posters are picked with the better performing players being over looked.

Personally a live team event based on the online teams from all divisions with the best performing players representing their team would make more sense. Just my twopenneth anyways.
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2010, 13:44:28 PM »
I think the APAT teams showed that not only was selection based on contribution, but also skill level.  I think the same can be said for most forums.  Also, i believe the actual forum list was dran at random so it is not unfair at all.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2010, 13:55:18 PM »
Personally I tried to get onto a forum team for the last two years: the first year I was highest placed in their league but too low profile on the forum, the second year I was too high profile. Got sick of it after that. Likewise the first team for a lot of Edinburgh APATers would be Officepoker, who I guess weren"t high enough profile last time, which instantly excludes about half the Edinburgh online team. I"m very enthusiastic about APAT in general, love the ethos, but politics wearies me.