Author Topic: APAT WCOAP Stud Championship  (Read 12944 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: APAT WCOAP Stud Championship
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

well done tinkerman.

Well done to Carl Weeks (Tinkerman)...another LPM winner after James Dwinfour"s (JD Force) Omaha win.

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

tinkerman

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 13:51:42 PM »

hey guys / gals

really enjoyed last nights tourney, you just won,t believe how hard it is to try and get a 7 stud tourney like this online.

Anyway i came SECOND, after a good long heads up where i had him all in twice -tinkerman that is- the blinds where gettin higher and we were getting dealt pock etpairs we both played fast and the tides turned on me.
dont mean to cry but the all in to win for me went like this, 4,s in the hole we got bettin hit 2 pair with KK and 44 by 6th street against his Aces but he hit a 3 on the end that gave him AA33 against my KK44 aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

well done tinkerman.

It was a good heads up final and felt that if you had won then you would have been a worthy champion.  However, lady luck decided to shine her torch in my corner resulting in a win for myself.

You played a very good game and was quite short-stacked with 2 tables remaining, but played well and built your stack up to be a major force.  You sat for an age folding and when you got aces, were paid off.

Before the 2 all-ins you mentioned, you had just about destroyed me by winning a huge pot and giving you something like a 170-20k advantage.  I congratulated you on your victory and decided to just push all-in until I busted or got back above 60k.  I wasn't going to sit and die slowly, but come out fighting and hope to land a lucky punch (like a small school kids just swinging their fists).  That is what happened, with me hitting you twice.  Even, though I had a smaller stack, the blinds were so big, that luck was going to play a huge role, and that is what I had on my side.

I'll concede you had a moral victory, but I'll take my lucky one:)  Well played and look forward to playing you again.

Many thanks to APAT for giving us this great tourney and a welcome change from Hold'em.

I look forward to the RAZZ on Wednesday, though understand that this is more a game of luck and will suit me sir:)

I hope the new online provider will spread more games and that we may even see the other variants being played as part of the festival, such as 2-7 triple draw, 5 card draw, stud hi/lo, limit holdem, etc.  I may not know the games, but would be more likely to learn them if they became part of the annual festival.

Anyway, thanks for a very enjoyable game and keep up the great work!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 14:29:18 PM by Paulie_D »

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 14:03:35 PM »
Well done tinkerman (and gulibert). I was gutted to miss out on the medal when Preiure was all-in. I was looking strong with 2 pair on 4th street but he hits a pair on the river to go with hidden AA. Then add gulibert with hidden QQ and a 2nd pair on 5th street and it crippled me. Ouch.

But was great fun, all we need now is a HORSE tournament! :D
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 23:09:50 PM »
Finished 8th, final table, a cash & 2 ranking points!!!  And in a game I had no idea what I was doing.  I folded alot and bet every street with hand (is this good???).  Anyway had lots of fun, so much to concentrate on, trying to remember cards and stuff. Add to this that cold drinks had been taken all day so apologies for no chat or table talk.  Also managed to bubble in the Omaha event so maybe I need to look to other games except hold em, or then again maybe I am just a fish who got lucky.

Well done to the winner and everyone else who took part.  Bring on the RAZZ on Wednesday, although I will be sober for this one and so probably won"t last long.

gulibert n2

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 23:25:53 PM »
nice reply tinkerman,
think your report summed it up very nicely, i would of done exactly the same, thanks for the game APAT and like tinkerman says the more variation the better for some of us, bring on the horse tourneys.

Just like to say to others, there is more to poker than holdem so get into that RAZZ and enjoy yourselves. It really is a very good game.

Me, well i,m stuck on 2-10 this week so aint playing. Just when i was hittin some form aswell ( about 16th in the Omaha torney ). will try and make it sunday night.

C you all there. :)

gulibert n2

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 21:10:03 PM »
hi again guys at apat,
not gettin a funny bugger here,

when can we expect the medalions?

just need to prove to my mates.... u know what i mean :)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 21:25:26 PM »
They will arrive next week guilbert....the European event has been our focus over the last three weeks.

gulibert n2

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 10:46:53 AM »
DOH !!!!

of course,
couldnt make it myself.... up north u see ( 5 kids aswell )

hope it was an excellent event, which i,m sure it was.

Gonna try and make a couple this year - Newcastle is a definate.
see u all there and thanks for the reply APAT

tinkerman

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 15:53:32 PM »

They will arrive next week guilbert....the European event has been our focus over the last three weeks.

I still haven't received my winners medal :"(

Has it been sent out?

I understand that you have put a lot of effort into concentrating on the European championship and season 2, so the delay is understandable to some extent.

My biggest worry that it has been delivered to the wrong address or lost at the post office.  Any details of when it was sent would be appreciated or confirmation that it is still on your long list of things to do.

Keep up the great work.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 16:00:45 PM »
Everything has been sent Carl...the last few went last week.  Chances are they are stuck in the mail strike  :-[.   I think that is over now, so touch wood you will receive tomorrow.  We are contemplating bracelets for the live WCOAP events at the Vic next year.  Eleven months should just about be enough notice to get them completed  :)

gulibert n2

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 19:33:52 PM »
hey guys

got mine today, very nice aswell   :)

See u got your name in poker player magazine  tinkerman,
nice too see the online guys gettin a mention.

And yes i do wish it was me!!!!!

lol later   :as:

tinkerman

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 22:06:16 PM »

Everything has been sent Carl...the last few went last week.  Chances are they are stuck in the mail strike  :-[.   I think that is over now, so touch wood you will receive tomorrow.  We are contemplating bracelets for the live WCOAP events at the Vic next year.  Eleven months should just about be enough notice to get them completed  :)

Thanks, just to let you know that I received mine today.  The post held it up for several weeks:(  Still it is very nice medal and well worth the wait.

I was nice seeing my name in the Poker mag and look forward to the events next year.