Author Topic: Buyin Amount for Online Series Events?  (Read 25383 times)

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
Re: Buyin Amount for Online Series Events?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 17:21:40 PM »

We received a number of emails on this subject and a number of players would like the opportunity to participate in every event, but did not necessarily want to be spending $44 in tournament weeks to do so.

So the way to get things done/changed is to send an email?? What is the point of having this forum and inviting opinions if you just ignore those who post here, but change things to suit "anumber of players" who sent "a number of emails"? Why couldn"t these people voice their opinion on the forum?

BTW, I didn"t even get a reply to the question I asked by email!!

Just because your paranoid... doesn"t mean there"s no one after you!!

A relatively small number of APAT members post on the forum.  You will find that not all of those that do, would want it known that they do not have a bankroll to support an increase in the level of buyin required over Season One.  What question did you ask by email?  

Email sent to customer @apat.com on 05/10/07...

Des

Ref. Your statement "the 4 Regional Managers will also sit on the Poker Association members comittee, when it is formed shortly." Copied from the forum announcement.

The advert for these posts stated that the RMs would sit on the "board of the poker association", there was no mention of the members committee.

Will these 4 people constitute the committee or will there be more members on it?

If there are more members to be added, how will they be appointed? Will memebers be invited to apply?

Regards,
Alan
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

JulioArca

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 17:28:02 PM »

To ensure that we don"t exclude members maybe all online events should be freerolls!

OMG - Lets just give everybody 100 chips with 1 minute blinds and then we can all have a chance of a medal. ;D

The last thing we want is a freeroll otherwise I will have to find a wifi point on the way to work the next morning !

Either that or it will be allin, allin, allin, allin............who cares its a freeroll......
;)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 18:22:10 PM »

We received a number of emails on this subject and a number of players would like the opportunity to participate in every event, but did not necessarily want to be spending $44 in tournament weeks to do so.

So the way to get things done/changed is to send an email?? What is the point of having this forum and inviting opinions if you just ignore those who post here, but change things to suit "anumber of players" who sent "a number of emails"? Why couldn"t these people voice their opinion on the forum?

BTW, I didn"t even get a reply to the question I asked by email!!

Just because your paranoid... doesn"t mean there"s no one after you!!

A relatively small number of APAT members post on the forum.  You will find that not all of those that do, would want it known that they do not have a bankroll to support an increase in the level of buyin required over Season One.  What question did you ask by email?  

Email sent to customer @apat.com on 05/10/07...

Des

Ref. Your statement "the 4 Regional Managers will also sit on the Poker Association members comittee, when it is formed shortly." Copied from the forum announcement.

The advert for these posts stated that the RMs would sit on the "board of the poker association", there was no mention of the members committee.

Will these 4 people constitute the committee or will there be more members on it?

If there are more members to be added, how will they be appointed? Will memebers be invited to apply?

Regards,
Alan

Response moved to the appropriate forum:-

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=514.msg8116#msg8116

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 19:18:28 PM »
Time to put my two penneth in.  Straight away let me say I side with the view that APAT have got it right in reducing the buy in to 10 bucks due to the doubling of the amount of tournements.

The forum is largely made up of the more vocal members of the association, indeed out of my own home game, 5 of us are APAT members and only 2 of us have played in the live APAT events and I am the only one that EVER participates in the forum.

The bankroll of our home game  ranges from one non apat professional  with tens of thousands in the roll, WSOP final table appearances and various European titles down to one whose maximum entry fee he pays online is 5 bucks.

The APAT events has given one his only ever live experience and 2 others there introduction to poker away from our home game by participating this week in the first online event of season 2.

10 dollars is in the reach of most members whatever their bankroll.  Two 20 dollar tournements in one week can put some members with little disposable income at a tough decision whether to play 2 one or indeed not bother with APAT events at all.  Their voices are very often not heard within the forum

More members probably play at the 5 dollar 3 dollar etc tourney level and 10c/20c cash than any other level using sound bankroll management.

I happily admit to playing very low level stakes both cash and tourney.  Yes I have played the sunday million etcbut only if I have satellited in.  I am fully aware that an awful lot of APAT members play at a much lower level than they would like to admit.  My own experiences of running in to them in low level poker stars tourneys and tralling the pokerdb.com  bears witness to this

10 dollars entry keeps the tournements within the reach of most players and i applaud the splitting into weekday and weekend tournements as this opens up the tourneys to players that work weekends (or have a drink or ten on a saturday afternoon!! hic!!)

Remember you do not HAVE to play EVERY tournement.

Lets keep APAT within the reach of all amateur players and not let it become elitist or clicky.

(Gets of High Horse)

WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 19:45:34 PM »
Well said Duncan.

Everyone who voices their opinion is entitled to do so (and we should be grateful for that). However if we look at some of the opinons we find that they are bais toward that individuals desires (as one might expect).

The most important thing, and hence the reason I applaude your post, is to consider the vision and mission of APAT.

doctor love

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 19:57:17 PM »
Hi everyone

I"m new to APAT and like the aims very much as it gives us players a good avenue to participate in both on line and live tournaments. I had the honour of participating in the 2nd Walsall qualifier and was pleased to finish chip leader overall. I for one, agree that 10$ twice in a week is a good level, it sounds to me that the structure may need tweaking if the consensus is that 6 hours plus is too long ??

(finished 40th in the Austrian, Swiss will be given a miss as I can see a few mistakes being made while the rugby is on), had a good 7th in an Ultimatebet tourney last night, good site if anyone not been there

See you in Walsall

doctor love

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 21:40:56 PM »
10 dollar buy in,s encourage more loose play.I know points are at stake ,but for yopur new apat member it is basically ,just a crap shoot.Sorry a 10 dolar get them in and hope for the best.(like my normal game plan)
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 21:56:14 PM »

10 dollar buy in,s encourage more loose play.I know points are at stake ,but for yopur new apat member it is basically ,just a crap shoot.Sorry a 10 dolar get them in and hope for the best.(like my normal game plan)

Hope that comment isn"t aimed at any one in particular??  ::)

Sorry about the call with 67!! You"ll be pleased to know that my downfall was brought about by someone equally as bad as me.  ;D

matt250686

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 22:17:24 PM »
not quite as bad as you rio, i was in the bb

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 22:33:41 PM »

not quite as bad as you rio, i was in the bb

I was actually referring to a couple of hands earlier, where I lost about 16k chips, not the hand I went out on... although, since you mention it, Q8o is a pretty loose call, out of position!  ;)

matt250686

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2007, 22:44:21 PM »
oh ok sorry.  yes Q8o was a loose call but you had been playing very loose. if it was someone else i would have probably folded

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 01:34:08 AM »

Time to put my two penneth in.  Straight away let me say I side with the view that APAT have got it right in reducing the buy in to 10 bucks due to the doubling of the amount of tournements.

The forum is largely made up of the more vocal members of the association, indeed out of my own home game, 5 of us are APAT members and only 2 of us have played in the live APAT events and I am the only one that EVER participates in the forum.

The bankroll of our home game  ranges from one non apat professional  with tens of thousands in the roll, WSOP final table appearances and various European titles down to one whose maximum entry fee he pays online is 5 bucks.

The APAT events has given one his only ever live experience and 2 others there introduction to poker away from our home game by participating this week in the first online event of season 2.

10 dollars is in the reach of most members whatever their bankroll.  Two 20 dollar tournements in one week can put some members with little disposable income at a tough decision whether to play 2 one or indeed not bother with APAT events at all.  Their voices are very often not heard within the forum

More members probably play at the 5 dollar 3 dollar etc tourney level and 10c/20c cash than any other level using sound bankroll management.

I happily admit to playing very low level stakes both cash and tourney.  Yes I have played the sunday million etcbut only if I have satellited in.  I am fully aware that an awful lot of APAT members play at a much lower level than they would like to admit.  My own experiences of running in to them in low level poker stars tourneys and tralling the pokerdb.com  bears witness to this

10 dollars entry keeps the tournements within the reach of most players and i applaud the splitting into weekday and weekend tournements as this opens up the tourneys to players that work weekends (or have a drink or ten on a saturday afternoon!! hic!!)

Remember you do not HAVE to play EVERY tournement.

Lets keep APAT within the reach of all amateur players and not let it become elitist or clicky.

(Gets of High Horse)

Well said. :)
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 01:44:38 AM »
Two $10 Online APAT Tournaments every second Thursday and Saturday suit me just fine. As does one £20 live and (if needed) two $20 Online APAT Regional Qualifiers every month (£60 in APAT Events per month). If you added one higher stakes unaffordable-to-some event ($50/£25+) to the APAT Schedule every month, I"d be tempted to play in that one too if I was having a good month. I don"t agree that more Leadboard points should be awarded for this tourney though.

Like the majority of APATers I"m lead to believe, I"m a low stakes player who enjoys competing for the APAT Ranking Points and the Medals - as APAT intend. I use two monthly £50 home games and online games to make money.

The only change that I would like to suggest is to set a password to each Online event - a password which will only be published in PokerPlayer magazine and in an area available to registered Users on the Forum. This will hopefully result in members supporting our magazine sponsor and visiting the forums regularly.

6hrs for an online game with 160-240 players - tough going. Down to 3,500 chips or introducing Antes after second break would be good. After the amount of folding I did last night, I"d be Ante"d out never mind Blinded out!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:03:12 AM by lukybugur »

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:03 PM »

First time I have heard a 5000 chip 15 minute online tourney called a crapshoot!!!

Yes plenty of loose players early doors but you have loads of chips to make your moves on them or recover from being sucked out on
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

sharky_uk

• Bronze Member
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2007, 14:57:00 PM »
The polling facility on the forum is not enabled so I created a poll here.

Results so far here