Author Topic: Betfair Poker - General Discussion  (Read 23231 times)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Betfair Poker - General Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 18:18:47 PM »

Is this possible? I have a friend who wants to play APAT and Betfair games but doesn"t wish to deposit by card or have any "gambling" transactions coming out of their accounts. Using cash would be perfect. Leigh, Des, is this possible?

Divorce is the best solution for this problem! ;)
[/quote]

It wasnt my fiancee. Some people do not use cards in this day and age unbelievable as it sounds,
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 19:14:09 PM »

Is this possible? I have a friend who wants to play APAT and Betfair games but doesn"t wish to deposit by card or have any "gambling" transactions coming out of their accounts. Using cash would be perfect. Leigh, Des, is this possible?

Adam - Your friend should open a separate account which you they can litter freely with gambling transactions, while anyone reviewing your their main account would be totally unaware of your their gambling issues.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 19:51:03 PM »
It really is a serious issue in Ireland.  The banks will refuse to renew your credit card when the time comes if it shows too many "gambling" transactions.  They"ve been cracking down on it big time in the past year or two.  So much so that I do what I can to deposit in any way except card (if possible) to throw them off the scent.  Hope the paysafe option works as that"s what I"m intending to use with Betfair.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 19:58:05 PM »

It really is a serious issue in Ireland.  The banks will refuse to renew your credit card when the time comes if it shows too many "gambling" transactions.  They"ve been cracking down on it big time in the past year or two.  So much so that I do what I can to deposit in any way except card (if possible) to throw them off the scent.  Hope the paysafe option works as that"s what I"m intending to use with Betfair.

Impossible.......................i thought you were a winning player Laxie, or have you been playing after a session on the laughing juice?

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 20:06:37 PM »
New site = must deposit.  Bad beat really.  lol

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 20:33:24 PM »
i do like betfair but have to agree that the raising options could be easier/better !!!

Denis67

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 22:07:54 PM »
I eventually managed to deposit funds using a paysafe card so it is possible although you need untold patience at times.......  
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 00:52:38 AM »

Adam - Your friend should open a separate account which you they can litter freely with gambling transactions, while anyone reviewing your their main account would be totally unaware of your their gambling issues.

LOL - they would if they could. And it isn"t me, despite your best insinuations ;)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
Wouldn"t a paysafecard do the trick?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »

I have a friend who wants to play APAT and Betfair games but doesn"t wish to deposit by card or have any "gambling" transactions coming out of their accounts. Using cash would be perfect. Leigh, Des, is this possible?

I use Neteller to deposit with Betfair. You can set this up as a payment from your bank account.

All your bank sees is a payment to an online transaction house which doesn"t count as a "gambling" transaction.

I believe that they also offer a "Virtual Card" for one-off transactions.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:13:25 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

GR8TFL0P

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 13:18:27 PM »

I have a friend who wants to play APAT and Betfair games but doesn"t wish to deposit by card or have any "gambling" transactions coming out of their accounts. Using cash would be perfect. Leigh, Des, is this possible?

I use Neteller to deposit with Betfair. You can set this up as a payment from your bank account.

All your bank sees is a payment to an online transaction house which doesn"t count as a "gambling" transaction.

I believe that they also offer a "Virtual Card" for one-off transactions.

As above + I have the card so you can use it as per any debit card, they have droped the monthly non usage fee too!!!

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 16:39:19 PM »
I used Paypal. Delighted to see this option, all poker sites should be so sensible. But maybe the payment comes straight from your bank, I"m not sure.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 15:30:41 PM »
I am pleased to announce Dave Allan from Betfair has now joined the forum.  His forum id is Betfair_Dave.

See thread HERE

Please continue to post any queries or questions that you may have on this thread, but you also have the option to pm Dave direct to help resolve any issues that you may have.

I"m sure you will all join me in welcoming Dave to the forum.

Leigh

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 15:32:14 PM »
Welcome Dave to the APAT forum.
Mary Kivlin

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 18:49:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dave and congratulations on a great deal with APAT.

Are you also welcoming proposals for improvements to the software?

I would propose you start a thread for this but any post simply slagging off the software should be removed IMO.