Author Topic: censorship  (Read 2990 times)

rudders

• Silver Member
censorship
« on: March 08, 2010, 00:05:40 AM »
been chatting to Dan and Dylan from Cardiff and it seems that they have both been banned from posting on the forum. Well they presume they have as they cant log on- no email etc notifying them. as far as i can gather Dylan was involved in a hand with Mary who got lucky on the river ( not stellar play by all accounts) Dylan criticised her play in the chat box and there was then some argument on the table involving the 2 players, other players at the table, and some observers (including Dan). As far as i am aware there was no swearing involved.

Dylan then posted the hand on the forum and asked whether people thought whether it was good play. there were a series of posts on the thread including Mary posting Dylans exit hand. The tread was then deleted. Dan did not post on this thread.

these are the facts as far as I know- apologies if any minor facts are incorrect.

my questions are this:

Why have they been shut out from the forum- because of an argument in the chat box? or because of the post? or another reason? Is this an appropriate response? If is because of the post why is Dan banned?

Who banned them? was it Mary? if it was is this appropriate? Should moderators be banning people when they are upset when they have had their play criticised?

Are not able to discuss hands and criticise play on the forum? - as long as it is not overtly abusive (lets not forget that Mary posted Dylans exit hand and questioned his play in that post.

Please dont delete this post- i am not generally abusive or rude and am not posting for the sake of stirring- I really feel these are genuine questions that need addressing. I love the forum and would hate to see its integrity compromised.

Rudders

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: censorship
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 00:17:53 AM »
Rudders, you know we don"t allow any member abuse.

As far as I was concerned, there was no issue with Dylan posting his thread, however, it had started to become tit for tat, so I locked it and moved it for 24 hours.  There is no point in letting that spiralling out of control.

In addition, I also sent Dylan a pm and suggested he take 24 hours to cool off, away from the thread.  That was a friendly gesture as I"ve always found Dylan a good guy.

However, the posting continued and I issued him with a 24 hour suspension.

In the interim there are lots of very insulting APAT threads being started on FB.  Really silly stuff. 

So, we"ll review chat with Betfair, if there is an issue we"ll talk to the appropriate people.

Finally, Mary had nothing to do with the threads being moved and Dan has had no suspension of any kind.

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 00:32:19 AM »
ok thanks for swift response- i am sure that u can see why i was concerned- will let dan know as he seems to be locked out- he can check again- I have complete chat log from the table- no swearing and no overt abuse as far as I can see. Dylan was not aware of the PM- I dont always notice mine tbh- till i read my emails on the pc away from the laptop. Was anyone else suspended as he was not only one posting. Are we not allowed to question peoples play- I dont think dylan was abusing anyone was he? Just need to be clear on what we can and cant post.

Cheers
Rudders

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 00:36:49 AM »
Thread went too far imo. I don"t like to see that sort of thing.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 00:41:12 AM »

ok thanks for swift response- i am sure that u can see why i was concerned- will let dan know as he seems to be locked out- he can check again- I have complete chat log from the table- no swearing and no overt abuse as far as I can see. Dylan was not aware of the PM- I dont always notice mine tbh- till i read my emails on the pc away from the laptop. Was anyone else suspended as he was not only one posting. Are we not allowed to question peoples play- I dont think dylan was abusing anyone was he? Just need to be clear on what we can and cant post.

Cheers
Rudders

I can"t take a call on whether anyone was being abused until i see the chat logs.  However, abuse is not just about using language, it"s words, tone, level of aggression....and I"m not suggesting for a minute that anyone passed the line - but i do need to see the chat logs as complaints were made.  As far as I am aware, questioning other people"s play happens on this forum on a daily basis, and that is not an issue.  Dylan was the one who started three threads in a very short timeframe, all of which were moved (not deleted) as I didn"t want them spiralling out of control as mentioned above.

We don"t do censorship - you"ve been with us from the very beginning Rudders, and you and everyone else knows the score with regards to communications among the members. 

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 00:43:52 AM »
I"m offline for the remainder of the night now, so not sure there is a lot more to add to this topic.

Cheers,

Des.

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 00:53:19 AM »
In the case of dan- message  appears- sorry undisputed you have have been suspended for 24hrs. so it appears he is banned.

again thanks for swift response- wouldnt be posting all this if i didnt care about the forum.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 01:00:26 AM »
Does he have the same ip address as Dylan?  

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 01:13:11 AM »
no

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
I"ll have to look into tomorrow.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 01:45:01 AM »

In addition, I also sent Dylan a pm and suggested he take 24 hours to cool off, away from the thread.  That was a friendly gesture as I"ve always found Dylan a good guy.

Very decent of you Squire.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
Must have missed all the aggro! But please don"t mess with the chatbox on Betfair, it is really good to be able to comment on tables you are not playing at ( I never cracked that on BSQ!).
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013