Author Topic: Exit hand in DTD Super 50  (Read 6017 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Exit hand in DTD Super 50
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: Exit hand in DTD Super 50
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »
Nothing wrong with that.  Just unlucky.

50p in the tin on the way out please.
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Class

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
I would have done the same as you if it is any consolation.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 12:58:10 PM »
Was unlucky and alot of player play suited  gappers from the bb in hope to hit. And as you stated you wanted alot of middling hand to call, which you got

even though you"ve only got 22 bb I"m guessing it was averse stack size

I"m guessing villan checked and if he led out you were probably going to raise and get it all
in anyway

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 13:02:13 PM »
No chance you could have played that any better.

Shocking play from him.

Rattle that tin! ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 13:05:08 PM »

Was unlucky and alot of player play suited  gappers from the bb in hope to hit. And as you stated you wanted alot of middling hand to call, which you got

even though you"ve only got 22 bb I"m guessing it was averse stack size

I"m guessing villan checked and if he led out you were probably going to raise and get it all
in anyway

Yes the stack was adverse to the majority of the table, and yes again, after the flop all my chips were going in. I guess the real reason for the post was should I have gone all in post flop and made him think twice ? Although as I have no idea what he put me on maybe he had also made his mind up and it was going to go all the way anyway...

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 13:37:03 PM »
get money in as 4-1 favourite. Happy days, move on  to next tourney.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 13:41:59 PM »
You"re results oriented second guessing is a typical response and a product of the luck factor in poker( in this case bad luck ). This aspect of the game is what makes Poker such a tough nut to truly crack. The standard learning process for mere mortals is via trial and error, as in this case, you played the hand well but the outcome is not pleasant and does"nt confirm your play as correct. Conversely, the donkey in the BB is consumed in pompous confusion as to his greatness.

Its not all bad news though, if the game did"nt trick people into thinking they"re good, even awesome in some cases, players like "the donkey in the BB" would be lost to us and we would"nt want that.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 13:44:37 PM »
what exactly do you want to know Ger?

not sure how many limpers were in before you but raise looks a bit chunky if no limpers - but hey ho he called anyway with 9 hi.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 14:00:02 PM »
Just over 4 x BB raise, will get rid of sheeeite, also possibly induce a Pf re raise. Which would be nice, then whether to flat or push ??etc, irrespective, you got it all in, As Will says 4-1 fav. Wp ul gg sir Duke.

P.S. You should win the next 4. ;)

But don"t hold your breadth, we know live poker is.........................blah blah!
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 16:26:41 PM »
duke i agree with deanp that preflop your bet sizing seems large, i"m ok with this if the opponents behind were a bit call happy. On the flop did u have to reason to bet so much? eg- opponent seemed the type to disbelieve aggressive pot size bets or the type who is dead-set on calling any size of bet? In general was it a bet for value or are you trying to make the player fold?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 16:31:07 PM »
I"d raise less pre, c bet less on the flop. Other than that, your not folding an overpair at this stage of the tourney so nothing wrong with your play. You want players like that over playing marginals.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 16:44:05 PM »

duke i agree with deanp that preflop your bet sizing seems large, i"m ok with this if the opponents behind were a bit call happy. On the flop did u have to reason to bet so much? eg- opponent seemed the type to disbelieve aggressive pot size bets or the type who is dead-set on calling any size of bet? In general was it a bet for value or are you trying to make the player fold?

To be honest Noble my whole plan was to take his chips and when he called I was certain I would get them. Post flop I thought he might slap all in to a less than pot sized bet. He duly did. I got unlucky. But the reason for the post has been answered re the bet sizes, I agree that the original bet was a wee bit strong, but he still called anyway so I then thought another strong one would get the reaction it did.

I could not get off the hand and I was looking for his chips. What I can"t legislate for is the outcome.

I am a tad aggressive with betting, ignoring the result, I would have lost a better player pre.

So in reality the reason for the post was for future reference and Lesson learned re bet sizing

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Unlucky. I have to say, I played in the same tourney and am still reeling. There"s nothing sicker then to sit there for 10 hours and bubble - which is exactly what I did. My AK ran into a monster J10.
I have to say, your table seemed to be the exception in terms of good play. Virtually every hand I observed was open limped from UTG/UTG+1 - terrible
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 16:23:01 PM »
Ger, knowing how you run with AA, this should have been a straight forward fold preflop!!   ;D