Author Topic: Why post a request for a seat?  (Read 6514 times)

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
Re: Why post a request for a seat?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 05:33:15 AM »

I actually dont know why sellers dont simply unregister from the holding tank, instead of looking for a buyer. I assume it it possible to simply unregister and funds are automatically refunded.

Yeah it"s possible, me and a mate were selling our Swansea seats and he simply unreg"d as he wanted Betfair funds anyway so thought there was less hassle involved in simply unregistering and I posted a notice here along with my seat.

I was more surprised at a request to sell a seat for stars transfer only.

I think you might be referring to my request for transfer of my seat to be via Full Tilt transfer, and I don"t think it"s weird for me to request that - I don"t need money on Betfair, I didn"t want the cash and I needed funds on Full Tilt, simple as. One thing I fail to see though, is how unreg"n from the holding tank on Betfair is any fairer than posting here because it"s still fastest finger first and you"d still need to be online to notice it and would probably be alerted to it via here anyway.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 06:08:08 AM »

... One thing I fail to see though, is how unreg"n from the holding tank on Betfair is any fairer than posting here because it"s still fastest finger first and you"d still need to be online to notice it and would probably be alerted to it via here anyway.

I"m not necessarily arguing against it, but just to point out, in addition to being online and noticing it - you also need to have Betfair installed on your PC.

That"s almost everybody who"s at work who wouldn"t be able to register for 8-10 hours of the day (or more depending on commuting distance)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »
Personally I don"t see it as a problem and think it works as is. I"ve posted on here requesting a seat and not got one before now but that"s just the way it goes. I"ve also managed to get one and on one occasion someone ran a draw which i won and was then offered the seat.

It"s up to the seller how they sell their seat and who they sell it to. Whether they choose to sell it to a friend, pick the first name off the board they find, post it for sale or offer it to the first person to name their first born child after them that"s their choice. Personally if i ever have a seat to sell i"m going for the last one.  :)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »

Personally I don"t see it as a problem and think it works as is. I"ve posted on here requesting a seat and not got one before now but that"s just the way it goes. I"ve also managed to get one and on one occasion someone ran a draw which i won and was then offered the seat.

It"s up to the seller how they sell their seat and who they sell it to. Whether they choose to sell it to a friend, pick the first name off the board they find, post it for sale or offer it to the first person to name their first born child after them that"s their choice. Personally if i ever have a seat to sell i"m going for the last one.  :)

:D :D :D