Author Topic: JJ utg facing 3 bet  (Read 7993 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: JJ utg facing 3 bet
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 15:04:32 PM »
the horriblest of horrible bad beats. 2 cards in the deck and needed to hit them both......  Brendan, could you just PM me with 6 random numbers between 1 and 49 please.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 15:06:22 PM »
well obv just a good beat thread, would have been helpful to know that it was a satellite which would make folding more obvious
Looking forward to making my first day 2

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 15:28:39 PM »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 15:34:56 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 15:30:50 PM »
But I think AK mite jam a lot of the time as well which makes his range seem QQ+ for the most part. 

Edit:

U r a sicko :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 15:42:55 PM by Marty719 »
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 15:36:54 PM »

But I think AK mite jam a lot of the time as well which makes his range seem QQ+ for the most part. 

Agreed,
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 15:38:43 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 16:10:32 PM »
According to my calculations, you were 0.1% to win with Quads (or a Poker as we used to called it in Ireland).
However, as you also had a backdoor flush-draw, that gave you a further 3.6% (omitting the 6s), so he was only 96.3% favourite. On that basis, your hand now seems good enough to get the chips in. He should have folded.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 16:50:47 PM »
snapper u gotta remember that stove calculates with 5cards to come so it calcs showdown equity if board is left blank and so on if u enter 3cards in the board panel then it will estimate equity with 2cards to come..The difficult part to calc your ev to see a flop is u have to work out how often an Ace , King or Queen come on the flop for villains AK AQ holdings and then calculating for his bigger pairs QQ+ and a low cooler flop and then factor in your 2 outs to hit to improve turn and river[approx 8%] as long as villain does not improve...The problem is compounded when u factor in at least one opponent happens to hold one of those overcards to your jacks...

u get {50 \choose 3} = 19,600 possible flops so i"ll leave others to work it out :)

just read through it and i hope u get what i"m trying to explain..

edit - the figures u have from stove estimate the equity for a 5card showdown..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 16:54:30 PM by noble1 »

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 17:34:23 PM »

snapper u gotta remember that stove calculates with 5cards to come so it calcs showdown equity if board is left blank and so on if u enter 3cards in the board panel then it will estimate equity with 2cards to come..The difficult part to calc your ev to see a flop is u have to work out how often an Ace , King or Queen come on the flop for villains AK AQ holdings and then calculating for his bigger pairs QQ+ and a low cooler flop and then factor in your 2 outs to hit to improve turn and river[approx 8%] as long as villain does not improve...The problem is compounded when u factor in at least one opponent happens to hold one of those overcards to your jacks...

u get {50 \choose 3} = 19,600 possible flops so i"ll leave others to work it out :)

just read through it and i hope u get what i"m trying to explain..

edit - the figures u have from stove estimate the equity for a 5card showdown..

I do understand and your point is sound it really is a snap fold pre, The real decision is preflop and having made the mistake of calling there, I was never ever folding the flop but suspected a small gain in fold equity by shoving the flop rather than preflop and thats why I"ve stoved as 5 cards to come.

Thanks a lot guys it is pretty low content to be honest though.