Author Topic: Report - APAT Season Two - Danish Open - 27/10/07  (Read 3661 times)

KVNSTV

• APAT Content Manager
    • Flip You For It Blog
Report - APAT Season Two - Danish Open - 27/10/07
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:33:59 AM »
My first report for an online APAT event so any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

APAT Season Two  -  Danish Open   -  27/10/07

Another strong field converged via Blue Square's online poker room for the APAT Danish Open.

The player friendly APAT structure allowed for plenty of play and with 30 players remaining three players led the way. 

Having passed the 50,000 mark, Cincicrappykid was at the head of the field with a monster stack of 85,340 nearly seventeen times his 5,000 starting stack.

Top Positions with 30 Players Remaining

Cincicrappykid 85,340
Cooste 69,370
G3LBOY 51,790

Money Bubble

Our first “bubble boy” was the unfortunate blankstudent who on the shortstack, ran his AJ into Lubandige with AK. Neither player improved and blankstudent was unlucky to see no return for his evening's work.

Final Table Bubble

Therehere was the unlucky final table bubble boy, running his A8 suited into Magicoa's JJ. The first card to flop was an 8 but no further improvement came and Therehere was eliminated in 11th place and picked up $16.70.

APAT Points Bubble

Mattblue was our points bubbler, Cooste raised from under the gun to 20,000 and Mattblue moved in for 64,000 which was quickly called. Cooste showed JJ to Mattblue's AK which failed to improve and Mattblue earned $29.22 for 10th place, but unfortunately no crucial APAT championship points.

The Final Nine

9th

FFC1966 was eliminated in ninth.  FFC1966 open shoved from early position for 37,000 holding JJ. SJ40 in the big blind, called with AJ suited and a solitary ace on the flop was enough to send FFC1966 to the rail earning one championship point and $37.57.

8th  

The critically short stacked MagicoA pushed 26,000 from the small blind with 10 9 of clubs. NutterFlush on the big blind instantly called holding AQ.  The ace of clubs on the turn affirmed NutterFlush's lead but gave MagicoA a flush draw.  The 10 of spades on the river was however not enough for MagicoA, who was sent to the rail in 8th place earning two championship points and $50.10 for his evening's work.

7th

Lubandige open shoved from under the gun for 65,000 with A9.  NutterFlush called holding pocket jacks which hold up, showing Lubandige the door, having earned three championship points and $66.80.

6th

Short stacked Cincicrappykid was knocked out in a blind on blind tussle. RiverAsUsual in the small blind raised 15,000 after the table folded around to him. Cincicrappykid in the big blind found pocket sevens and moved all-in for 26,000 in total leaving RiverAsUsual a mandatory call for 11,000. RiverAsUsual held KQ and the two over cards connected on both the flop and turn to seal Cincicrappykid's fate, eliminating him in 6th place earning four championship points and $83.50.

Chips Counts with Five Players Remaining

G3LBOY 271,210
Cooste 247,722.50
RiverAsUsual 165,027.50
NutterFlush 82,425
Sj40 68,615

5th

Sj40 raised 18,000 from the button and NutterFlush in the big blind called. Sj40 bets 25,000 on a seven high flop and NutterFlush moved all in for 54,000 and a pot committed Sj40 called. NutterFlush showed pockets 4's to Sj40's A5 off. The fours were still the best hand after an uneventful turn and river and Sj50 finished in 5th place earning five championship points and $100.20.

4th

G3LBOY and NutterFlush both limped from early position, before  RiverAsUsual raised to 33,000. The Flop came 8 high and RiverAsUsual pushed all in for an additional 140,000 and was called by G3LBOY. RiverAsUsual showed AJ and G3LBOY had made an amazing call with AK. Neither hand improved and G3LBOY scooped a huge 300,000+ pot. RiverAsUsual was awarded six championship points and earned $133.60.

Three Handed Chip Counts

G3LBOY 430,237.50
Cooste 274.722.50
Nutter flush 130,040

Bronze Medal

Cooste was the next player to leave when crippled by G3LBOY, who made a straight on the river, extracting the maximum. G3LBOY completed the job a few hands later out racing Cooste's pockets fives with big slick, when he flopped the ace and turned a king. Cooste earned seven championship points, $167 and the bronze medal.

Heads Up

G3LBOY held a big chip lead and he quickly stretched even further ahead with a bout of early aggressive heads up play. G3LBOY's early chip advantage peaked with a lead of nearly 10-1at one stage and with such a huge stack he looked set for a quick heads up victory, holding 750,000 to NutterFlush's 80,000.

NutterFlush however had other ideas and quickly moved through the gears to half the deficit with a double through and then cut G3LBOY's lead in half again in slightly fortuitous circumstances,  when he rivered a second queen after moving all in behind to G3LBOY's flopped ace.

All the momentum seemed to be with NutterFlush and the chip stacks were almost level after a number of pre and on the flop raising skirmishes went his way. G3LBOY, impressively, considering the momentum swing, remained composed and aggressive and soon reinstated a 3-1 chip lead without ever showing down a hand.

The end of a fascinating head ups battle came when having slipped behind again and needing to win a big pot to regain parity, NutterFlush flat called with pocket kings. A harmless looking queen high flop and a blank on the turn further encouraged the slow play and suddenly all of the money went in when G3LBOY caught a 3 on the end to make trips and run out a worthy winner.

NutterFlush picked up eight championship points, $334 and a well deserved silver medal after fighting a brilliant rear guard action.

Neil Dawson (G3LBOY) picked up nine championship points, $501, the gold medal and the title APAT Danish Open Champion.

Congratulations to Neil and all competitors for an outstanding tournament.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: Report - APAT Season Two - Danish Open - 27/10/07
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:37:20 AM »
First of all, Congratulations on your new post Kevin.

I see I"m going to be the first to congratulate you on an excellent and very accurate summary of Saturday night"s tourney.

It was great to read (for me obviously), it was well structured (chip counts at the various stages is a good feature), clearly explained and I"m so glad that I"ll always have it to refer to in the future. It was just as good as reading it in PokerPlayer magazine (hello Sponsor - yes, I"m a subscriber) ;)

I see from your Blog that you"ve interviewed Daniel Negreanu. Can I read it anywhere as there"s no obvious link around the image that points me there ... ?

Neil (G3LBOY)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:01:34 AM by lukybugur »

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
Congratulations on the win, Neil....

....And a great summary from Kevin.

Ian

KVNSTV

• APAT Content Manager
    • Flip You For It Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:42:54 AM »
Cheer Guys, the interview was for poker news Neil, I will PM you a link.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 22:33:33 PM »
Great report Kevin, very well done.