Author Topic: Friday night fight- tournament in full  (Read 11185 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: Friday night fight- tournament in full
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 19:39:49 PM »

Wow george this is awesome. Thankyou so much for sharing this. Should be a sic learning experience for us.
I"ve looked at the 1st 73 hands. Hand 73 was a crucial one I guess, in the fact you doubled up with the A7s when you flopped 2 pair. I think there was a raise to 160, call and you called. I wonder what you were thinking preflop with this hand? Did you consider a fold? I guess a fold here wouldn"t be terrible? (thats what I called out before you acted)

Hi bud. This call is very loose but again Merson was the type to spazz out which he did with A10. I mean when I check min raise with my stack in that spot it"s so strong. I wouldn"t usually advocate this play but hey I was on the button and they were suited :D
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 19:40:46 PM »

George, hand 90 was interesting for me.

You had played fairly tight up til then and it got folded to your small blind where you limp re raised then bet out an A high flop. Am i being a big donkey by saying after re raising and being called i wouldnt be able to bet 750 on this flop with the 9 high you had?

This was an image thing more than anything. I had limp folded once or twice so thought I had enough squeezer power to c/raise and c bet any board. You can"t abort a plan midway thru dude. Have the bottle to follow it thru even if you are walking out the door sometimes :)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 19:41:18 PM »

Nice touch George.  Will have a gander at that when I get a chance.

Does it come with girlie giggles, or do you have to add your own sound effects?

Was thinking about it Might add a giggle for every pot I win?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 19:49:01 PM »
watched -- just awesome - you have moved from hero to legendary  ;D

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 03:11:24 AM »

You can"t abort a plan midway thru dude. Have the bottle to follow it thru even if you are walking out the door sometimes :)

I have this exact same outlook on the game, unfortunately I mostly end up walking out the door :D

Will finish this off tomorrow, got through most of it.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 10:35:18 AM »

George, hand 90 was interesting for me.

You had played fairly tight up til then and it got folded to your small blind where you limp re raised then bet out an A high flop. Am i being a big donkey by saying after re raising and being called i wouldnt be able to bet 750 on this flop with the 9 high you had?

This was an image thing more than anything. I had limp folded once or twice so thought I had enough squeezer power to c/raise and c bet any board. You can"t abort a plan midway thru dude. Have the bottle to follow it thru even if you are walking out the door sometimes :)

Lol i am considering giving up my "plans" you can ask dave3103, they always seem to go tits up, my timing is fecking awful usually.

You probably have the worst opinion of me of all time after this AND the fact that i get a mention in your blog for limp folding for a good 3 hours of the world championships!!!

sigh!!!

congrats on the win btw, forgot to add that!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2010, 14:29:01 PM »
hi george, your views on hand 142 would be welcome. specifically, when/why do you open limp otb? i dont do this, but i"ve seen pros do this, what are your thoughts?
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 14:38:39 PM »
hi george, also hand 147. you have a pretty awkward stack for play now - less than 20bbs. you raise with a10s. If you had got a caller, would you have cbet a dry flop here as usual, or - given your stack size, or perhaps gone for a funky check raise all in if the flop was superdry?
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 23:57:54 PM »
Just finished watching this. VWP George, Jesus you just ran over them, from final table especially. Maybe they looked so bad because you made it that way, but, for a $500 buy in tourney I was very suprised to see some shockingly bad play.
Have a few spots to pick your brains about if you get back to this George and thanks a lot for the insight.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 17:41:45 PM »

hi george, your views on hand 142 would be welcome. specifically, when/why do you open limp otb? i dont do this, but i"ve seen pros do this, what are your thoughts?

Looking back I hate the play. I don"t limp often. I thought I would deeper if I"d limped the button (which I sometimes do). I spose in hindsight I didn"t want to open and have to fold if shoved on and I didn"t want to shove obv so limped. Pretty bad imo

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 17:43:38 PM »

hi george, also hand 147. you have a pretty awkward stack for play now - less than 20bbs. you raise with a10s. If you had got a caller, would you have cbet a dry flop here as usual, or - given your stack size, or perhaps gone for a funky check raise all in if the flop was superdry?

Again this play is very marginal. I probably should fold because if I get called by someone in position it"s going to be difficult to proceed with the hand without flopping something. I would probably c bet most flops and get it in/fold dependant on flop obv

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 17:44:19 PM »

Just finished watching this. VWP George, Jesus you just ran over them, from final table especially. Maybe they looked so bad because you made it that way, but, for a $500 buy in tourney I was very suprised to see some shockingly bad play.
Have a few spots to pick your brains about if you get back to this George and thanks a lot for the insight.

Think esp the final was very soft. There were just so many players looking to ladder it played right into my hands