Author Topic: Talk Talk  (Read 4675 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Talk Talk
« on: May 09, 2010, 18:13:34 PM »
FFS just got a message that all Talk Talk people are unable to log onto Betfair. It has cost me players for the league game tonight. This is not the first problem with Talk talk, we had it with BSQ

Good Game Talk Talk thats why I binned you ages ago

Sigh

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: Talk Talk
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 19:58:57 PM »
I"m with talktalk and no problems so far ( fingers crossed ) OH and its ok
NOT on your team LOL

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 20:30:12 PM »
I"m with Talk talk and I"m in too.

run better Liverpool!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 23:03:35 PM »
sigh

OK OK -- have your fun  ;D

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 22:19:44 PM »
I was okay until tonight. Betfair thinks I"m living in Australia, and they won"t take Australian residents.

The reason for this is that a "2" has appeared from nowhere at the front of my IP address, and this is the general problem. The "2" signifies Australia.

"Their engineers are on the case" and they said that it should all be sorted "soon"

I asked them if that was a "Des Duffy soon", but they did not understand what I meant, but said about 2 days.

Good job no league match tonight!!
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 23:26:35 PM »
Has anyone had this problem sorted? currently experiencing it myself :(

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 20:23:22 PM »
Yeah, I"m back in.

Spoke with Talk Talk again on Wednesday, only advised for "tight" players well practiced in the art of patience, health warning for loose aggressive. 2 calls one outgoing 45 mins and one incoming 30 mins.

Both with Indian call centre. Lady 1, insisted on going through process of checking line, software, router etc and would not listen to me trying to explain that this was not a problem with my broadband but a national problem with Talk Talk with their ip addresses. She eventually concluded it was my BT router and that I should contact BT.

I asked her to escalate the call - she refused - I insisted she escalated the call or otherwise I would leave Talk Talk and cite her as being the reason. Spoke with her manager who was not aware of the problem with ip addresses but thanked me for informing him.

He told me that he would get "advanced level 1" to call me within 10 mins and they did. The chap tried to sort out my router but accepted that there was nothing wrong with it so he passed me to "advanced level 2"

This lady told me that she was aware of the problem effecting many customers and many websites. She checked my details and told me that she would get an engineer to manually reset my ip address on the network, and that it would take between 24 and 48 hours.

24 hours later it was sorted.

If only Lady 1 had been told about the problem the call would have taken 5 mins.

Don"t know if it was sorted as a result of these calls or as a result of the call I had on Sunday.

If yours is still not working call Talk Talk broadband and tell them that there is a lady in "advanced level 2" who knows all about it.

Good Luck.
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 20:41:23 PM »

tell them that there is a lady in "advanced level 2"

Brag post IMO

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 22:22:01 PM »
Talk Taff Talk you doin brill, keep up the good work  :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 00:43:58 AM »
congrats, wish theyd done that for me but noooooooo, will have to try again tomorrow, cheers for letting us know

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »
From Betfair Forum -

A number of customers who use Talk Talk as their ISP, have for the last week been unable to access Betfair poker. This was due to the fact that Talk Talk recently migrated a section of their customer base to a Bogon IP range (reserved address space).  This address space was being blocked by  one of our 3rd party software security providers. We have just installed the latest software update by the 3rd party provider in question, which has now resolved the issue.

We would like to apologise for the disruption caused, and hope our customers can appreciate why Betfair has to use such stringent security tools.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 13:48:50 PM »

From Betfair Forum -

A number of customers who use Talk Talk as their ISP, have for the last week been unable to access Betfair poker. This was due to the fact that Talk Talk recently migrated a section of their customer base to a Bogon IP range (reserved address space).  This address space was being blocked by  one of our 3rd party software security providers. We have just installed the latest software update by the 3rd party provider in question, which has now resolved the issue.

We would like to apologise for the disruption caused, and hope our customers can appreciate why Betfair has to use such stringent security tools.

York Notes:

We fecked up, here"s our excuse, bye