Author Topic: Any APATers planning to SCOOP ?  (Read 60679 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Any APATers planning to SCOOP ?
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »
great effort Leigh, but reckon donking early would have been preferable to 7 hours through to 5am for $50!

Must be nice to be on the west coast of US and to have these games available to start at 2pm and play through to a proper bedtime.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »

but reckon donking early would have been preferable to 7 hours through to 5am for $50!

Must be nice to be on the west coast of US and to have these games available to start at 2pm and play through to a proper bedtime.

+1

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2010, 10:53:24 AM »
Having thought about this a bit, it"s a struggle to manage to play the (L) games at 10pm.  They attract such a large field size, that you are playing for 10-12 hours to final table, which is also into the following morning.

And the fact is, you could play for 6-8 hours and only return 2-3 times your buyin.

I think I might stick to the earlier ones, or make sure I satellite into the (M) games and at least then feel I"m getting a reasonable return if I cash.

Keith B

• Bronze Member
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
I"m in the $5 rebuy 6-max donkfest.

also in the $16 Badugi tonight which Ive made a small fortune from by repeatedly qualifying for, for tourney dollars.

Im going to have a siesta and redbull overdose to play. yesterdays tourneys are still playing now. :o

GL to everyone taking part.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:48:03 AM by Keith B »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »
LOL.  in O1 (M) they are just aout equal in chips headsup, and one guy just offered the other a split that gave the other guy a couple of k more.... but the other guy refused as he wanted a bigger split...... he promptly lost a 2.5 mill pot in the first hand after the restart!!

Equal in chips after 18 hours - I think I would always be happy to take an even split, leaving 20k to play for.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
Can anyone post a Badugi idiots guide ?

I"m mostly just interested, but may be swayed if it involves little skill and a lot of luck.   ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »
I see that the SCOOP 2 (M) didn"t hit it"s guarantee.  $73600 overlay.  Not massive, but any overlay on Stars is a rare thing.

Keith B

• Bronze Member
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2010, 12:21:08 PM »
Badugi is a bit like Razz. ie. low hands best. A is low best hand is A234 O/S. Youre dealt 4 hole cards and you get 3 rounds of draws and betting to make a good hand. pairs or same suits will drop your hand to a 3 card hand. if you make a Badugi, you stand-pat ie dont draw.
hands below 6 are monsters. multi handed, low blinds, anything above Jack high are toilet paper because you"ll generally get outdrawn. the joy of Fixed limit. if you have an A23 badugi its an idea to bet it as youre probably ahead and why give 57j a free chance to outdraw you?

I practiced on play money and freerolls for a while before discovering the fountain of dead money available in Badugi tournies. Its alot of fun as well and breaks up NLHE nicely.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:23:15 PM by Keith B »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »

Badugi is a bit like Razz. ie. low hands best. A is low best hand is A234 O/S. Youre dealt 4 hole cards and you get 3 rounds of draws and betting to make a good hand. pairs or same suits will drop your hand to a 3 card hand. if you make a Badugi, you stand-pat ie dont draw.
hands below 6 are monsters. multi handed, low blinds, anything above Jack high are toilet paper because you"ll generally get outdrawn. the joy of Fixed limit. if you have an A23 badugi its an idea to bet it as youre probably ahead and why give 57j a free chance to outdraw you?

I practiced on play money and freerolls for a while before discovering the fountain of dead money available in Badugi tournies. Its alot of fun as well and breaks up NLHE nicely.

ty

Keith B

• Bronze Member
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »
If that wasnt eloquent and articulate enough. try this.  :D

http://www.playbadugi.com/badugi-rules.html

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2010, 13:14:28 PM »
So in order to make a 4 card hand you must have 4 different suits as opposed to 2-7 draw where you just need to avoid the flush?

Have I understood correctly?
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Keith B

• Bronze Member
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2010, 13:54:36 PM »

So in order to make a 4 card hand you must have 4 different suits as opposed to 2-7 draw where you just need to avoid the flush?

Have I understood correctly?

Correct, not as easy as it sounds. only 50% chance with 3 o/s cards and 3 draws.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2010, 14:12:08 PM »
yep - Badugi is quite an easy drawing game, but there is just loads of dead money in the Stars cash games as people simply don"t know the strategy. Unfortunately, when I try and play it, I contribute to the dead money cos I just don"t have a clue what is the right way to play.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 20:13:57 PM »
Right, I"m in for the Badugi (L) having had a little play earlier - I have an 8am meeting so could be interesting if I go deep  :o

Yesterday I managed to make a small profit playing 2-7 TD having googled the rules 9 mins before the tourney started!!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2010, 20:16:25 PM »
Just satellited into the Badugi (M). So far there"s just 12 registered - me, shaundeeb & 10 unknowns, lol.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 20:25:35 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013