Author Topic: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.  (Read 52476 times)

mary07

Re: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2010, 21:15:13 PM »
Isn"t the whole point of running these is to give APAT members a chance of winning a "token" or "voucher"( as Betfair has put it in the lobby)so they can buy in to a live side event?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2010, 21:22:28 PM »

Isn"t the whole point of running these is to give APAT members a chance of winning a "token" or "voucher"( as Betfair has put it in the lobby)so they can buy in to a live side event?

I"m with you but here"s one for you....

Define "APAT member".....I think you"ll find it harder than you think to include everyone who should be in there.

Clearly the answer is to make these prizes actual tokens that can ONLY be used for WCOAP seats and are non-transferable.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 21:25:18 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2010, 21:25:30 PM »

I can"t believe there are so many complaining about playing against poor standard opponents!

It is a freeroll... what do you expect? Would you prefer to sit at a table full of top class players?

It"s a satellite, sit tight and wait for the chips to come to you.

Please then, kindly tell Betfair not to bother making freerolls any more on behalf of APAT if they are going to be invaded by every 9 year old Russian out there.  I play poker, not Bingo, and if you are still in by playing poker against a table of bingo players, I am very surprised.....!!!!

I had a raise and reraise ahead of me, while holding KK... both called my all-in... one has 8 2, one has 6 7....  67 flopped 2 pair... and luckily I hit a better 2 pair on the river, but how can you call that poker.   I would prefer not to even bother if that happens agai, as I already said...

I"m afraid, if you want the sponsor to stop putting on additional events, with added value, you"ll have to ask them yourself.

BTW, in a satellite, with a raise and a re-raise ahead of you, there"s a case for folding KK PF.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2010, 21:29:16 PM »
Press release

The purpose of this news release is to relay factual information regarding the deployment of the freeroll on Betfair tonight. In response to the furore ILEAS Region 8 Mobile Field Force Team has been deployed.

First, let me say that the Metropolitan Police Department, teamed with other area law enforcement including the APAT moderators rapid response unit led by Capt Leigh Chipaccrual, worked hand in hand with the United Nations Secret Service coordinating the security of what I would consider a successful event.  As one could imagine, the security of such an event taxes all agencies involved.  As plans were being made it became clear that it would be prudent to enlist other resources to be adequately prepared for any crowd problems. Especially an invasion from our colleagues in the Eastern Block.

There are crowd control teams, Mobile Field Force Teams (MFFT), which are equipped, trained and coordinated through ILEAS.  These teams are made up of law enforcement officers from a variety of police agencies from within the ILEAS Region where they work.  Members of these teams are trained and equipped to adequately and appropriately respond to any variety of crowd control issues. 

Due to the number of entrants into the freeroll, it was decided to ask for a MFFT from another region.  Members of the MFFT from Region 8 came to Betfair per our request.  Fifteen members of this team came to assist; they are all employed by other poker enforcement agencies and were paid for their time by their own agencies.

Leading up to the start of the tournament a group of individuals positioned themselves in the lobby.  This was within the area that was to be kept secure by a password that was proven to be less than secure. Prior to the event only passworded individuals were to be in this area; Several APAT member requested these individuals leave the area and to go back to a line East of Poland. They did not comply. No physical force was used during this deployment.

With the exception of this small glitch, the entire event went very smoothly.  I would like to thank everyone from the law enforcement agencies and other city and country departments who assisted with this event. 

Thank you.

Geroid McGabhann

Recipient of the most outrageous outdraw in the history of poker.

Chelsea

• Silver Member
  • 2010 Double Winners...history in the making.
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2010, 21:39:07 PM »
11 UK players left
South London la la la

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2010, 21:42:45 PM »

11 UK players left

3 apaters sitting next to each other MagicAl, RicayJL and totalpants
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

sc0t679

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2010, 21:44:52 PM »

Press release

The purpose of this news release is to relay factual information regarding the deployment of the freeroll on Betfair tonight. In response to the furore ILEAS Region 8 Mobile Field Force Team has been deployed.

First, let me say that the Metropolitan Police Department, teamed with other area law enforcement including the APAT moderators rapid response unit led by Capt Leigh Chipaccrual, worked hand in hand with the United Nations Secret Service coordinating the security of what I would consider a successful event.  As one could imagine, the security of such an event taxes all agencies involved.  As plans were being made it became clear that it would be prudent to enlist other resources to be adequately prepared for any crowd problems. Especially an invasion from our colleagues in the Eastern Block.

There are crowd control teams, Mobile Field Force Teams (MFFT), which are equipped, trained and coordinated through ILEAS.  These teams are made up of law enforcement officers from a variety of police agencies from within the ILEAS Region where they work.  Members of these teams are trained and equipped to adequately and appropriately respond to any variety of crowd control issues. 

Due to the number of entrants into the freeroll, it was decided to ask for a MFFT from another region.  Members of the MFFT from Region 8 came to Betfair per our request.  Fifteen members of this team came to assist; they are all employed by other poker enforcement agencies and were paid for their time by their own agencies.

Leading up to the start of the tournament a group of individuals positioned themselves in the lobby.  This was within the area that was to be kept secure by a password that was proven to be less than secure. Prior to the event only passworded individuals were to be in this area; Several APAT member requested these individuals leave the area and to go back to a line East of Poland. They did not comply. No physical force was used during this deployment.

With the exception of this small glitch, the entire event went very smoothly.  I would like to thank everyone from the law enforcement agencies and other city and country departments who assisted with this event. 

Thank you.

Geroid McGabhann

Recipient of the most outrageous outdraw in the history of poker.

[/quote this the new script for mission impossable 10 this will self destruct in `10...9...8 :-\

mary07

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2010, 21:45:57 PM »
I see sixofakind has just signed up here after the game started.Do you call him an APAT member.

What I mean by APAT member is ones that have been a member before today when they saw the game in the lobby.
I only follow the UK and Ireland live events so how many European events are held a year?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2010, 21:49:28 PM »

sit tight and wait for the chips to come to you.

with a raise and a re-raise ahead of you, there"s a case for folding KK PF.

Someone needs to check the security of the site cos Alan"s account has been hacked.

You"re gonna fold KK preflop? I"ll believe it when I see it!
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2010, 21:51:54 PM »

I see sixofakind has just signed up here after the game started.Do you call him an APAT member.

What I mean by APAT member is ones that have been a member before today when they saw the game in the lobby.
I only follow the UK and Ireland live events so how many European events are held a year?

I signed up once.... John Woodfield made a pertinent post earlier if you play Apat u r Apat.

Q.E.D (whatever that means)

Ian  ;)
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver

mary07

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2010, 21:53:33 PM »
quod erat demonstrandum, which means "that which was to be demonstrated"

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2010, 21:54:18 PM »

Someone needs to check the security of the site cos Alan"s account has been hacked.

It is a satellite, I would............... probably.................. maybe..............All in  ;D
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2010, 21:56:41 PM »

I said there was a case for it... not that I"d necessarily do it!!  :P
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2010, 22:01:21 PM »

What many do not realise that APAT members aren"t just names on this forum...they include: PokerStars players, BlueSquare players, Betfair players, anyone who has ever played ANY APAT event. There are literally thousands upon thousands of "legitimate" APAT members.

You can certainly argue that these so called "interlopers" aren"t bringing anything to the party but if they have Betfair accounts, they are in APAT.

For the record...I prefer true "tokens" to cash prizes that can be used in any way you want. As I"ve said before, perhaps next time.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Chelsea

• Silver Member
  • 2010 Double Winners...history in the making.
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2010, 22:08:37 PM »
I think the point is no one is against new players joining the APAT world, but that those who win a token to a side event actualy use it. what is the point in entering a freeroll satellite with no intention of taking part.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 22:10:59 PM by Chelsea »
South London la la la