Author Topic: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.  (Read 52460 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

Welcome to APAT Dante.

Welcome to APAT.

Thanks!.... Only I ask to excuse me for my bad English. I read your messages and I write by means of google translator

Don"t worry, my English isn"t that good either!

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
Welcome to APAT Dante. I"m not going to apologise for anyone, they can do that themselves. I think you"ll find we are a pretty good group of poker players as a whole. Hopfully you can make it to one of our live games sometime so you can see we arnt that bad after all.
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
Some shocking behaviour from APAT members last night imo.  Des and Co. work their backsides off to expand APAT and at the very next opportunity, long standing members attack the newbies.  You are only hurting the forum with those types of attacks and slapping the faces of the people who work so hard on your behalf.  WP.  Some people should really be ashamed of themselves right now.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:20:39 AM by Laxie »

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »

I think we are kind of missing the point here. Posters are saying that the people comlaining are not acting in the spirit of APAT. I disagree, I think they are trying to uphold the spirit of APAT. Its obvious, looking back at the posts, that these players were looking for money and nothing else. They are not interested in attending the event in August. Surley that"s what the freeroll was about. If not then scrap all the stuff about the side games and just play for the money. If it"s an actual event for a seat in the side games then give them a seat and add the cash to the prize pool. 

Why would Betfair sponsor a freeroll to the tune of $1550 if they only wanted existing APAT players to enter it? Is that not preaching to the converted?

Poker sites put on freerolls to bring additional traffic to the site. If some of the participants go on to become APAT players, then that is to APAT's benefit. Those that don"t will probably use their $77.50 to continue playing on Betfair, increasing and/or maintaining Betfairs player base and fluidity, paying rake and reg fees... this is "what the freeroll was all about."

Ok Rio, I understand your point of view. So there should be no issues at all with spaming the Internet with the apat "password" so everyone can enter the freeroles and other APAT events then. Fair enough. Let"s see how many seats are available at the next one for existing members.

dante

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2010, 11:30:12 AM »

Welcome to APAT Dante and apologies for the abuse you and others received last night from members of this forum.  It isn"t typical of APAT members to attack like that and unfortunate that ye had to deal with it as your introduction.  It tells a lot about you as a person that you stuck it out without resorting to retaliation - an admirable quality in a person.  Please stick around as we could do with more like you.   :)

Thanks miss Laxie!....never seen anyone with such a beautiful avatar))

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2010, 11:31:46 AM »
Let"s move on shall we. Hopfully the new members will stay APAT members and participate in our regular games and post on the Forum and if they do then great, we become bigger and better. Welcome to the new guys, we were all there at one time or another.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
Oh my.  Yep - you can stay!   :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »

Welcome to APAT Dante and apologies for the abuse you and others received last night from members of this forum.  It isn"t typical of APAT members to attack like that and unfortunate that ye had to deal with it as your introduction.  It tells a lot about you as a person that you stuck it out without resorting to retaliation - an admirable quality in a person.  Please stick around as we could do with more like you.   :)

Thanks miss Laxie!....never seen anyone with such a beautiful avatar))

Welcome Dante

Oh dear did "avatar" get lost in the google translator  ;D ;D ;D ;D

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »
Lol Duke, Shes much better in person Dante.

dante

« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2010, 11:37:59 AM »

Welcome to APAT Dante. I"m not going to apologise for anyone, they can do that themselves. I think you"ll find we are a pretty good group of poker players as a whole. Hopfully you can make it to one of our live games sometime so you can see we arnt that bad after all.

Thanks!... I also have not thought of all of you badly, there there was an opinion only one person, can be at it there was not absolutely good mood that evening, do not think that it  always such rough happens

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2010, 11:38:50 AM »

Just ran  9s 9c into pocket  4d 4h from Dante another Russian (you know my views on Russians)

Obviously  4c on flop

Nh gg wp

ty

Yes,I do it ;D

My ideas:  You had quite normal stack with which it is possible to play.... But you with UTG have made All-In... What for?AA or KK? No Then you simply would make good raise that someone has probably come in pot with a good hand.... The average pair something like 10 10 or 99 or 88, it in the worst for me a case means at you.... Or something like A9,A10
I on SB have thought and have decided to make a call, counting on the second variant, but have not guessed... My stack exceeded yours in some times, therefore I have risked... And me has carried... sorry...And thanks for 77 dollars))
P.S To play about 44-it bad game for my part, very much loose it is played.... But also 99 with UTG are not played All-in with average a stack, it is necessary to look Flop... Both of us have done mistakes, but has carried to me... gl you!

Apologies Dante, I did forget to post that you had a seriously large stack compared to me and I would have done the same. and my ref to Russians was to do with the scoop Pokerstars thingy and you can check back the thread all very tongue in cheek.

Well done and welcome to apat! :)
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2010, 11:39:09 AM »
At the end of the day,,its night time,,,,,,i see this as any other freeroll,,,allsorts entering,,,if this introduces new players to apat,then surely this is a good thing.

I have seen some very honourable comments from some of our new overseas members and would like to welcome them aboard "HMS apat".

I think we all agree a token system would be better in future and im sure this will be noted.

Oh and i believe betfair have put on a satellite tonight with 5 added seats,,,,,well done betfair

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »

Thanks!... I also have not thought of all of you badly, there there was an opinion only one person, can be at it there was not absolutely good mood that evening, do not think that it  always such rough happens

PS- New guy buys the beer!!! Lol

dante

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:19 AM »

I have told a unsuccessful compliment? Forgive me... It is all difficulties of translation))... In Russian I would try to make more gracefully))

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »

I have told a unsuccessful compliment? Forgive me... It is all difficulties of translation))... In Russian I would try to make more gracefully))

No it was a perfect compliment - you two really must meet  ::) ::) ::)