Author Topic: WCOAP Main Event Satellites  (Read 26910 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
WCOAP Main Event Satellites
« on: May 19, 2010, 22:19:46 PM »
APAT are pleased to announce that from Sunday 23rd May 2010, we will be running weekly satellites to the WCOAP Main Event to be held at Dusk Till Dawn, Nottingham.

The satellites will run every Sunday at 7pm (BST), they will be $15.50 with no registration fee, and there will be two seats guaranteed each week.  Further details can be found in the Betfair Poker Lobby.

So whether you have already got your seat, or are yet to buyin, this is a great weekly way to satellite into APAT's biggest event of the year.

Good Luck to everyone that takes part.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 18:39:06 PM by Chipaccrual »

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
Re: WCOAP Main Event Satellites
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 23:29:48 PM »
Thanks Leigh, I think that is a really good idea...  Plenty of chances to get a lesser expensive entry to that game...

I know this sounds like I am just moaning all the time, and I do not want to discourage these satellites, but, there are 4 league games remaining for the team leage, and now all 4 of them games are to be played alongside these satellites...  Couldn"t there have been a non-clashing evening of the week to play these satts?

Cheers
Carl.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 00:00:37 AM »
great news ;D
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 07:25:15 AM »
Yea excellent - def intend to play a gd few of these
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »
Excellent news. Carl you are a moaning mini, most people these days are quite capable of multi tabling 2 tables! ;) Unfortunately I don"t think I can make this one as Cricket clashes. Any way I think Leigh was going to give me a ME seat for winning the last competition, isn"t that right Leigh? :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 09:20:42 AM by Mikeyboy9361 »
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »

Excellent news. Carl you are a moaning mini, most people these days are quite capable of multi tabling 2 tables! ;) Unfortunately I don"t think I can make this one as Cricket clashes. Any way I think Leigh was going to give me a ME seat for winning the last competition, isn"t that right Leigh? :)

LOL Mikey.  Yep we"re in the big league now.  We"ve gone from giving away any sort of poker tat, to live national seats.  If only we could.

I will make sure that you get an exclusive item from APAT's Merchandising range.  Have I said when that will be launched ?   ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
Just to clairify how these satellites will be paid out, as we don"t half make it complicated for Betfair at times, but they have been really good at meeting our demands so far.   ;D

These satellites will qualify you for a Day 1b seat.  If you have already bought in direct for either a Day 1a or Day 1b seat, then you will be able to unregister and get your buyin back.

If you have not yet got a seat and wish to change it from a Day 1b to a Day 1a, then you will need to contact Betfair and they will sort that for you.

If you have already satellited in for the main event, then please don"t be greedy.   ;)

At the moment, both days have a reasonable capacity remaining, this process may need to be reviewed as we get closer to selling out.

And just to clarify, Betfair are guaranteeing 2 seats every week.  As long as the demand is there, we will keep running the satellites.

It"s down to the players to play.  I"ll get the message out there, but you guys need to ensure the demand for these to allow them to continue.

And regarding the choice of Sundays, yes it does clash with the League games every other week.  Carl is quite right that not all players like to multitable, but we are always trying to balance it out.  The last thing we want is for members to feel that they need to be online playing APAT events every night of the week, so a Sunday is normally quite a popular day for players anyway.

Leigh
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:58:59 AM by Chipaccrual »

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »

These satellites will qualify you for a Day 1b seat.  If you have already bought in direct for either a Day 1a or Day 1b seat, then you will be able to unregister and get your buyin back.

If you have not yet got a seat and wish to change it from a Day 1a to a Day 1b, then you will need to contact Betfair and they will sort that for you.

I suspect one or more of these a"s and b"s may be incorrect?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »

If you have not yet got a seat and wish to change it from a Day 1a to a Day 1b, then you will need to contact Betfair and they will sort that for you.

I suspect one or more of these a"s and b"s may be incorrect?

You are quite right Alan, I have adjusted it now.  ty.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »

If you have not yet got a seat and wish to change it from a Day 1b to a Day 1a, then you will need to contact Betfair and they will sort that for you.

What if you already have a Day 1a seat... can you change a satellite day 1b seat to day 1a?

I"m assuming the answer is yes, but it doesn"t quite read that way.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 13:28:48 PM »

What if you already have a Day 1a seat... can you change a satellite day 1b seat to day 1a?

I"m assuming the answer is yes, but it doesn"t quite read that way.

Yes, Betfair will move your seat to a Day 1a and then you can unreg your direct buyin.

So many scenarios, we should be able to cover most circumstances.

cuzza23

• Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 18:38:16 PM »

APAT are pleased to announce that from Sunday 22nd May 2010, we will be running weekly satellites to the WCOAP Main Event to be held at Dusk Till Dawn, Nottingham.

The satellites will run every Sunday at 7pm (BST), they will be $15.50 with no registration fee, and there will be two seats guaranteed each week.  Further details can be found in the Betfair Poker Lobby.

So whether you have already got your seat, or are yet to buyin, this is a great weekly way to satellite into APAT's biggest event of the year.

Good Luck to everyone that takes part.

Think you might have the date wrong, is sunday not the 23rd???? or do you mean the saturday 22nd. Thought I might just point this out, sorry
APAT UK championships ME 2010 - 5th place cash
APAT ECOAP 6 max 2012 - 6th place cash
APAT UK championships ME 2013- 11th place cash
APAT UK team championships 2017-5th place finish (ColdstreamPKR)
Back to back to back APAT WSOP FANTASY POKER WINNER 2017/2018/2019

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 18:40:10 PM »

Think you might have the date wrong, is sunday not the 23rd???? or do you mean the saturday 22nd. Thought I might just point this out, sorry

Okay, this has clearly not been one of my better posts.  ;)  Sorted it now.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 18:49:14 PM »

Okay, this has clearly not been one of my better posts.  ;)  Sorted it now.

But your apologies are always perfect!  :D
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 19:41:45 PM »

LOL Mikey.  Yep we"re in the big league now.  We"ve gone from giving away any sort of poker tat, to live national seats.  If only we could.

I will make sure that you get an exclusive item from APAT's Merchandising range.  Have I said when that will be launched ?   ;)

Apology accepted Leigh, thanks for the ME seat.  :D
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013