Author Topic: WCOAP Main Event Satellites  (Read 26960 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: WCOAP Main Event Satellites
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 20:53:19 PM »

Players ?  What do they know.   ???

The holding tank currently has 100 in it.  I have just regged and unregged myself, and it is fine.

The cap is 150 in each holding tank.  Trust me.   ;D

all well and good, and of course you are trusted (ummmm), but having secured an APAT seat (gold dust!) it would just feel wrong to be unregistering and taking a risk, no matter how minimal.

surely the fix is easy - just have a separate new holding tank for Satellite winners - that way people could stay registered in the main holding tank, and try and win a satellite to get a place in the Satellite winner holding tank.... once achieved, they then unregister from the main holding tank.

I agree.  Betfair were trying to keep admin down to a minimum.  I will speak to them.

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 20:53:39 PM »

Players ?  What do they know.   ???

The holding tank currently has 100 in it.  I have just regged and unregged myself, and it is fine.

The cap is 150 in each holding tank.  Trust me.   ;D

all well and good, and of course you are trusted (ummmm), but having secured an APAT seat (gold dust!) it would just feel wrong to be unregistering and taking a risk, no matter how minimal. [/b][/color]

surely the fix is easy - just have a separate new holding tank for Satellite winners - that way people could stay registered in the main holding tank, and try and win a satellite to get a place in the Satellite winner holding tank.... once achieved, they then unregister from the main holding tank.

and this is why there were only 13 registered tonight.

and next week and ....

like Cameron and Clegg, you will have to win the confidence of the members.
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 21:01:34 PM »
Members want more satellites, we give them more satellites.

13 players register.  The details are all there, but if they are not supported, there"s not a lot I can do about it.

We won"t be able to continue running satellites for a minority of players, well certainly not with a guarantee.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 21:04:37 PM »

13 players register.  The details are all there, but if they are not supported, there"s not a lot I can do about it.

We won"t be able to continue running satellites for a minority of players, well certainly not with a guarantee.

to be fair Leigh, I think the comments about risk are particularly pertinent, and probably go a long way to explain the very low registration for this satellite.  I don"t think it"s anything to do with not supporting APAT.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 21:07:04 PM »

Fair point - I was just cautious when it said I could not - next one I will unreg and give it a whirl

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 21:31:20 PM »

to be fair Leigh, I think the comments about risk are particularly pertinent, and probably go a long way to explain the very low registration for this satellite.  I don"t think it"s anything to do with not supporting APAT.

I"m not criticising anyones support, I"m just not sure what the risk is in playing these satellites ?

The only problem that has arisen is that if you are already regged for Day 1b, then you need to unreg to be able to play the satellites.  Players may choose not to do that, but whilst the holding tank is only two thirds full, it is not really an issue.

Any problems, and I am around to get them sorted for people.

To be honest, my personal issue is that I get onto Betfair saying that the APAT members are asking for more satellites and that a guarantee of seats would help assure a satellite worth playing in, and then we don"t get close to the guarantee.

That"s my problem to solve, but it is a very frustrating one.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 21:41:51 PM »
I think it maybe the lack of faith, or rather lack of confindence with Betfair rather than anytihng APAT have or haven"t done.

Lots of people have had probs depositing, Talk Talk issue, and with hole cards showing then not, regging with tournaments, so its a genereal lack of trust with Betfair that if u do unreg it"ll be plain sailing to get back in.

That said, 13 is still very low by APAT standards, so I can only think that above is the main / only  reason.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 21:58:17 PM »
probs main reason is everyone was BBQing!!!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 22:42:01 PM »
I didn"t get one of your facebook invites either - were they sent?

I only happened upon it looking for the League Match, otherwise I wouldn"t have known about it and there would only have been 12.

I think that you assurances have certainly put my mind at ease and I"ll be there for the next one.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 22:51:12 PM »

I didn"t get one of your facebook invites either - were they sent?

I didn"t send one for these as they will be a weekly thing.  Perhaps I should have, although I don"t want to get accused of constantly spamming people.  ( I know how much it annoys me, when people invite me to every event available  ;D )

We will live and learn, and I"m sure these will be popular for a while.

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 23:43:53 PM »
You never Spam me mate - you keep me informed ;)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 14:17:20 PM »

Maybe it would have been double, if the 1b players were actually allowed to register?  Also maybe it would have been more if it were not the first summer weekend of the year.  Also remember, there will be 2 less players each week.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 15:11:57 PM »
Too risk-averse, these poker players. Leigh has said there is no risk, so he would be in a pretty awkward spot if it wasn"t true. Don"t cancel them yet Leigh, there might be some delayed take-up - I know a few others who might have played but were travelling back from another event.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

AllanD23

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 19:50:52 PM »
another reason turnout may have been low is youcan"t play something if you don"t know it"s on...yesterday, i checked this page  http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=5828.0    to see if any apat tourneys last night, none mentioned, also logged in to see if there were any apat tourneys last night and when didn"t see any before scottish pro holding tank, closed betfair down...one of the other problems you had i think (and this is a guess) is that the tourney doesn"t appear in the "all" list and this would be why i didn"t see it  (i only filter out completed tourneys so def not that)... i don"t look at the satellite tab as i assume they"re all included in the all tab but perhaps not...
will definitely give some of these sats a go now that i know they"re on...would agree with others that perhaps sunday isn"t the best day for it, midweek would be better i think, particularly with the summer weather...
would also disagree that most people can multi-table...well, maybe they can have two tables up but a lot of people will make mistakes due to having the two tourneys running and not being used to the additional concentration required so might as well just play the one to increase their chances...
might be an idea to update that page above with the new info as well...or should i have been looking somewhere else?
also out of curiosity, i"m sure we used to get emails regularly advising of such things...did they stop when you moved to betfair ? (in fact, don"t remember getting many once you moved to bluesquare)...

Allan D.

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 20:19:35 PM »
1b players were able to register but they had to un-register first. Some were afraid of doing this in case they could not re-register if unsuccessful in the sat. I un-registered and re-registered. Leigh has assured us that there is a 150 player cap on the holding tank so no probs there.

Leigh has also said that he will spam us with details of other sats via facebook invites.

As far as summer nights are concerned we"ve had both of them.

So it all looks well for the next one.

As for making mistakes with 2 tables open - I can do that very well with just 1.