Author Topic: Poker Forum or Facebook wanna be?  (Read 2522 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Poker Forum or Facebook wanna be?
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
Just a reflection really, has this Forum has become less of a Poker discussion forum and more of a social networking site? The APAT forum was the first Poker type forum I ever looked at and TBH is the one I still follow more than any other, but my favourite part of the site was where players discussed hands played and their thought processes. These seem now to be very few and far between, and heavily interspersed with Birthday greetings, tales of various drinking bouts, and gripes about Betfair! ( very valid by the way)
In the month of May only 4 posts were made on the Academy part of the forum, and one of them was one I posted which only got two replies! Surely this should be the essence of a poker forum? Bring back Noble, thats what I say!

European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
Re: Poker Forum or Facebook wanna be?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
Not sure really, I think a lot of things do get discussed around the poker side, but a lot of times now its case of exceptional circumstances when the regular users post a hand for analysis because generally the level of play is probably higher than when it started and a lot of things are now par for the course. I think an influx of new blood might change this but I don"t think the website is promoted that much and therefore attraction of new members is more of a stumble upon.

just my thoughts on the matter
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:17:54 PM »
I agree it would be good to get some more decent hands on here to discuss.  However, I don"t think there is any point in posting a hand for the sake of it.  A lot of the time this just ends up to be a bad beat section and that isnt good for anyone to learn from.  I

I think there should be 5/6 good players chosen who the hands are sent to before hand, then these players can give there opinions, and the hand and these players opinions are posted originally and people comment on the discussion.  I think people may be more iclined to post in hands, as they will be assured to get good responses, and it is also more likely to get a good discussion going.

Picking the players is the tough part, but people like G2L and dean always give good analysis and seem pretty good choices.

Just my $0.02...
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »
would be helpful to all if:

results of the hand were omitted in the OP
some reads were given on the opposition - either general or stats if using online tracker
proper hand histories were used if possible
details of stage of tournament etc.

however the main problem seems to be that most are just disguised bad beat stories and not really worthy of much analysis.

But also people should be encouraged to answer as well before results are known
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 14:57:23 PM »
Sadly I hardly come on here that much anymore and its almost entirely down to having to wade through the 50000000000 threads for the league games when I click read unread posts.  They really do clog up what was a good forum  >:( :"(