Author Topic: Live APAT hand which has been bugging me  (Read 12304 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Live APAT hand which has been bugging me
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »

Oh yeah, 20bb. I just shove then. Limping isn"t bad if you have reads.

Think open shoving is pretty bad here.  Our purpose shud be to get people to commit chips with worse.  Shoving is prob not the best way to do this.

smalll standard raise and hope one of the blinds shoves.... when they both shove, to use a "Noble1ism", it"s time to put bra on head, close eyes, and call.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 08:33:52 AM »

Oh yeah, 20bb. I just shove then. Limping isn"t bad if you have reads.

Think open shoving is pretty bad here.  Our purpose shud be to get people to commit chips with worse.  Shoving is prob not the best way to do this.

smalll standard raise and hope one of the blinds shoves.... when they both shove, to use a "Noble1ism", it"s time to put bra on head, close eyes, and call.

Open shoving with AQ is only bad if you"re only shoving with that end of your range.

If you"re open shoving with a wider range then the blinds could call knowing they beat your range - and then get annoyed when it turns out you"re near the top of it.

Not applicable in this circumstance given the other hands - but just suggesting that saying that, "open shoving with AQ is pretty bad", is an overgeneralisation. i.e. You can still get other players to commit their chips with worse by doing this, depending on how you"ve been playing previously.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »
Its hard to have too balanced a range in spots like this as you will not have played enough hands w/ villain.  Hard to have a balanced range in a 100 hand sample.

We also do not always get called by hands that we dominate by open shoving, but most will 3b or call w/ those hands if we open small.  Plus, unless we have a LOT of history, or the blinds are far superior players w/ big stacks who play well oop, then open shoving 20x otb w/ AQ isnt good.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »

Its hard to have too balanced a range in spots like this as you will not have played enough hands w/ villain.  Hard to have a balanced range in a 100 hand sample.

We also do not always get called by hands that we dominate by open shoving, but most will 3b or call w/ those hands if we open small.  Plus, unless we have a LOT of history, or the blinds are far superior players w/ big stacks who play well oop, then open shoving 20x otb w/ AQ isnt good.

I"m not a villian  >:(

;D
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »

I"m not a villian  >:(

;D

apologies :)
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »