Author Topic: BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB SUMMER DEEPSTACK 2010 REPORT  (Read 5278 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB SUMMER DEEPSTACK 2010 REPORT
« on: July 18, 2010, 22:57:39 PM »
Well.....what a superb event this turned out to be !

We kicked off just after 4pm with 23 runners including Proffessional player Paul "ActionJack" Jackson and his Son Ben and that generated a prizepool in excess of £1000 with the top 5 places getting paid.

Both Paul and Ben were seated on Table 1 and Paul agreed to deal despite having only returned from Vegas 24 hours earlier and his dealing saw us lose our first player when Tod Wood, having limped and got 6 callers, shoved all-in after Brian Yates raised it to 700 on the Button. Tod shoved his final 2725 and Brian said "Have you limped wth a monster ?" and called. Tod had limped with a monster that was   kc    kd   and Brian had    js    jh   but the   jd   on the flop and   jc  on the turn saw Tod taking the card round as first player out.

FIRST BREAK LEADERS
1. AJAY CHOHAN  17450
2. MATT WRIGHT  17425
3. NATHAN HARRIS  17175
4. ANDY DUNCAN  1700

Brian was also responsible for the next exit and once again he made a call when behind.  Paul Foy was down to just 3k when he shoved on the button. Brian made the call in the blinds with   kh   qd   but Paul had the lead with his   ac    js  but Nathan Harris decided to take on the "Mystic Meg" roll by announcing "Queen", just before the     qc   flopped to send a seething Mr Foy to the rail.

Mystic Meg,s chips were going up and down like Jordan"s knickers but he made a big error on an    ac    :3h:    7c   flop by shoiving on Andy Kingan, whose   ad    :3d:   was well ahead of Nathan"s    ah    :2c:

Will Young was the first player not on table 1 to be eliminated as Steve Freer knocked him out. Will went on to be taken to the cleaners in a cash game, then on the way home got pulled for speeding AND not wearing a seat belt !!  approx £260 out of pocket and 3 points on the licence......you run bad Sir !!

A surprisingly subjued and close-cropped Steve "Scouse" Bayliff was out in 19th, the first victim of Pub-gaffer Ajay Chohan and Steve Freer followed in 18th, but celebrated his Birthday by fleecing the rest in the wild cash games that followed.

DINNER BREAK COUNTS
1. PAUL JACKSON  27400
2. MATT WRIGHT  25750
3. ROB HEWLITT  23100
4. ANDY DUNCAN  21475
5. ANDY KINGAN  19400

Down to 2 tables and Andy Overton, suitable attired in his poker player "uniform" of hoody, shades and menacing look, got his chips in with   9d    9s   against Alan Waters    8c    8s   with Matt Wright announcing that "I passed an 8".....unfortunately for Andy, he hadn"t passed TWO eights and the    8h    saw Andy out 17th.

Steve Redfern, in superb recent form that has seen him move to No.1  in the All-Time BCPC rankings, got his chips in good with    ac    kh   against Harry Ward"s    ad    js   on a 3-diamond turn  but  a 4th diamond on the river gave Harry the nuts and Steve was out in a disappointing 16th.

Debjani Duncan"s tourney ended when she shoved    td    th   into Ajay"s    qc    qh    and Alan Waters went in 14th. 

13TH player to exit was  Stuart Slater  when he ran    ad    tc   into Matt Wright"s   9c    9d   and that left us with 12 players at the end of level 6.

CHIPCOUNTS AT LEVEL 6
1.  HARRY WARD  36050
2.  PAUL JACKSON  31600
3.  MATT WRIGHT  23550
4.  MARC WARD  23000
5.  BEN JACKSON  21400
6.  ANDY DUNCAN  18550
7.  ANDY KINGAN  17000
8.  ROB HEWLITT  16700
9.  BRIAN YATES  12800
10. ANT WILLIAMS  11400
11. MALCOLM HOWELL  10900
12. AJAY CHOHAN  9900        

There then followed a period of more than 2 hours where no player went out but when Marc Ward (wearing the "Shirt Of Shame" ) got it all in with   ad    qc    against Father Harry with    :as:    6h    he was delighted until Harry flopped a pair with    qh    ts    6c   and then the    6d   on the turn sealed the deal.

Harry was in a good position after seeing off Malcolm Howell in 11th place but Ajay Chohan had moved from last to first and that left the chipstacks looking like this after level 8

1.  AJAY CHOHAN  55400
2.  PAUL JACKSON  34850
3.  HARRY WARD 34550
4.  BEN JACKSON  24500
5.  MATT WRIGHT  23550
6.  ANT WILLIAMS  14250
7.  BRIAN YATES  12900
8.  ANDY DUNCAN  12200
9.  ANDY KINGAN  11000
10.  ROB HEWLITT  10400

The average was 23000 and there was a definite "top and bottom" feel to the counts and with the Final Table awaiting, the short-stacks had to make a move.
  The defining hand of the night wasn"t long in coming.  Brian Yates shoved his 14k in with    ac    :3d:   but then saw Ben Jackson call. Rob Hewlitt then also shoved and with Ben having the other 2 covered, showed    qh    qs   only for Rob to turn over    ah    :as:   . Rob was a 70% favourite pre-flop and that became 85% on the    jc    9d    4h   flop.  But despite being just 2% to  win the hand,  dealer Debjani Duncan sent out a miracle    :2c:   turn and     5s   to send Brian to the Final Table with a healthy 45000 stack and Rob to the rail.

Casualties soon followed and in 3 hands we lost Andy Duncan   ad    6c   to Andy Kingan    qd    qh   and then Ant Williams    9c     9h   to  Paul Jackson    kh     ks       .

7-handed now and Andy Kingan raised UTG to 3000 and Brian called him in the SB.  The flop came    :2s:     4c    5h    and Andy check-raised all-in with     kd    kh   only to be dismayed as Brian turned over    :as:    ac    and after earlier passing Q-Q face-up, Andy was out in 7th.

Now on the money bubble and Paul Jackson was lookin a hot favourite to win until he lost a monster pot to the inexperience of Ajay, who bet on every street with no pair against Paul"s 9-9, only to river a flush and cripple him.....Ajay cripples "A-J" would be the headline I guess and soon afterwards he was out to Son Ben"s   qd    qc   .

On the very next hand Harry Ward exited with £92 in 5th place as Matt Wright found    ad1    ad   against Harry"s    js    jh   but Matt then  lost a big pot and eventually exited in 4th after playing a fine game, collecting £138.

3 handed and Brian raises the button but a re-raise from Ajay and an all-in from Ben saw Brian pass    :as:    7h     . Ajay"s    ah    ks   was well ahead of Ben"s    ac    js   and Ben was out with £168.

Heads-up and the stacks were pretty even with both having around 60 BB"s but the final hnd saw a board of    jd    7d    4d   and Brian checked. Ajay bet and was called.  The turn brought the    6h   and Brian bet 5000, only for Ajay to raise to 15000. Brian re-raises to 45000 and Ajay calls.  the turn of   ks   saw Brian shove and Ajay called with    js    9c  which was no match for Brian"s    9d    td   and 2 hands later it was all over, Ajay delighted to collect £260 with Brian winning the event for a £500 payday.

A special Thank-You to Paul and Ben Jackson who I hope enjoyed the event as much as we enjoyed having them there and we would hope to see them both again in the future. Paul....you are a credit to the game and some of the Pro"s out there could learn a lot about attitude from you.

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: BLACK COUNTRY POKER CLUB SUMMER DEEPSTACK 2010 REPORT
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 23:11:05 PM »
This was a top event Bri - great job organising!!

Cheers to Ben and Paul - presence was welcomed and appreciated..... class was evident!!

And huge congratz to Brian for a great game, well played!

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 23:22:49 PM »
..........and then Brian woke up,sadly it was just a dream.Everyone knows JJ never hits quads against KK.Mear mortals are always "holding" KK when someone has AA.We never flop flushes and only in our wildest dreams does A3 ever smash AA and QQ.

FFs Bri,next you"ll be telling us youv"e bagged the England gig...........  ::)

"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 00:26:42 AM »
LOL Ant. Yes. I do realise it was one of "Those" nights.
You should have one sometime :)
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:43:04 AM »
Nice report

I do have a question Brian

"Who is this Brian that you keep referring to?"
;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »
Sounds a great event, so its not just Steve R that runs like God  ;) Would love to play when you have your next event.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »

Sounds a great event, so its not just Steve R that runs like God  ;) Would love to play when you have your next event.

Yeah I ran like God - I managed to lose only half my stack with AK on a A22xx board to a guy who had A2, then having built back up to a top 6 stack, lost the lot with AK v AJ on a Axx flop - runner runner flush killed me.

I run like God - just not sure which God though.

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
Good tourmey Bri , cheers ! And i must lost volume with hair loss lol

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »

Yeah I ran like God - I managed to lose only half my stack with AK on a A22xx board to a guy who had A2, then having built back up to a top 6 stack, lost the lot with AK v AJ on a Axx flop - runner runner flush killed me.

I run like God - just not sure which God though.

Ask Ianski about losing to runner runner straight, I was really really sorry  :) Still running LG on Betfair though Steve. :)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 14:25:30 PM »
Mikey.....will post on here when we next hold an "Open" event, probably around Christmas. We also hope to have a website up and running soon but that is Andy Overton"s department.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 15:08:07 PM »
Ask Ianski about losing to runner runner straight, I was really really sorry  :)

A home game last Friday - you"re all-in pre with ATo and I call with AK, flop was 4K7, turn is J, river is Q. I"ve never heard you say sorry so many times... in fact I"ve never heard you say sorry before  :D ;D

Definitely post it up here next time Brian, we might be able to bring a car full.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Luke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 15:41:29 PM »

..........and then Brian woke up,sadly it was just a dream.Everyone knows JJ never hits quads against KK.Mear mortals are always "holding" KK when someone has AA.We never flop flushes and only in our wildest dreams does A3 ever smash AA and QQ.

FFs Bri,next you"ll be telling us youv"e bagged the England gig...........  ::)

Typical Ant, not metioned throughout the whole report until that is the exit hand!

Though for once, at least you werent holding Aces! :-)
The Executioner

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 16:01:17 PM »
enjoyable reading boing, lol at septic peg and unlucky will [sry will , i found it funny] :)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 17:40:04 PM »
Ant never does much before he goes out.....though I did forget to mention that I doubled him up with K-10 against his A-Q.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:33 AM »
Nice work Bri - well done on the win and on the event. It was short for me but, until the JJ v KK fiasco  :"( very sweet. Can"t wait for the next one. Laters!
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful