Author Topic: Betfair 2 Software  (Read 3052 times)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
Betfair 2 Software
« on: July 22, 2010, 21:54:15 PM »
Please can somebody tell me that APAT have knowledge whether the tournaments that a lot of us are sitting in a holding tank, are all going to be transferred over to the new server operator without any hassle to ourselves?

It just worries me, thats all..

Carl.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
Re: Betfair 2 Software
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 22:29:36 PM »
I don"t see any problem Carl, it"s not as if it is an online tournament.

Betfair have only collected the money on behalf of APAT. I"m sure Betfair are good for a couple of bob. They only have to pass the funds over to APAT in time for the live tourney, an accounting matter.

They haven"t failed so far and I don"t see the change of software having any effect upon that. Betfair are not being bought out, or merging with another company, they are just joining another network.

Don"t worry and take a chill pill mate ;)
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 22:35:06 PM »

I don"t see any problem Carl, it"s not as if it is an online tournament.

Betfair have only collected the money on behalf of APAT. I"m sure Betfair are good for a couple of bob. They only have to pass the funds over to APAT in time for the live tourney, an accounting matter.

They haven"t failed so far and I don"t see the change of software having any effect upon that. Betfair are not being bought out, or merging with another company, they are just joining another network.

Don"t worry and take a chill pill mate ;)

I am not sure I questioned how much money Betfair have got.!!  Next week when we are on a new network, and we all realise there aint no holding tank any more for lots of games with lots of names, I aint worried about the £40k sittin in the acct, I am more worried that someone knew all the names in all the lists of games.. 

If you think we will be safe, then good for you, but, I have worked in the computer industry for over 20 years and I have seen many an upgrade gone wrong because someone forgot something.  I am merely asking that APAT have had their input to check that the important things to APAT have not been forgotten..!!

Carl..
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 00:55:17 AM »
Already raised these concerns with Betfair, and have been assured it is all being dealt with accordingly.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:39 AM »

Already raised these concerns with Betfair, and have been assured that all names will be put in a hat, given a shake, thrown in the air, and those first to land will be put in the tournament on the new site.

whew, that"s ok then.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:28 AM »

Already raised these concerns with Betfair, and have been assured that all names will be put in a hat, given a shake, thrown in the air, and those first to land will be put in the tournament on the new site.

whew, that"s ok then.

LOL, yep that Betfair! But Carl is sooo right!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »

whew, that"s ok then.

If it puts anyones mind at rest, I can assure you that I will be in charge of the hat and the shaking, and Tighty will be keeping an eye on which ones land first.  So it will be fine.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »
Thank god for that.  I must be able to take my chill pill now..!! :)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:01:52 AM »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »

Thank god for that.  I must be able to take my chill pill now..!! :)

Betfair assure me it is all in hand Carl, and I also have a list of all players in the holding tanks.  Obviously that can change from time to time as I am doing that manually, but we should have enough backups in place during the software changeover.

When we first got told about this, I like you, straight away thought of the problems with software upgrades etc, it is a very valid point you make.

Much appreciated.   ;D