Author Topic: Satt to World Online last night  (Read 3023 times)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
Satt to World Online last night
« on: July 22, 2010, 22:23:56 PM »
During the game last night, something odd happened in a hand I was playing...  I will try to explain...

we were at 150 / 300 blinds...  I had 18.5k chips...

I got dealt a high pocket pair... I raise pre to 975...  Cormach calls....

Flop 7 2 5 with 2 spades...

Cormach bets 1200+ so I over-reraise to 6200...  Cormach calls...  Pot is now 15,000 and Cormach only has 3k back to my 11k...

Turn is a Jack...  Cormach is first to act, and i am waiting a few secs, willing him to push in but waiting for maybe 10 secs...  then...

The 15k pot moves his way, as the software just folded me... 

I could not believe it, I was already chip leader and as far as I was concerned, so far ahead I was not gonna lose..

I was left with 11.5k and had to get on with it...

I did however eventually make it to the final 8 players and satt"d into the game on Saturday.  And so did Cormach...

While playing, I did open a helpdesk ticket with Betfair... And tonight they have responded that during the game last night there was a technical error which may have led to disconnections.  I did not think that I was disconnected, not sure if the other people on my table thought I was.  I know that immediately that the chips moved to Cormach, I spoke as normal asking what happened there..!!

None of that was Cormach"s fault, he was just the one to benefit from whatever happened.

I guess that my eventual result by getting one of the seats was eventually justice, although saying that, Betfair have refunded my buyin for that tournament.

I was honestly very disappointed at what happened at the time, and, people know I am not a fan of the betfair client, and this sort of problem could have cost somebody a lot of money, but not me on this occasion, so, I guess, with a week remaining until they go onto their new software, I will give them another chance, although, we still have to play the World Online, on this godforsaken software.

Carl..

www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: Satt to World Online last night
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
Wow ! Scary stuff.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:48:30 AM »

The 15k pot moves his way, as the software just folded me... 

That happened to me about a month ago, but the pot was so small that I couldn"t be bothered going through the whole performance with Betfair. It was still annoying though...
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »
this happened to me in the freeroll 2 weeks ago I raised with garbage & Mikeyboy went all in with AQ, I was going to fold anyway but my hand was folded straight away, I went on & pretended I had 99. Just lucky I had no hand I spose.
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 13:03:00 PM »
Also happened to me

I was connected when the screen froze for a few seconds then my hand was folded but I never lost connection.    

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 17:27:05 PM »

this happened to me in the freeroll 2 weeks ago I raised with garbage & Mikeyboy went all in with AQ, I was going to fold anyway but my hand was folded straight away, I went on & pretended I had 99. Just lucky I had no hand I spose.

I was trying to remember where I had seen it recently !!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 19:24:39 PM »
I"ve had this as well.

A mate works at Betfair and he told me about the new software earlier.

Basically Betfair players will be amalgamated with many other companies players who use the same platform. Each will see their own "front page" (i.e. we will see betfairs) but we will all be playing together under a "grouped" software package. This is supposed to mean that because there are many more players involved, the number of games will increase, as will the variety. It seems to me that Betfair, as with many others, prefer this route rather than developing their own high end software ala Pokerstars and Full Tilt. Not sure how I feel about this. Any comments?
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 01:02:47 AM »
ANYTHING is a million miles better than their current pile of garbage.  The software in general is just rubbish, but, as my occurence is not obviously a one-off, what happened to me on Wednesday would mean I NEVER play on a particular site again.

If you cant trust a site, you cant seriously play it..
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.