Author Topic: AK sooooooooted - on the bubble  (Read 17627 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: AK sooooooooted - on the bubble
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 11:19:21 AM »
3b/folding in this spot would be pretty dire so snappity snap snap.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
stop slowrolling already
Looking forward to making my first day 2

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »

3b/folding in this spot would be pretty dire so snappity snap snap.

Why 3b in the first place (rather than shoving) if you"re never folding? Are you raising for information or not? Or is it purely a raise to induce? Is there any situation here where you 3 bet fold eg shove, shove?
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
Shoving lets villains play pretty perfectly and turns our hand face-up.  We are 3betting for value here, and our raise rize shud be to induce.  I prob make it 24k here when I 3b to allow villain to shove a bit wider.

There are def sit"s when I 3b fold.  All my air hands obv do, and I would rather 3b fold my marginal hands than flat behind.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »
I had intended to call a shove. 

But, then I saw a tell that made me think again.

This is probably the reason I posted this on here.  Is it right to make a decision based on a tell?  How certain do I have to be that my read is right?  Is it possible to place a percentage on it, or is it just something that should (or shouldn"t) help me decide what I do in this specific, one-off  situation.

Is letting a read dictate, or at least guide my play a mistake here?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 12:48:36 PM »
what was the tell, did she flash her cards at you?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »

what was the tell, did she flash her cards at you?

So rude!

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 13:57:23 PM »
Regardless of reads I think we are commited in this spot.  If we are deeper then we can maybe 3b fold if they are giving off a lot of strength, but not <40x.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 14:15:00 PM »
Dancing on the table wooping and hoolering is not a tell
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 16:15:54 PM »
U probably should pick up this "tell" before you decide to 3 bet. You know you"ve turned you hand into a bluff here Dan if you fold
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 16:23:56 PM »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 16:27:25 PM »

This is probably the reason I posted this on here.  Is it right to make a decision based on a tell?  How certain do I have to be that my read is right?  Is it possible to place a percentage on it, or is it just something that should (or shouldn"t) help me decide what I do in this specific, one-off  situation.

tbh Dan this situation should of been thought about pre-flop, if your read that seat 2 wasn"t quite so tight then my whole view would change. The way you described the situation along with some history/reads, i couldn"t imagine seat 2 raising a limper thin, plus u read seat 1 pre as ""maybe"" strong, so preflop is this a profitable situation to reraise?
The 3bet sizing i"d do different if i had played it, 3x to me is to large at this stage with the stack sizes to blinds, 2.3 to 2.6x for me is better in general if up against decent players, it allows for a bit more 3betting when you are pressuring players.
All imho of course, folding a strong hand at times like this can be the best play in an tough/awkward situation,

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 16:41:04 PM »

U probably should pick up this "tell" before you decide to 3 bet.

It wasn"t there to pick up before the bet.  But yes, it would have been better to see it earlier.

You know you"ve turned you hand into a bluff here Dan if you fold

Yes, I see that.  So it"s right to ignore the read and put another 80K in the middle (I think it was actually 90K looking back, but that"s neither here nor there)?

U should have a plan before you 3 bet. What tell did u pick up? They"re over rated. I usually pick up a read and do the opposite cos I"m so crap at live tells :D
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 16:55:20 PM »

tbh Dan this situation should of been thought about pre-flop, if your read that seat 2 wasn"t quite so tight then my whole view would change. The way you described the situation along with some history/reads, i couldn"t imagine seat 2 raising a limper thin, plus u read seat 1 pre as ""maybe"" strong, so preflop is this a profitable situation to reraise?

That"s what I thought with the information available to me at the time. 

The 3bet sizing i"d do different if i had played it, 3x to me is to large at this stage with the stack sizes to blinds, 2.3 to 2.6x for me is better in general if up against decent players, it allows for a bit more 3betting when you are pressuring players.

I think I made it 25K total (my BB was already in there and I took it back and threw in some big chips.  It was 27K-ish).

All imho of course, folding a strong hand at times like this can be the best play in an tough/awkward situation,

It wasn"t awkward until she"d shoved and then I read her as uber-strong that I questioned my plan (to ship the lot in).

My question is should I change my plan now, based on the information I now have, or do I carry on regardless?

Ideally, I"d have folded rather than raising if I"m even contemplating folding now.  I don"t want to be spewing 15% of my stack.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 16:59:03 PM »

U probably should pick up this "tell" before you decide to 3 bet.

It wasn"t there to pick up before the bet.  But yes, it would have been better to see it earlier.

You know you"ve turned you hand into a bluff here Dan if you fold

Yes, I see that.  So it"s right to ignore the read and put another 80K in the middle (I think it was actually 90K looking back, but that"s neither here nor there)?

U should have a plan before you 3 bet. What tell did u pick up? They"re over rated. I usually pick up a read and do the opposite cos I"m so crap at live tells :D

My plan before the 3-bet was to get it all in - even against a very tight player.

I rarely rely on tells and reads, unless they"re staring me in the face.  Funnily enough, it"s easier to read a tight, predictable player than a loose, unpredictable one.  Well, it is in my experience anyway.