Author Topic: Division 3 - Needs Players  (Read 5110 times)

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
Division 3 - Needs Players
« on: August 09, 2010, 21:33:38 PM »
A few observations/questions for the APAT online league organisers please, for your comment:

1) There are a few clubs that would appear to have no members in Division 3 and appear to have never had any members/had very few members ever.

2) Compared to the 2 divisions above we had about a third/quarter of their turnout.

3) I do not recall receiving any notification from APAT that the new league was upon us.

4) How do APAT go about recruiting more players to the online national league?

I would just like to close by saying I am proactive myself in attracting Carlisle players and sent about 300 FB messages and have recruited all the players who played for us last night personally (4), despite not being captain and not having an active captain.

I want the club to do well and will continue to do what I can to increase numbers.  I have even made suggestions to other clubs as to how they can attract players for their teams.

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
Re: Division 3 - Needs Players
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 22:20:34 PM »
 We (Sunderland) started last league with 6 players i think.
To recruit new players i first put a grovelling post on the Betfair forum and that got 5 or 6 extra.
I then put a few grovelling posts on various Sunderland football club forums and that also got a few extra. So try that with Carlisle UTD
I then made a facebook page to try and get people aware.

If all that fails - join team sunderland next league  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 22:22:20 PM by alstorey »

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 22:24:29 PM »
poker player forum.....betfair forum
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

PauletweRoper

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
is it to late to join a team now? im from barrow-in-furness in cumbria looking to join a club not sure which one. how are the prizes divided up?

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »

is it to late to join a team now? im from barrow-in-furness in cumbria looking to join a club not sure which one. how are the prizes divided up?

I think Carlisle team would suit your needs, from the front of the site go to APAT online league and head for northern clubs, should find them there :)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 17:32:07 PM »
I know the idea is to join a local club just incase you wish to meet up "in the flesh" but would it really matter if somebody from Kent joined a club online in Cumbria...?
I joined Liverpool as in the near future I intend to play some "live" games but I suppose it wouldn"t matter if players who signed up for last season, and didn"t play often, sign up for some of the 3rd Division Clubs.

I am just about to try to get some friends to sign up to APAT by way of my Facebook page.
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 17:38:43 PM »

I am just about to try to get some friends to sign up to APAT by way of my Facebook page.

Mention liverpool very loudly Bill  ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 17:43:00 PM »

I know the idea is to join a local club just incase you wish to meet up "in the flesh"

You fancy the Mint 30 squid in Birkenhead this Friday ?  8)

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 23:40:13 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  I have many outlets for poker players across Cumbria, as I have run both pub poker events and larger events for a private members club.  I messaged about 300 players this week.

I was hoping that some of the other points might be addressed by APAT controllers, especially with regard to having clubs in our Division that have no members at all.

Thanks again.  I hope to double the 4 players we had this time out for our next matchday.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 17:23:07 PM »

A few observations/questions for the APAT online league organisers please, for your comment:

1) There are a few clubs that would appear to have no members in Division 3 and appear to have never had any members/had very few members ever.

Yes, this is the case.  When we set up the 30 league clubs, we based it on regional areas with live venues.  Not all of the clubs "live" poker demographic has transferred to an online response.  We will review this at the end of the season, although to be fair, we"ve not been approached by anyone saying that they would like to setup a poker club in any other city.

2) Compared to the 2 divisions above we had about a third/quarter of their turnout.

This will always be the case.  Success in the league is partly based on the volume of players a club has, although they need to be good players aswell.  Therefore it is logical that the clubs higher up the league will attract more players.  Although in saying that, last season, a number of the clubs in Division 3 were getting some of the higher turnouts in teh whole league.

3) I do not recall receiving any notification from APAT that the new league was upon us.

The new league was advertised in the newsletter that went out a few weeks ago to all members.  All APAT facebook group members (over 1500) were invited to the new league.  The forum was bombarded with club threads promoting the league.  The online league has been advertised in numerous poker publications, and is discussed on numerous other poker forums.

4) How do APAT go about recruiting more players to the online national league?

We are already one of the most popular online leagues in the UK.  We regularly get over 200 players on a Sunday night.  We have a structure of Regional Controllers and club captains to promote and welcome new players to the league.  We keep it cheap and fun to play, no registration fees for any of our games, over £5000 of added value seats available across the league each season.

I would just like to close by saying I am proactive myself in attracting Carlisle players and sent about 300 FB messages and have recruited all the players who played for us last night personally (4), despite not being captain and not having an active captain.

I want the club to do well and will continue to do what I can to increase numbers.  I have even made suggestions to other clubs as to how they can attract players for their teams.

It"s with players like yourself that helps the league grow.  We run this league mostly to offer a social, structured league to our members. We don"t force anyone to play it, but the regular numbers and feedback tell us that we are doing things right.

Keep up with the recruiting and you could be following Sunderland into Division 2 and bagging your team some APAT live seats along the way.

Leigh

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 22:16:36 PM »
Thanks Leigh for your succinct reply.

I have found one or two more outlets for recruitment.

I did not give the thought to your number of total players across 3 divisions and I agree that you have a very successful league.  The added prizes are also very attractive.

Great to hear so much positivity at APAT.  I hope I can contribute well to the league and meet some of you at a live game sometime too.