Author Topic: Betfair Poker - General Discussion (the new thread)  (Read 6421 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Betfair Poker - General Discussion (the new thread)
« on: August 13, 2010, 14:35:44 PM »
Please use this thread to discuss any questions or queries you may have regarding using the NEW Betfair Poker Software. I will be closing off the old thread as many of the comments no longer apply.

I"m sure between all of the APAT forum users, we should be able to answer most stuff.

This will also make a good place for the Betfair Poker team to pick up feedback from our members.

This is a badbeat free zone.   ;)   Please go and spend your 50p elsewhere if you have a story to tell.   ;D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: Betfair Poker - General Discussion (the new thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 19:11:46 PM »
Just like to say that I have been having problems playing 2 games at once on the new software ( being folded, calling and then folded, clock running out etc ) didn"t happen on the old betfair  :( :(, I have taken off the avatars as suggested but still not great,
OK -  could be my computer but don"t have any problems on any of the other poker sites ???

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 21:20:51 PM »
I like alot about it tbh.  But not to be able to chat on other tables is annoying for the League Games.   And getting "thrown" out after you have exited so you can"t even say "wp" , "gg" or "you called me with that"  :)
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 21:56:14 PM »
Is it me..or do they not have "Wait Lists" for cash games...WTF?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 22:35:07 PM »
Before they cancelled the Omaha satelite, both Richard and I tried to register for it. I registered ok but when Richard tried from a different computer he was refused entry. Message was "unable to register for this tournament as another user on your network has already registered". We don"t get this when we do the league games. Lucky we both have tickets for the Online Championship game on Saturday and it has allowed us both to register.
The Omaha satelite was not password protected.

Are we going to have this problem on all tournaments that aren"t password protected?
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 23:40:44 PM »
It may be the case, however all APAT tournaments should be password protected so you should not have a problem.

This isn"t a definitive answer btw, Leigh will have that
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 07:13:25 AM »

I like alot about it tbh.  But not to be able to chat on other tables is annoying for the League Games.   And getting "thrown" out after you have exited so you can"t even say "wp" , "gg" or "you called me with that"  :)

+1. There was agreement during the league game that not having the opportunity to abuse your knocker-outer is a major flaw.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Morethanluck

• Silver Member
BETFAIR
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
I realise that Betfair is the current sponsor, but to date I have been very disappointed with them hence my lack of play in the last league series and various other events.

However, I decided to make a fresh start and play in the new league last Sunday to support Team Glasgow (as we had been relegated from League 1 which I felt bad about).

Unfortunately I missed the game due to technical problems (theirs, not mine) and their inability to firstly find my user account, then my funds and then having found both I couldn"t get into the site!  They have not been able to fix this and despite being told I would be called back, it didn"t happen.

I have been in dialogue with them for two weeks now regarding the software upgrade.  This has involved three long calls to the "help" desk and approximately 15 emails.  I still can"t play.

I"ve just finished another 30 minute call without success and despite telling them that I want to play in tonight"s APAT tournament it is "unlikely" that they will be able to call me back today resolve the problem.

Sorry about the "rant", but I"m sorry to say, I"m very disappointed with their lack of customer service  >:(

Craig

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 13:19:06 PM »
Can get in to lobby,,once i launch the table it freezes and keeps disconnecting,,betfair said check for critical updates and latest adobe flash,,done both,no improvement,,,will be at the live events but looks like my apat/betfair online is over for the time being !!!

showdown

• Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 14:46:25 PM »
Anyone seen a way to check your in-game stats?  Pretty much always had this feature in all poker applications, but haven"t seen it yet unless i"m blind and missing some obvious option somewhere.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 18:00:30 PM »
Hmm I talked to soon when I said I was ok. It is now starting to say "Disconneted - try to reconnect" when I log in. The chat keeps rolling but the only way to get in is to kill the process and retry. It usually takes about 4 attempts but once I am in I tend to stay connected.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 18:07:57 PM »

Hmm I talked to soon when I said I was ok. It is now starting to say "Disconneted - try to reconnect" when I log in. The chat keeps rolling but the only way to get in is to kill the process and retry. It usually takes about 4 attempts but once I am in I tend to stay connected.

agree with all of the above , same problems here normally after logging in and you try to switch lobby from cash to sit n go or to MTT comes up with a disconnet and ususally have to close it down and restart
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Morethanluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 21:14:09 PM »
The saga continues...

Two weeks on, 18 emails and another two help line calls - still unable to log on successfully... >:(

Still awaiting a call back from Technical "Support".

I am asking for too much or is this unacceptable?

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 22:40:16 PM »
I can"t log on either, but haven"t contacted them to find out why yet.  Ger did mention I may have to provide age verification for them.  Maybe that"s what you need to do too?

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 22:44:25 PM »

I can"t log on either, but haven"t contacted them to find out why yet.  Ger did mention I may have to provide age verification for them.  Maybe that"s what you need to do too?

they think you"re too old?? that"s not fair  :D
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)