Author Topic: S4 WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2010  (Read 51687 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: WCOAP World Amateur Team Championship 2010
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2010, 15:07:48 PM »

Duno wat time it starts - thus duno wat time is good for me to get there - plus have to check into hotel.

Don"t worry - the Northern Ireland team was 3 hours late last year and it had no effect on their result.

That"s incorrect John.  The three players who turned up late each scored more points than the player who was there on time.  GG Gerard.

and they had a last longer bet  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 15:12:55 PM by SirPerceval »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2010, 15:12:03 PM »

Duno wat time it starts - thus duno wat time is good for me to get there - plus have to check into hotel.

On Thursday, DTD will open at 1:30pm.  The first round of the team event will start at 2:30pm, and if every other tournament DTD have run is anything to go by, it will start at 2:30pm.

I would suggest that team players will want to be at DTD as close to 1:30pm as possible to collect shirts, check in with their captain, reg with DTD if necessary, buy into the event.

Plus there will be a bit of team order admin and photos to do.

Please don"t leave it as a turn up at 2:30 on the dot, soak in the pre-match atmosphere and make a day of it.   ;)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2010, 15:12:19 PM »
Who"s this "Des" guy? only 38 posts? must be a newbie.

Welcome to APAT Des  ;D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2010, 05:09:28 AM »

Personally I"d love the England team to pick players who overplay their 34o out of position as I happen to see at the Vic...  :"(

I dont know if you were on the table or heard about this hand from someone. But the facts are I was on the big blind of 150 and there was a raise to 450 which was called and then the action was back to me. The pot is now 1125 and I decide to see a flop with my 43 suited clubs actually. Now you may think I have overplayed my hand and you are entitled to your opinion. If I miss the flop I have lost 300 chips and fold to the next bet. As it happens I hit two fours for a set and hit the flush draw on the turn. To be honest I think some people might think the pocket Kings were overplayed, by going all in on a paired board, surely your only getting called by someone with the set. I would never play 43 unless I had some chips invested in the hand and was getting decent value to make a call and see a flop. This hand gave me a great foundation early on in the tournament which helped me make it to an eventual 2nd place, therefore I have no regrets about risking 300 chips to win a pot of 20000 or so which is how it turned out. Now back to the thread, if rules are made at the start of a season then surely it"s not right to change them halfway through, having said that Apat is a democratic organisation and if enough people want change then I am sure their views will be taken on board. Everyone would be honoured to play for their country myself included. I do not put myself up as one of the top two english players but the four places have to be decided somehow. This has been stated as the way that the team is chosen and until a different method is put forward and adopted we are all bound by the current rules.

The preflop raise was higher than that (900 instead and not 450 because there was another limper actually) but anyway, you forgot to say that you called a 3000 bet on the flop with low pair and back door flush draw which is, in my humble opinion, criminal to say the least.

perfect float spot IMO - you lost I take it??
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
Where can I find the structure, points system etc for this event?

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 21:50:12 PM »

Personally I"d love the England team to pick players who overplay their 34o out of position as I happen to see at the Vic...  :"(

I dont know if you were on the table or heard about this hand from someone. But the facts are I was on the big blind of 150 and there was a raise to 450 which was called and then the action was back to me. The pot is now 1125 and I decide to see a flop with my 43 suited clubs actually. Now you may think I have overplayed my hand and you are entitled to your opinion. If I miss the flop I have lost 300 chips and fold to the next bet. As it happens I hit two fours for a set and hit the flush draw on the turn. To be honest I think some people might think the pocket Kings were overplayed, by going all in on a paired board, surely your only getting called by someone with the set. I would never play 43 unless I had some chips invested in the hand and was getting decent value to make a call and see a flop. This hand gave me a great foundation early on in the tournament which helped me make it to an eventual 2nd place, therefore I have no regrets about risking 300 chips to win a pot of 20000 or so which is how it turned out. Now back to the thread, if rules are made at the start of a season then surely it"s not right to change them halfway through, having said that Apat is a democratic organisation and if enough people want change then I am sure their views will be taken on board. Everyone would be honoured to play for their country myself included. I do not put myself up as one of the top two english players but the four places have to be decided somehow. This has been stated as the way that the team is chosen and until a different method is put forward and adopted we are all bound by the current rules.

The preflop raise was higher than that (900 instead and not 450 because there was another limper actually) but anyway, you forgot to say that you called a 3000 bet on the flop with low pair and back door flush draw which is, in my humble opinion, criminal to say the least.

I think you were watching/playing a different hand, there were two fours in the flop and another random card which was a club giving me a set and a back door flush draw, that unsurprisingly was why I called the 3000 bet after the flop.

The turn was a club and therefore not a four giving me a set and a flush/full house draw on the river. You pushed all in and I called.

The river was a blank and sadly for you was not a king that is the story. I don"t know at what stage you think I hit my set all I know is your kk was only ever ahead pre flop so in my humble opinion I played the hand quite well actually.

The only thing that was criminal as you put it, is your failure to remember what happened correctly before posting on this forum. And yes Rob he did lose the hand.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:30:43 AM by Hammerite »
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

JamieCarra

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2010, 02:20:31 AM »

Don"t worry - the Northern Ireland team was 3 hours late last year and it had no effect on their result.

That"s incorrect John.  The three players who turned up late each scored more points than the player who was there on time.  GG Gerard.

:"(

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »

I think you were watching/playing a different hand, there were two fours in the flop and another random card which was a club giving me a set and a back door flush draw, that unsurprisingly was why I called the 3000 bet after the flop.

The turn was a club and therefore not a four giving me a set and a flush/full house draw on the river. You pushed all in and I called.

The river was a blank and sadly for you was not a king that is the story. I don"t know at what stage you think I hit my set all I know is your kk was only ever ahead pre flop so in my humble opinion I played the hand quite well actually.

The only thing that was criminal as you put it, is your failure to remember what happened correctly before posting on this forum. And yes Rob he did lose the hand.

Yet another example of the case for video replays.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2010, 13:09:26 PM »
lol at bickering over the way a hand was played ages ago

also i think you may have flopped trips, not a set but that"s a technicality
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2010, 09:29:57 AM »
I must agree it is quite amusing Dean, and thanks for putting me right about the trips. Oh and JM pure quality mate.  ;D
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat