Author Topic: S4 WCOAP - Player of the Championships - Discussion  (Read 17670 times)

Hammerite

• Gold Member
Re: WCOAP - Player of the Championships
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 21:03:46 PM »

Winning 1 tournament should not make you player of the Championships - it makes u player of the tournament.  The way it has been set out is definately the fairest way, and it pains me to say it as I cnt play some events due to being in Team event.  Excellent prize, and great motivation for someone to try and crush ALL the tournaments.

Yip completely agree as well

+1
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 00:12:12 AM »
Only just spotted this. Terrific added value. Wish I"d entered more now!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

jbong

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
Great to see more added value .. WP Betfair and APAT !! points system looks fine to me .. See you"s at the weekend  ;)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 02:26:44 AM »
However the points are scored, whatever the advantages players have who are lucky enough to be playing in 3 or more of the events may have over the rest, the fact that we are even having a discussion about this is all down to the fact that Betfair have provided such a fabulous prize should be the main topic of conversation.
 Credit where it is due......WELL DONE BETFAIR !!

P.S.....Any odds for the M/E ??
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 16:26:44 PM »

However the points are scored, whatever the advantages players have who are lucky enough to be playing in 3 or more of the events may have over the rest, the fact that we are even having a discussion about this is all down to the fact that Betfair have provided such a fabulous prize should be the main topic of conversation.
 Credit where it is due......WELL DONE BETFAIR !!

P.S.....Any odds for the M/E ??

Gotta back Brian up here, I also feel like having a moan, as would love to be in with a good chance of this, but an also honoured @ playing for team Cymru. Either way, this is once again fantastic added value for everyone playing and my hat goes out to APAT and Betfair for what will only increase the already fierce competition to get into these sought after events.

rudders

• Silver Member
Re: WCOAP - Player of the Championships - Discussion
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 18:23:07 PM »
Can I make a suggestion......

Whilst We are all proud to be representing our countries it does not seem fair that those playing in the team event are disadvantaged in the POTC race.

• Most of us have had to

• withdraw from at least 1 event
      This is not a freebie tournament it is actually quite expensive

• It is arguable that the field is a pretty tough 1 meaning points are earnt in the hardest of ways

• those participating in the team event are amongst the group that are here for the duration, therby giving APAT the fullest support

The field size for the team event is 48 which is similar to or larger than side events such as the stud or HE.

I would suggest that the overall top scorers over the team event are awarded ponts in line with the side events, this could be done for each day or for the whole event. Lets face it each player will have to play at leastsix events each over 2 days

What say you APAT?
[/list]

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 18:33:18 PM »

Whilst We are all proud to be representing our countries it does not seem fair that those playing in the team event are disadvantaged in the POTC race.

• Most of us have had to

• It is arguable that the field is a pretty tough 1 meaning points are earnt in the hardest of ways

• those participating in the team event are amongst the group that are here for the duration, therby giving APAT the fullest support

The field size for the team event is 48 which is similar to or larger than side events such as the stud or HE.

I would suggest that the overall top scorers over the team event are awarded ponts in line with the side events, this could be done for each day or for the whole event. Lets face it each player will have to play at leastsix events each over 2 days

What say you APAT?
    [/list]

If you"re wondering what the noise is ?      I"m thinking  ;)

Damn you Rudders, you may force us into another APAT conference call.   ;D

We"ll get back to you.

rudders

• Silver Member
    « Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 19:01:41 PM »
    TY TY TY

All we crave is your attention, consideration and of course your collective Wisdom!

P S apologies for lateness of post- been a mad week or so.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
    • Platinum Member
    « Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 19:07:55 PM »

• Most of us have had to

What say you APAT?
      [/list]

+1

Exactly what I said on the previous page, only using a lot more words  ;D

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
      • Silver Member
      « Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 19:09:23 PM »

• Most of us have had to

What say you APAT?
        [/list]

We"ll get back to you.

I still stand by my previous post stating what a good job has done by all, but i"m a huge fan of rudders suggestion here, I"m sure the team event will be fiercely fought between 48 players, all of which are forced to miss the events of the first 2 days.To be at a disadvantage for playing such a prestigious event does suck a little and the added value on offer is something im sure every player would love a chance at.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
        • Platinum Member
        « Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 19:21:35 PM »

• Most of us have had to

What say you APAT?
          [/list]

We"ll get back to you.

I still stand by my previous post stating what a good job has done by all, but i"m a huge fan of rudders suggestion here, I"m sure the team event will be fiercely fought between 48 players, all of which are forced to miss the events of the first 2 days.To be at a disadvantage for playing such a prestigious event does suck a little and the added value on offer is something im sure every player would love a chance at.

^^^ This (and that, and the bit before it).

Think Rudders has it spot on.

technolog

• Platinum Member
          • Happy chappy
          « Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 20:58:40 PM »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
          • Platinum Member
            • APAT
          « Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 21:59:09 PM »
          After a bit of deep discussion and thought, the scoring will remain as first announced.

The Team Championships, and Pro League for that matter, are considered separate events to the rest of the WCOAP schedule and therefore will not be included in any "Player of the Championships" rankings.

It would not be right to potentially change the dynamics of the team event by including an element of individual reward in the form of POTC ranking points.

Pears27

• Silver Member
          « Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 22:18:35 PM »
          Won"t the team event mostly be made up of individuals doing as well as they can in each match? Not sure I understand the changing dynamics point.  ???

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
          • Platinum Member
          « Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 22:48:13 PM »

Won"t the team event mostly be made up of individuals doing as well as they can in each match? Not sure I understand the changing dynamics point.  ???

Agree - not quite sure what the dynamics are that would change. Each STT and each HU is about winning - the team dynamic doesn"t have a bearing, particularly given as no two players from the same team can ever be pitted against each other on the same table.

That said, I"m sure Leigh, Des and Rich have given due consideration - end of.  To be honest, whilst being disappointed that my chances at POTC are somewhat reduced, I"m made up to be in the team event, and to me that carries far more weight.