Author Topic: S4 Thanks to all at DTD and APAT for a great world championships  (Read 9796 times)

furnesspoker

• Silver Member
  • Furness Poker Den
    • UK Poker Forum
I would like to say a HUGE thank you from myself and the Furness Players to Des and everyone at APAT for providing a superb festival of poker, also to all the staff at the Dusk TIl Dawn Club.
Once again we enjoyed some great days and nights of poker, met up with old friends and made new ones.

Thank You
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 18:38:19 PM by Chipaccrual »

Azzerus

Re: Thanks to all at DTD and APAT for a great world chapionships
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »
Totally agree well structured, well presented great banter great dealers.   Although I was only there or the 1 day (Sunday) I still had a great time and thought the play was outstanding.

Are any photos going to be uploaded?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
Superb as always guys -big thanks for all the work you do!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 18:44:06 PM »
Hi , have just about recovered from 5 days of poker and am wanting to say a big thankyou to all the staff at DTD especially Simon Trumper.I want to congratulate APAT on a fantastic few days of poker and to say how grateful i am for all the help from Des , LEIGH Wilstshire and tightend in making it so successful.I met some great people in the team event , including all the polish lads like Marcin and Hen , the german lads , the spanish , the italians ( thankyou for your support Luca) , the Scots , French , the republic of ireland , the northern irish and of course the dutch.i thought the english team were also very unlucky but also very gracious with Steve Redfern and Brian Yates both very friendly characters.i must give a special mention to the Canadian team and their captain Craig who was a great sport throughout.Cheers Paul for being a great captain and well played Dan and RUDDERS too.My friend Max won the omaha and we had several welsh final tablists.Special praise should go to my friend Ben who won the main event and played outstandingly well.My one and only moan is the prize structure.paying 9th and 4th place the same isnt good news in my opinion and takes a lot of skill  out of the game when players simply push all in with 0 to play for.i know the medals and places are important , but the money is far too big in the main event to warrant this format of prizes.That aside I had a great time and look forward to seeing you all again.highlight of the weekend was two fold.1, dan not coming back drunk to the room i had to share with him and 2. my massage during the main event that sent me into dreamland.cheers all.dylan.

rudders

• Silver Member
A big thankyou
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 19:36:01 PM »
A huge thanks to APAT (in particular Des,Leigh and tighty) for another fantastic week of poker. The amount of effort that goes into the planning, organisation and running this event is immense. It is greatly appreciated.

Also DTD is a wonderful venue for poker where I always enjoy playing. That being said the somewhat heavy handed approach at times to those who were celebrating left a bitter taste. I am not talking about those who were over the top, but exuberance at various levels of success. Additionally in the case of those who did over indulge- many had put a lot of money over the bar (hundreds of pounds in quite a few cases). Banning them from drinking was not always the most appropriate way of rewarding their custom.

Anyway...... Obviously the team event was the highlight of the week for me. I am so proud to have played a small part in Wales"s victory. The team spirit was fantastic from the start and was what kept us going when the going got tough. Above everything else we all enjoyed the event, the play..... the company... the craic. We were blessed with captain fantastic who encouraged when needed, but also had the sense to leave us when we needed to focus. Paul..... u truly are "da man" ( further proved his class with a 4th place in the HORSE event). Dan was our secret weapon -  did anyone really want to be drawn on the same table as him? I told him I felt he was the key to any success that we might have- and so it proved, His irrepressible personality and style made him unplayable at times. To those who doubted him or questioned his selection. well the results dont lie!  Dylan was the glue holding us together- always supportive and making so many right decisions he showed his class on so many occasions taking the beats ( and there were some nasty ones) with dignity. I have never seen anyone give so much on a table. By the last game were he was heads up he was almost out on his feet.... a huculean effort ( how he managed a FT in the omaha when totally knackered is amazing.. red bull, a poker brain and true class I guess)

I am proud to call these guys world champions... but more than that they are my friends.

I cant mention everyone, but can say I that I enjoyed every table that I played (I can only apologise for my jokes on the final 6 max table- I suppose it was my way of saying that I wouldnt let the pressure get to me. However a special mention to teams Canada and Northern Ireland both teams in the hunt till the end- never bottled it and never lost their sense of humour- Well done on the medals guys it was a great battle. Colin you were a pleasure to play with well played indeed. The support and play of the other teams especially le luckboxes of france (!), Ireland and Poland was  fantastic.

A special mention for team England, picking this team was a thankless task, you will never please everyone. Make no mistake this was a high calibre team who were on the wrong side of so many outdraws it was unreal. To their credit at no point did they lose their cool and the words of support and then congratulations are amongst those that I value the highest. They showed real class and dignity. WP GG guys.

We got so much support from so many people... thankyou to you all.

It was a great time for Wales with Dai 2nd in the stud, Dylan 8th in the omaha, Warren 3rd in the HU, Paul 4th in the HORSE and of course Ben and Steves 1st and 2nd in the ME. Looks like selection for next year will be tougher than ever
Well done all.

I hope this wasnt too much of a ramble- I just wanted to express how much I enjoyed the whole 5 days, and what it meant to me

Rudders

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 19:58:25 PM »
Paragraphs.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 20:26:53 PM »

Paragraphs.

World Champions don"t need paragraphs.   ;D

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 20:27:35 PM »
Dylan speaks very quickly  ;D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
Re: A big thankyou
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 20:53:59 PM »
Top report Rudders, just one mistake matey. You never played a small part in Team Cymru"s victory. You played a huge part/ well ok then a 25% part ;D ;D

Thanks for pointing out just what a difficult job next year will be.  :"(

I"m glad You posted this, as it now saves me repeating 90% of your thoughts and feelings, seeing as all four of us shared similar throughout the five days.

Still, let me publicly thank Yourself, Dylan and Dan. You are my official heroes of the Year. Yes you are all my very good friends.  Friends? not sure that word covers it, thanks for the company guys. I"ll c u all soon

Cheers

Paul Mac
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 21:10:14 PM »
N1 Dyl, Great week mate, cu soon Paul. :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 23:40:01 PM »

Are any photos going to be uploaded?

There are a number of Picasa albums from the event at http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/www.apat.com

Mahound

• Bronze Member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 23:51:09 PM »

I would like to say a HUGE thank you from myself and the Furness Players to Des and everyone at APAT for providing a superb festival of poker, also to all the staff at the Dusk TIl Dawn Club.
Once again we enjoyed some great days and nights of poker, met up with old friends and made new ones.

Thank You

I would also like to add my thanks to APAT for the running of this festival. This is the first APAT that i have ever been too and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like Furness I also enjoyed some great days and nights of poker, met up with new friends.

I would also like to thank the Apat reps who helped me as a first time APAT player. Cant remember all of there names tho i do know i spoke to Tightend and he was very helpful when i need some advice and guidance.

Also  to the staff of the Dusk till Dawn Club, what a great place it was,  with helpful and friendly staff, who only enhanced the reputation of an already successful club.

And If i am not mistaken i was talking to Furness in the DTD and if i am right he needs some congrats too,  for making two final tables

Leon0077

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 09:20:53 AM »
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everybody involved in the APAT events at the DTD in Nottingham last week.

The professionalism and synergy of all the people concerned within Betfair , DTD & APAT was absolutely second to none.

A big thankyou to all the dealers , waitresses , bar staff , cleaners etc. you made it happen on a level most organisations would envy.

This was my first live tournament event and i thoroughly enjoyed myself albeit i finished 57th ( Disappointing for me ).

Till next time

Leonard Hodgkinson

furnesspoker

• Silver Member
  • Furness Poker Den
    • UK Poker Forum
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »
:) Cheers for the recognition there Mahound, was hoping to play the HORSE event to try and make it 3 but our transport chief decided he had to get home so it was an early bath for that plan.

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 13:04:09 PM »
Thankyou to everyone at APAT for working so hard to create a wonderful poker experience for us all. :)