Author Topic: S4 ENGLAND - WCOAP Team Championships  (Read 49538 times)

daveyb147

• Silver Member
Re: ENGLAND - WCOAP Team Championships
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2010, 15:37:02 PM »
Goodluck brian and the team !!!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2010, 16:41:37 PM »

Goodluck brian and the team !!!

Kiss of Death
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
Well played guys.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
The look that says it all

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »
Bitterly disappointed.

Gutted, but content in the knowledge that I couldn"t have done a great deal differently. The few decent hands I had were outdrawn - lost every single race, and couldn"t even win the two 80/20s I managed to get in with. The whole team ran so bad it actually become comical - the trend was set on the first round of the first day when Charles got in with JJ v 55 and lost.... and that followed on for the rest of the team.

Personally, felt the pressure from the off given recent discussions around repeat selection - realy wanted to prove a point, but frankly things couldn"t have gone much worse.

Bad beats and outdaws aside - this was another fantastic APAT experience, and am chuffed to bits for Paul and the boyos. Shared tables with some of the Welsh team along the way - what a great bunch of guys, and deserving winners.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2010, 11:53:50 AM »
Watched a lot of your games Steve, and to be fair you all ran hugely bad...five overpairs cracked by underpairs isn"t helpful!

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »
Just to echo Steve"s post, I thoroughly enjoyed the event despite the result. Recovered from a personal perspective on day 2, but team poker is such a different dynamic and I"m just gutted for the boys. Didn"t play anything like as badly as the wooden spoon would suggest. Even the cash on Thursday night followed in the same vain. What a time to run horribly.

Fully expect us to put in a magnificent showing in the main now. Here"s hoping...

Thanks again to Brian for my selection, and huge congratulations to Paul, Dan and the two Welsh lads I didn"t get to meet. The balance of good spirit with a bit of needle was spot on ;)

P.  

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2010, 21:40:27 PM »
Another fantastic experience over this long weekend. Great to see old friends and meet many new ones.
The team event from our point of view was hugely disappointing, not that we could have done much differently than we did. As Tighty said, 5 times in 6 sit-N-Go"s we lost to an underpair. I guess our suckout"s will come later down the line.
 I would like to thank the APAT guys for the chance to Captain the team and although I doubt that I will get a 3rd shot at playing in this event, that wont stop me trying to come back and exact revenge next year.
 Congrats to Paul and the Boyos, all top lads although it is hard to find a more deserving Captain than Mr McGuinness. I have huge respect for this guy and nobody deserved success more.
 Also, the Welsh were my "Team to beat" as I told my team before we started on Thursday. The main reason for that was one Dan Owston, who many regard as a loose cannon, but who showed that he is anything but that when the situation requires it.
 I played against both Rudders and Dylan during the festival too and both can talk a good game and back it up on the felt.
All in all, the best team won.
 Good on ya lads.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2010, 09:03:28 AM »
Just wanted to add a some thoughts, firstly a few thanks:

• All at APAT for excellent organisation

• DTD for their top notch professional delivery of a great competition.

• To Brian, thanks so much for your invitation, truly honoured just so disappointed I couldn"t deliver.

• To the team, amongst all the banter and beats it felt so good to be part of the England team, we lived and died through the experience together unbowed.

It was my first live experience of live team play, its quite different, I would recommend it to everyone, really consider putting yourself forward next year as you will have a blast.
Well done to the Medalists, the Welsh team fully deserved their success.

zzBlizzardzz

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2010, 15:03:44 PM »
Guys, well what can I say. Most of you know me and you know there is nothing I"d like more than to take the pi** out of your position at the wcoap. But it ain"t going to happen. I have never seen any one run so bad when racing or even when your ahead. Obviously not indicative of your normal individual play. I know your all gutted about your performance but don"t be. As you said several times you got it in good and that"s really all you can do. Really unlucky lads. Best of luck next year. Team Canada
Team Canada Captain 2010 Silver Medalists

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2010, 17:34:50 PM »
Hi guys, thank you for your kind words. As i have stated elswhere you ran so bad throughout the event, and as Brian states,"You couldn"t have done anything differently" Do not beat yourselves up, you are all excellent players and i know neither myself nor the Welsh team have anything but total respect for you guys. I really admire the way you have all handled the situation, and anybody for any country that played could not have withstood the neg variance over the event that you guys suffered. Thank You also for your support when you were no longer in the running, very much appreciated. This is the true Apat spirit, and you four are glowing with it.

Hats off to England and the very best of luck for the future.

On behalf of team Wales

Paul Mac
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011