Author Topic: PokerStars Change Policy on Player Data  (Read 3423 times)

Lankylad1

PokerStars Change Policy on Player Data
« on: November 12, 2007, 14:23:55 PM »
"PokerStars has mandated a change in all online poker tournament databases. This change affects both our paid and unpaid users. Starting on August 21st, 2007, all users must opt-in to have their full statistics displayed on the site. In addition, users will have the option of having their PokerStars statistics completely removed from thepokerdb. All changes made between August 14th and August 21st will take effect on the switchover date."

I was just wondering what peoples views are on this. I"m not really sure as i don"t use data sites very often, an experienced (i"m not saying good, i"m saying "experiencd" :P) player can spot a fish at a table without having to go look at stats on a website.
It also raises a lot of questions for me. The most obvious being are these sites ethical. No one is born a good poker player although some people might have better instincts or skills that give them an edge but you can only get good through practise and experience - playing a lot of hands. But why should someone starting out and only learning the game have thier stats on a website (and probably not even know it) for everyone to see, surely it"s unfair. If you were learning how to drive and weren"t very good at it you wouldn"t have stats like how many times you hit the kerb and/or how many times you stalled the engine printed in the newspaper!

Any views?

Ericstoner

• Bronze Member
  • It's getting harder, my feet are biginning to drag
Re: PokerStars Change Policy on Player Data
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 14:27:16 PM »
pokerstars don"t  want it known that 90 o/o of their players are losers, so they won"t give up the info now

DarthClubs

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »
Does that mean i"m in the other 10%

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 15:59:33 PM »

Does that mean i"m in the other 10%

We area  very elite club.  ;-)

Whats your Stars username and i"ll tell you what percentile you are in?