Author Topic: Luton Event - Buyin Problems  (Read 13781 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Luton Event - Buyin Problems
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 21:56:47 PM »

I"ve managed to register but Caroline hasn"t, so as things stand, I"ll just unregister and won"t go and wait until we swop the Betfair sponsor for one that knows what they are doing!!!!!!!!

Over-react much?

Not to make light of your problem but the positives that Betfair have brought to APAT this year far outweigh the minor difficulties affecting a very small number of players.

Sorry Paulie but to those of us who have been longstanding supporters of APAT these issues are a right pain in the rear. I think it"s wrong to imply that if it only affects a few then that"s OK given that these issues didn"t exist with previous sponsors. Baldus has every right to be a bit miffed - lets face it he doesn"t get any added value if he can"t play the event!

I"m hopeful that Betfair can sort it out for the future because this issue doesn"t exist for the league games - each time we have a click fest they just need to be reminded to set up the game the same as they do the league game and allow anyone regardless of IP.

good point

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 21:57:15 PM »
I"m in Leigh thanks to the neighbours unsecured internet access. You can cross us both of the list of "problems" (for now  ;D)
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 21:59:08 PM »

I"m in Leigh thanks to the neighbours unsecured internet access.

just stay logged in and cancel your internet providers contract  ;D

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 22:03:10 PM »

I"m in Leigh thanks to the neighbours unsecured internet access.

just stay logged in and cancel your internet providers contract  ;D

I would but sitting in the garden in the dark with me laptop was a bit scary  :-\

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 22:06:34 PM »

I"ve managed to register but Caroline hasn"t, so as things stand, I"ll just unregister and won"t go and wait until we swop the Betfair sponsor for one that knows what they are doing!!!!!!!!

Over-react much?

Not to make light of your problem but the positives that Betfair have brought to APAT this year far outweigh the minor difficulties affecting a very small number of players.

Sorry Paulie but to those of us who have been longstanding supporters of APAT these issues are a right pain in the rear. I think it"s wrong to imply that if it only affects a few then that"s OK given that these issues didn"t exist with previous sponsors. Baldus has every right to be a bit miffed - lets face it he doesn"t get any added value if he can"t play the event!

I"m hopeful that Betfair can sort it out for the future because this issue doesn"t exist for the league games - each time we have a click fest they just need to be reminded to set up the game the same as they do the league game and allow anyone regardless of IP.

I think Paulie"s view, which I happen to agree with, is that it"s not an issue worth getting majorly worked up about.  Yes it"s a pain in the bum that this glitch exists, but APAT have reacted quickly to the issue and Leigh has said he"s going to get it sorted for people that can"t register due to the glitch.  I"m sure APAT will be talking to Betfair as well to ensure that a fix is put in place for future events.  There does seem to be an element of cutting off ones nose to spite ones face by unregistering out of protest over a software glitch, when we"ve already been informed that APAT will sort the entries out.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 22:07:29 PM »

Ahhh...I wasn"t aware that it was a "setting" they just forgot to tick. Fair do"s then.

I just assumed that the "no duplicate IP" thing was standard amongst online sites to combat multi-accounting and/or collusion...not that I"m suggesting anything of that nature is happening. Clearly, if it something they can fix by just flipping a switch and they forget to do so...then that needs to be looked at.

Still, I maintain that threatening a boycott was over-reacting when Leigh had already said that he"d make it right.

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 22:13:50 PM »

Sorry Paulie but to those of us who have been longstanding supporters of APAT

Just one point...I"m inferring that you seem to think I haven"t been a long-time supporter of APAT....I have to take issue with that.

I may not have been in on the ground floor, if I had I"d have slipped Des a wodge for a piece, but I was here when the doors opened.

If I"ve misinterpreted the comment, something that can easily happen online..then I apologise and the first pint in Luton is on me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 22:15:54 PM by Paulie_D »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 22:17:46 PM »

I just assumed that the "no duplicate IP" thing was standard amongst online sites to combat multi-accounting and/or collusion...

I can assure you that my greatest moments are when I beat that long streak of misery that is my son  ;D

doesn"t happen often tho  ::)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 22:19:01 PM »

the first pint in Luton is on me.

right behind ya

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 22:24:35 PM »

right behind ya

That"s the last place I want you...I need to keep an eye on you.

Should be arriving in Luton around 7pm on the Friday...staying at the Day"s Inn. I"m only an hour or so from there but the Days Inn deal was too good to pass up.

In the bar at DI or the G for 7.30, I reckon.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 22:24:38 PM »

Still, I maintain that threatening a boycott was over-reacting when Leigh had already said that he"d make it right.

I agree it was an over-reaction. But to imply that it"s OK if it only affects a few does fan the flames a little!

We"re lucky this time it didn"t fill and so it can be fixed for those it needs to be fixed for. Next time Leigh might not be able to make the same offer.

Let"s leave it at that coz it appears everyone who wants to be in right now will get in.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 22:28:58 PM »
Fair enough, hope it all gets sorted....but I never said it was OK.  ;D

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 22:31:14 PM »
Did someone mention a pint?
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 22:32:23 PM »

Sorry Paulie but to those of us who have been longstanding supporters of APAT

Just one point...I"m inferring that you seem to think I haven"t been a long-time supporter of APAT....I have to take issue with that.
If I"ve misinterpreted the comment, something that can easily happen online..then I apologise and the first pint in Luton is on me.

Oh Boy you owe me a pint... I"ll be pi$$ed if I accept  ;D

I wasn"t trying to imply you"re not a longstanding supporter - far from it. Look at your post count! (though many of those posts contained BUMP or . or similar!!!! :o)

I would make exactly the same comment to Des. i.e. Just because I"m saying I am doesn"t mean I"m saying you"re not.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 22:38:28 PM »
Look at your post count!

Yeah...I love to talk and I"m an opinionated bar-steward.  ::)

(though many of those posts contained BUMP or . or similar!!!! :

But sometimes...I like to be brief.

LOL. :P ;D