Author Topic: Luton Event - Buyin Problems  (Read 13786 times)

Baldus New

• Silver Member
Re: Luton Event - Buyin Problems
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 22:52:19 PM »

I"ve managed to register but Caroline hasn"t, so as things stand, I"ll just unregister and won"t go and wait until we swop the Betfair sponsor for one that knows what they are doing!!!!!!!!

Over-react much?

Not to make light of your problem but the positives that Betfair have brought to APAT this year far outweigh the minor difficulties affecting a very small number of players.

Sorry Paulie but to those of us who have been longstanding supporters of APAT these issues are a right pain in the rear. I think it"s wrong to imply that if it only affects a few then that"s OK given that these issues didn"t exist with previous sponsors. Baldus has every right to be a bit miffed - lets face it he doesn"t get any added value if he can"t play the event!

I"m hopeful that Betfair can sort it out for the future because this issue doesn"t exist for the league games - each time we have a click fest they just need to be reminded to set up the game the same as they do the league game and allow anyone regardless of IP.

Paulie, maybe you do not have the issue of two people in your household or you were an only child but usually when there is more than one of you, either you both play or neither of you play, it not cutting off your nose to spite to your face but being unselfish, so no it is not an over reaction, just a plain fact, either both play or neither plays and at the time Leigh had not responded to my thread but we are very grateful for his intervention.

This is not the first buy in that this has happened with, as the same issues occurred with the Worlds, so this is obviously an ongoing issue previously raised and still not dealt with by Betfair after several months.

You then ring them up and their helpline cannot even tell the difference between you trying to register for a live event instead of an online comp and the response is just that they will look at it within the next 24 hours and get back to you, as the event will not sell out before then.

Obviously they do not realise how popular the events are, as they didn"t even know who APAT were  :D

In most service industries, an unresolved customer complaint or problem that still exists some months  after first being logged does not look good, no matter what added value is brought to the table and if this is not resolved, it will no doubt bring more admin headaches for APAT and players alike, which for those "few" affected, is not a minor issue.

It"s OK being flipent if you are already registered!!!!!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 23:08:39 PM »
Sigh...OK here goes....hoping not to fan the flames or feed any trolls.

The over-reaction I mentioned was to the threat to boycott APAT events...not to the fact that he was raising the issue.

Is it annoying if it"s happening to you...of course, I"m not trying to downplay that or the frustration that some are feeling with something that should, apparently, be an easy fix.

What I trying to do was bring some perspective to the issue...as it seemed to be lacking at the time.

Also, giving the best sponsor APAT have ever had (IMHO) a very public pasting just because of a technical glitch seemed a bit much to me...especially as Leigh was already on it. We want to keep Betfair around (warts and all)...although some wart remover would be nice.  ;D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »
Perspective guys?  This is a minor glitch, that whilst frustrating, should not take away from the APAT/Betfair relationship. To refuse to play any tournaments until APAT move away from Betfair is daft - this is a simple glitch, and as has been pointed out multiple times on this thread already, Leigh was already on it and confirmed that everyone who tried to get a seat would get one.

Time to move on now?

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:53 PM »
Richard has been unable to register with his tournament ticket as I had already bought into the tournament (serves him right for being so slow  ;D ). He has pm"ed you Leigh.
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »

Richard has been unable to register with his tournament ticket as I had already bought into the tournament (serves him right for being so slow  ;D ). He has pm"ed you Leigh.

Got it, and replied.

Thanks

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 15:07:54 PM »
So, about this pint....

;)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 15:18:24 PM »

So, about this pint....

Sorry...only one per argument....and this one is taken by AJD.

All he has to do is find me at Luton and tap me on the shoulder and say in a loud voice..

"You"re Paulie_D and I hereby claim my pint".*

*ID required, offer invalidated where prohibited by law.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Baldus New

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 22:15:37 PM »
Maybe to get around this problem that has existed on both software programmes, for sometime, Betfair could split the maximum entrant numbers between two holding tanks, which would then avoid the issue of two household members being unable to register for the same event,as they could each enter a different tank, as it would appear to be two seperate events for the software.

Just a thought.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 22:16:58 PM »

Maybe to get around this problem that has existed on both software programmes, for sometime, Betfair could split the maximum entrant numbers between two holding tanks, which would then avoid the issue of two household members being unable to register for the same event,as they could each enter a different tank, as it would appear to be two seperate events for the software.

Just a thought.

Great minds think alike.    ;)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2010, 03:59:46 AM »
although, as has been pointed out before, this issue doesn"t happen in league games so I"m not sure why they can"t set up the holding tanks like they do the league games
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »

although, as has been pointed out before, this issue doesn"t happen in league games so I"m not sure why they can"t set up the holding tanks like they do the league games

The league games have a password and that is why we seem to be able to register with the same IP address. On other sites having the same IP address has never been a problem - its was only when we tried to register from the same computer.

I think APAT want to make these tournaments open so they can attract more members to the fold. If every tournament is closed with password protection people just won"t be bothered to go to the website. Hopefully if it is open they will come to the tournament and get more interested in what APAT stands for.

The two tank situation should be a help.
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 11:16:17 AM »

The league games have a password and that is why we seem to be able to register with the same IP address. On other sites having the same IP address has never been a problem - its was only when we tried to register from the same computer.

I think APAT want to make these tournaments open so they can attract more members to the fold. If every tournament is closed with password protection people just won"t be bothered to go to the website. Hopefully if it is open they will come to the tournament and get more interested in what APAT stands for.

The two tank situation should be a help.

Dublin holding tank has a password! And no IP problem. So consistency would help us all.

On balance I disagree with your arguement about password protection. If the lobby said see apat.com for password then that should drive those who really want to play to the site. Take the password off and you risk those that enter not really knowing what they"ve entered and perhaps not seeing vital detail regarding the venue and tournament.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!